• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Witcher 3: PS4 vs XB1 video (Gamersyde)

Status
Not open for further replies.

xion4360

The only things I can tell is that PS4 looks very slightly darker in the opening shot and how the shadows are in different places in various parts of the video (probably having to do with those "lighting differences" mentioned in the Gamersyde post).

Look at the ground

XB1 Geralt is in shadow PS4 he isn't

yeah and thats not to say one is better or worse, it just so happens that you have a realtime lighting solution applied and thats always going to end up creating slight differences.

Its more useful to look at textures, resolution, AA... performance..

Is it possible this dynamic res is just 1080p during cut scenes and 900p gameplay?

dont think its applied that way, like how some games lock framerate at 30 for cutscenes but unlocked or 60 for gameplay... I think dynamic resolution is based on performance load, so when its getting heavy it drops to 900 to try and keep performance up.

creatchee

It's comparisons like this that make me wish that they would take away the PS4 and XB1 captions for a few days and let people say "the left is better" or "the right is better" before all is revealed and many look like fools.

Ostinatto

Looks waaaay better on PC, why would someone buy this on consoles?

iri6gCWaEtDHA.gif

Skii

They are only pushing it to 1080p in situations where it can actually handle it, so the framedrops that can be seen are, I assume, happening at 900p.

Yeah but there could also be situations where it can't entirely handle 1080p but the game switches to it anyway providing the frame rate doesn't drop below a certain number.

ps3ud0

It's comparisons like this that make me wish that they would take away the PS4 and XB1 captions for a few days and let people say "the left is better" or "the right is better" before all is revealed and many look like fools.
LOL was thinking the same thing
Possible, but most likely it is truly dynamic, just like resolution changes in Wolfenstein: TNO.
Surely though they havent opted for dynamic res over both axes?

ps3ud0 8)

cgcg

Better solution is to stab everyones eyes out then all will look the same, especially the x1 version.

Phreak47

Looks like it's really splitting hairs, but probably the best comparison shot is at 1:17

y4lUz24.jpg

Comparing the arms, XB1 looks a bit blurry compared to PS4. But really, who cares.

Angel_DvA

The Xbox One version looks blurrier and have some framerate drops here and there, both looks great though ( Still going to PC. )

xion4360

No, he's saying, he'd rather render everyone incapable so they'll all shut up. I can get on board.

that would be a pretty boring world... you gotta spice up life somehow, and a little online this look better than based on evidence is preferable to trading blows over things lacking principle.

basically, its harmless fun...unless you get mad or have an agenda to defend one platform in which case, im on board with you.

FairFight

Banned
Looks great on both platforms. Really impressed how this turned out on consoles. I'm getting one of each. PS4 for me and Xbox One for my brother.

Phreak47

that would be a pretty boring world... you gotta spice up life somehow, and a little online this look better than based on evidence is preferable to trading blows over things lacking principle.

basically, its harmless fun...unless you get mad or have an agenda to defend one platform in which case, im on board with you.

Every once in a while though, these practices need a little healthy dose of getting shit on.

xion4360

I can see it there. It is subtle, but the right side is a shade blurier.

its tiny tho, and chances are you wont be too sensitive to the dynamic resolution so screenshot comparisons are kind of useless.. the game looks nearly identical to completely identical in that regard, so the only worthy comparison is one in motion, that shows the performance.

its tiny tho, and chances are you wont be too sensitive to the dynamic resolution so screenshot comparisons are kind of useless.. the game looks nearly identical to completely identical in that regard, so the only worthy comparison is one in motion, that shows the performance.

Sure. I expect the PS4 version to take it in performance based on the vids I have seen so far. Both seem to struggle abit though.

Looks like it's really splitting hairs, but probably the best comparison shot is at 1:17

y4lUz24.jpg

Comparing the arms, XB1 looks a bit blurry compared to PS4. But really, who cares.
The white stitches are slightly blurrier on ps4, but the chainmail is slightly shinier.

xion4360

The white stitches are slightly blurrier on ps4, but the chainmail is slightly shinier.

dont see white stitches anywhere, but im guessing you mean the stitches on the leather? there's no difference there other than angles. Textures look exactly the same. Its hard to even distinguish the two separate frames in that shot

Looks practically identical to me, other than maybe a couple of small differences. I really don't care about that type of thing too much, and just go for the version I want to play on.

Warnen

Don't pass gaas, it is your Destiny!
Both look good, was freaking out a bit cause got the Xbox one version over ps4.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom