• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Witcher 3: PS4 vs XB1 video (Gamersyde)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Prine

Banned
Looks the same. Just hoping for frame rate to be improved, happy for them to lower the fidelity to do so. Resolution is over played it doesnt effect my enjoyment, but stable frame rate is absolutely crucial.

ironcreed

Banned
I made very clear (or at least I thought so :) ) in the news that I did this video because people asked me to, but honestly it doesn't show much if anything besides some differences in framerate.
I don't like doing these comparison videos, so don't look too much into that one.
As for which version is better, the PS4 version is much smoother in terms of framerate than XB1, so the choice is clear. We'll have the replay of tonight's live stream up in a hour os so, and in this one we switched from the X1 version to PS4, and the difference is very noticeable.
It's doesn't mean the PS4 version is perfect though, it's very rarely locked at 30 fps from what I saw (first 90 minutes of the game, end of prologue).
Of course, we don't know if the current patch available for both consoles (v 1.01) is the day one patch or if there will be another before tuesday, but I doubt anyone would be willing to get a new patch live this close to launch...

I will be playing on PS4, so I am glad that it tends to run smoother. Thanks for that.

the xb1 version has more feeling and emotion. as the camera pans and stutters you can literally feel the weight and nervousness in the cameraman's heart as he stares at the terrifying griffin. the ps4 version is fake and gamey with how the camera moves smoothly.

xb1 is the best translation of the books due to this fact.

Xaero Gravity

NEXT LEVEL lame™
It is a bit silly given it's a single-player game. If I had a choice, I would pick the best looking and playing version that was available to me. Heck, I wouldn't think twice about it. It's not like my other systems are keeping tabs on how loyal I am to them.
Well there are other factors, not just the ones he mentioned. Controller preference and the CE coming with exclusive physical items being a few examples. I know I was torn on which console version to get before settling on the PS4 one.

Darksol

I'm glad to be getting the better console quality, but honestly, if I owned an XB1 I'd still be happy with my purchase.

Chobel

Thought in another thread it was confirmed by cd project that they wanted to patch it again once direct x came out?
They said they'll think about it, they didn't confirm it' coming, and it just sounded like PR talk to me.

But even if this is true, you'll be waiting for months and the result still won't outperform PS4.

the xb1 version has more feeling and emotion. as the camera pans and stutters you can literally feel the weight and nervousness in the cameraman's heart as he stares at the terrifying griffin. the ps4 version is fake and gamey with how the camera moves smoothly.

LMAO!

erawsd

Thought in another thread it was confirmed by cd project that they wanted to patch it again once direct x came out?

Never seen them state that for Xbox or PC. All they've really said is that they'll think about it when DX12 is widely available, which is the same thing they said about DX11 support for W2 and that never happened. So its possible, but I wouldn't read too much into it.

A friend who's already playing the X1 version just told me that there's constant stutter during gameplay.

So I guess the Xbox patch didn't fix the frame rate?

Prine

Banned
Few different reasons that added up for me
1)much prefer Xbox controller over ps4 for games I play more then a few hrs at a time. My set up doesn't like me plug in so when battery dies I'm forced to stop, and yes this happens a lot to me. Xbox lets me swap bats instantly.

2) hdd space, much easier to add more to Xbox. I tend to keep all my games installed. Only got 1tb on ps4 and have easy access up to 5tb on my Xbox just sitting around my house.

3) Direct X 12 patch?

4) had Witcher 2 on Xbox 360, kinda like keeping series on same system family (ie all assassin creed, battle field, far cry I buy are on Sony systems while all dragon age, mass effects, cod end up on Xbox systems). Yeah this is the dumbest reason.

If it was a huge difference I'd go ps4 but unless something changes in next few days it will be Xbox for me.

You shouldn't have to explain yourself man, forget them. For a game thats pretty much identical, there are other legitimate reasons when the gap between the 2 are so small. Controller, eco system, friends are some I dont think anyone can argue about.

VanWinkle

Hahaha

Fat4all

Banned

2604354-3777669238-3907593-8870966785-proxy

A friend who's already playing the X1 version just told me that there's constant stutter during gameplay.

So I guess the Xbox patch didn't fix the frame rate?

I'm pretty sure there's suppost to be another patch on launch day, though I may be wrong.

they look nearly identical except for slight blurry IQ on X1, shouldn't really make it a big thing as to which one to get except for the actual performance. Regardless, PC FTW! can't wait for this game to be officially released.

Wow the game is not out yet, we don't even have concrete professional comparisons and the ps4 fanboys are already shitting on the x1 version. Choosing a version due to a preference in controller or other console feature is perfectly fine people. And a possible dx12 patch has been common knowledge for months now, though it isn't guaranteed and might not even change anything.

Warnen

Don't pass gaas, it is your Destiny!
They said they'll think about it, they didn't confirm it' coming, and it just sounded like PR talk.

But even if this is true, you'll be waiting for months and the result still won't outperform PS4.

Like I said if there is any major differences I'll just get the ps4 version on next week, prob won't beable to play it till the weekend anyways. Xbox version shipped from Best Buys but got one way to work I can return and swap it out if needed.

A few fps won't bug me, screen tearing on the other hand is a personal pet peeve of mine and if Xbox was more then ps4 I'll drop it instantly.

Jedi2016

"It's identical except for the differences".. lol.

Time of day does look to be slightly different, that probably explains the differences in shadows. Beyond that, it's hard to see much. I think the XB1 players will be alright.

Fat4all

Banned
Jesus, already the fighting starts.

SUPERIOR TOUCHPAD FEATURES!

DX12 SECRET SAUCE!

facepalm01.gif

It does not surprise me considering how massive and detailed the world is. This is one ambitious game.

I'd say CD Projekt did the best job they could of done for the console versions, still looks like an amazing game and will happily play it non-stop for the coming days.

Chobel

Like I said if there is any major differences I'll just get the ps4 version on next week, prob won't beable to play it till the weekend anyways. Xbox version shipped from Best Buys but got one way to work I can return and swap it out if needed.

A few fps won't bug me, screen tearing on the other hand is a personal pet peeve of mine and if Xbox was more then ps4 I'll drop it instantly.

I'm not saying don't buy XBO version, you have some legitimate reasons for choosing it, and in the end it's your decision. However that DX12 patch thing is dumb reason.

xion4360

Wow the game is not out yet, we don't even have concrete professional comparisons and the ps4 fanboys are already shitting on the x1 version. Choosing a version due to a preference in controller or other console feature is perfectly fine people..

no one is shitting on xb1 version because of fanboy anything, the framerate on xb1 is just bad. Choosing one version over another on controller preference IS perfectly fine when the versions are otherwise identical or close enough.. that is really not the case here, anyone saying the game is identical is only looking at screenshots and ignoring the obvious performance difference. when a game runs bad to begin with, why go for the obviously even worse version!? its clear cut bias in that case and its fine but be honest and dont call anyone a fanboy when they point it out.

so this will be the fourth big "AAA" game in a row that i play on my PS4 that stutters and drops frames. nice gen we have here :/

GTAV (not that bad though), AC: Unity and Bloodborne were the others.

Regardless of PS4 or Xbox One I am just glad this game is coming to the consoles. More people need a chance to play it.

I double dipped. PS4/PC. But regardless I am glad is on the One and I am glad more people get a chance to play it.

Shin-Ra

Super helpful in a single player game.
You don't chat and listen to custom music through your single player games? You haven't lived.

so this will be the fourth big "AAA" game in a row that i play on my PS4 that stutters and drops frames. nice gen we have here :/

GTAV (not that bad though), AC: Unity and Bloodborne were the others.
Totally unique to this gen.

Is there a big framerate difference between the two?

I have no issues with the res, as I have the XB1 currently setup and I'm not wanting to swap it out for the PS4 until Batman, but framerate is inexcusable.

Warnen

Don't pass gaas, it is your Destiny!
I'm not saying don't buy XBO version, you have some legitimate reasons for choosing it, and in the end it's your decision. However that DX12 patch thing is dumb reason.

I agree, just thought that if it was coming might make up for the slight difference as is.

If DF puts up a good comperision before I get around to playing it I'll open to either at this point.

Hell why can't Sony just allow external hdd and turn off that fucking light on the controller... That would fix my issues with the ps4.

It is a bit silly given it's a single-player game. If I had a choice, I would pick the best looking and playing version that was available to me. Heck, I wouldn't think twice about it. It's not like my other systems are keeping tabs on how loyal I am to them.
You really need to settle down, people can choose their platform of chose. Jeez.

xion4360

So far there's an Xbox patch of 550 mb, it's suposed to get another patch on day one with the dynamic resolution.

dynamic res is not being patched in, its already there. the game is sure to get more patches, but the day 1 patch is probably 1.01 and thats already out.

The frame rate difference is pretty noticeable when the camera is panning. I'm going PC on this one, but from what I've seen and heard in regards to early impressions, the PS4 version is the one to get on consoles. That shouldn't be surprising given the disparity between the systems, but we've had some anomalies this gen so far where the XBO bested the PS4 in one aspect or another (missing AF in particular).

You don't chat and listen to custom music through your single player games? You haven't lived.

fuck that so hard. i HATE people trying to invite me to a chat while i'm trying to stay immersed in an RPG or whatever. why the hell would i want to talk to others if i'm focused on a single player game? i tried that once and the other person got mad because i didn't speak much... well what the hell do you expect me to talk about, what items i'm picking up or what? WHAT? i'm trying to concentrate on this boss fight, shut the fuck up about drama at work for the love of god..

it's madness i tell you. and custom music over the actual game soundtrack? more insanity.

bombshell

Is there a big framerate difference between the two?

I have no issues with the res, as I have the XB1 currently setup and I'm not wanting to swap it out for the PS4 until Batman, but framerate is inexcusable.

According to blimblim who did this video, it's much smoother on PS4.

So far there's an Xbox patch of 550 mb, it's suposed to get another patch on day one with the dynamic resolution.

You're mistaken, the launch patch 1.01 has been released already.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom