• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Witcher 3: PS4 vs XB1 video (Gamersyde)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Fat4all

Banned
You don't chat and listen to custom music through your single player games? You haven't lived.

I have, but I don't see what that has to do with The Witcher 3.

It's not like Xbox One owners can't do this. Even if it's so-so, all Xbox One's come with headsets in-box as well. Not only that, but it's better than the one that comes with the PS4. They can chat during game just as much as PS4 players.

Also, I'd rather not listen to music during this game.

xion4360

The thing is you're not the one to decide for anyone else what is fine and what is not when it comes to preferences.

I didnt say it was. I said its fine if you have a particular bias, but dont call anyone a fanboy when they point that bias out.

choosing one version of a game over another for platform specific reasons despite game specific reasons that should clearly lean you another way is biased. again thats fine, but dont pretend its something else.

Josman

The Ps4 version is the one to get, better IQ and framerate.
Like almost every game, resolution is the biggest difference so it'll be more noticeable during gameplay on a big screen.

Darksol

fuck that so hard. i HATE people trying to invite me to a chat while i'm trying to stay immersed in an RPG or whatever. why the hell would i want to talk to others if i'm focused on a single player game? i tried that once and the other person got mad because i didn't speak much... well what the hell do you expect me to talk about, what items i'm picking up or what? WHAT? i'm trying to concentrate on this boss fight, shut the fuck up about drama at work for the love of god..

it's madness i tell you. and custom music over the actual game soundtrack? more insanity.

Preach it, brother.

Mr Moose

so this will be the fourth big "AAA" game in a row that i play on my PS4 that stutters and drops frames. nice gen we have here :/

GTAV (not that bad though), AC: Unity and Bloodborne were the others.

GTA V doesn't stutter or drop frames. (Rarely drops from 30).

Looks like xbox one has black crush. This is a big deal to me even more so than resolution.

Nope, not from what I can see.

Shin-Ra

fuck that so hard. i HATE people trying to invite me to a chat while i'm trying to stay immersed in an RPG or whatever. why the hell would i want to talk to others if i'm focused on a single player game? i tried that once and the other person got mad because i didn't speak much... well what the hell do you expect me to talk about, what items i'm picking up or what? WHAT? i'm trying to concentrate on this boss fight, shut the fuck up about drama at work for the love of god..

it's madness i tell you. and custom music over the actual game soundtrack? more insanity.
Maybe Prine can fill us in.

Controller, eco system, friends are some I dont think anyone can argue about.
Also eco system.

Like power draw and stuff!

I have, but I don't see what that has to do with The Witcher 3.

It's not like Xbox One owners can't do this. Even if it's so-so, all Xbox One's come with headsets in-box as well. Not only that, but it's better than the one that comes with the PS4. They can chat during game just as much as PS4 players.

Also, I'd rather not listen to music during this game.
And there was me thinking you had to buy an adapter to use your previously bought 3.5mm headset.

ironcreed

Banned

I hear you. I have always been a turn the lights out and get immersed kind of gamer. When I play a game, I want to play the game. Not listen to music and chat.

BriGuy

You really need to settle down, people can choose their platform of chose. Jeez.

Yeah, you're right. Thanks for the advice. I would have expressed my gratitude sooner, but I had to find another computer first. I broke the keyboard on my last one by furiously pounding in my previous post. Not to mention how hard it would have been to see what I was doing, what with all the spit I got on the monitor spraying through my clenched teeth. I'm better now though.

This is something I agree with.

Warnen

Don't pass gaas, it is your Destiny!
Just ordered it for ps4 with local pick up for next week. Hope there is some proper vids up before I get around to playing it.

Down side I only spent $12 ish on Xbox version but I'm sure I'll get my cupons back and I'll use them on splatoon.

Fat4all

Banned
And there was me thinking you had to buy an adapter to use your previously bought 3.5mm headset.

Why are you only talking about features that have nothing to do with The Witcher?

It's fine if these are draws for you, but just because the options are harder to get to doesn't mean they aren't available to Xbox One owners.

I could see the "Ecosystem" argument being a valid point for a game like Destiny, but this is a single player RPG with a vast story and beautiful music. If you'd rather listen to your friends or your own music then that's your choice, but I don't see how that's negatives against the Xbone version in this scenario.

Yeah, you're right. Thanks for the advice. I would have expressed my gratitude sooner, but I had to find another computer first. I broke the keyboard on my last one by furiously pounding in my previous post. Not to mention how hard it would have been to see what I was doing, what with all the spit I got on the monitor spraying through my clenched teeth. I'm better now though.
That's good. I hope everyone in here can take a breather now, it's getting heated.

Noobcraft

I picked the Xbox One version because it is quite simply more dynamic than the other options. All versions of the game have dynamic lighting and weather systems, but only the Xbox One™ version of The Witcher 3: Wild Hunt exclusively features an actively dynamic resolution. On top of that it features a more dynamic framerate than than the PS4 version (though admittedly, the PS4 version features a dynamic framerate as well). I don't know about the rest of you, but in a world that values change and diversity, when it comes down to it I had absolutely no choice but to pick the Xbox One™ version of The Witcher 3: Wild Hunt.

Xaero Gravity

NEXT LEVEL lame™
I picked the Xbox One version because it is quite simply more dynamic than the other options. All versions of the game have dynamic lighting and weather systems, but only the Xbox One™ version of The Witcher 3: Wild Hunt exclusively features an actively dynamic resolution. On top of that it features a more dynamic framerate than than the PS4 version. I don't know about the rest of you, but in a world that values change and diversity, when it comes down to it I had absolutely no choice but to pick the Xbox One™ version of The Witcher 3: Wild Hunt.
You're going to get spawn camped again. ;)

Fat4all

Banned
I picked the Xbox One version because it is quite simply more dynamic than the other options. All versions of the game have dynamic lighting and weather systems, but only the Xbox One™ version of The Witcher 3: Wild Hunt exclusively features an actively dynamic resolution. On top of that it features a more dynamic framerate than than the PS4 version. I don't know about the rest of you, but in a world that values change and diversity, when it comes down to it I had absolutely no choice but to pick the Xbox One™ version of The Witcher 3: Wild Hunt.

Would of been a better attempt if you would of left the ™ out.

Or do what Ubisoft did and call it the "Xbox One All-in-one Entertainment System".

Chobel

Just ordered it for ps4 with local pick up for next week. Hope there is some proper vids up before I get around to playing it.

Down side I only spent $12 ish on Xbox version but I'm sure I'll get my cupons back and I'll use them on splatoon.

Dude why? Just wait for DF article.

Why are you only talking about features that have nothing to do with The Witcher?

It's fine if these are draws for you, but just because the options are harder to get to doesn't mean they aren't available to Xbox One owners.

I could see the "Ecosystem" argument being a valid point for a game like Destiny, but this is a single player RPG with a vast story and beautiful music. If you'd rather listen to your friends or your own music then that's your choice, but I don't see how that's negatives against the Xbone version in this scenario.

He's being sarcastic.

Fat4all

Banned
Dude why? Just wait for DF article.

Yeah, I don't know why this comparison alone would drive people away from the Xbox version, it looks fine.

I'm sure Digital Foundry will have a better breakdown if it's that important to people.

I'm getting the PS4 version and I was wondering if my PC could handle it, but I'm being cautious. Console versions look fine. I'm happy with them.

He's being sarcastic.

I don't think he is. Or if he is he's done it for 4 straight posts.

kpaadet

Lol are you people seriously jumping down his throat simply because he's choosing to buy the XB1 version over the PS4 version?
If you don't want people respond to what you write on a forum then don't write at all, also I don't remember seeing anyone say they are not allowed to buy whatever version they want. All I see are some odd reasoning for wanting one version over the other being questioned.

Snorlocs

Why? You had (mostly) valid reasons for choosing that version. Plus you got it cheaper?

III-V

I picked the Xbox One version because it is quite simply more dynamic than the other options. All versions of the game have dynamic lighting and weather systems, but only the Xbox One™ version of The Witcher 3: Wild Hunt exclusively features an actively dynamic resolution. On top of that it features a more dynamic framerate than than the PS4 version (though admittedly, the PS4 version features a dynamic framerate as well). I don't know about the rest of you, but in a world that values change and diversity, when it comes down to it I had absolutely no choice but to pick the Xbox One™ version of The Witcher 3: Wild Hunt.

perfect

Xaero Gravity

NEXT LEVEL lame™
If you don't want people respond to what you write on a forum then don't write at all, also I don't remember seeing anyone say they are not allowed to buy whatever version they want. All I see are some odd reasoning for wanting one version over the other being questioned.
Umm, they weren't responding to anything I wrote when I posted that. o_O

Fat4all

Banned
Shhhhhhhh!

If you wish to watch TV or tweet, snapped while playing The Witcher 3, by all means buy the Xbox version.

rtkvae.gif

i didn't trust df all that much before. after that project cars article, they have proven they're doing as much of a guesswork.

xion4360

i didn't trust df all that much before. after that project cars article, they have proven they're doing as much of a guesswork.

you actually read the articles?....they provide good analysis content.. thats all you need from their face offs.

[Call-Me-G];164214970 said:
I hate reading this. If you need DF to notice any difference between the two versions, it means that differences are nanoscopic.

you should know thats not at all true.. some people just cant tell certain things, or they are not looking at it through proper means. There is a difference in blim's comparison that plenty of people would tell you just isnt there. doesnt mean it isnt....its suddenly a lot more obvious to people when there are numbers on screen to represent the framerate.

Xaero Gravity

NEXT LEVEL lame™
I wasn't talking about you per se, it was meant to be about those that will gladly tell others what version they are getting yet don't like it when others question them about it.
But if he has his reasons for his preference who are they to tell him he's wrong?

Anyways, we're derailing this topic. Let's just let them be. :p

Just pre-ordered the Xbox One version. Looks good to my eyes. PS4 may look a bit better though, but the fact is that I wont run both versions at the same time.

you should know thats not at all true.. some people just cant tell certain things, or they are not looking at it through proper means. There is a difference in blim's comparison that plenty of people would tell you just isnt there. doesnt mean it isnt.

If you can't notice something by yourself, why should you be upset by the differences between two versions of a game ?

Seriously?

yes. just read the dev's post in here somewhere doing a rebuttal about the stuff df got wrong in their "analysis".

you actually read the article?....they provide good analysis content.. thats all you need from their face off's.

you should know thats not at all true.. some people just cant tell certain things, or they are not looking at it through proper means. There is a big difference in blim's comparison that plenty of people would tell you just isnt there. doesnt mean it isnt.

they're hit or miss with their articles, especially leadbetter.

Even after they corrected the article, apologized, then did a proper update as soon as they had the retail builds?

if no one called them out on it, they wouldn't have done anything. seems like eurogamer is just capitalizing on the "wars" now. it's not like they just put out an article about an unfinished build, they also got things wrong with their article. that's a double whammy. they could've gotten things wrong in their previous articles but no dev probably gave two shits about it to step up just as slightly mad studio did.

xion4360

[Call-Me-G];164215426 said:
If you can't notice something by yourself, why should you be upset by the differences between two versions of a game ?

you shouldnt, but if you say "await DF verdict" then clearly you are someone who cares and in that case why bug that person about it? and in the end that still doesnt mean that there are no differences just because you cant see them, which is what you were trying to say.

Fat4all

Banned
if no one called them out on it, they wouldn't have done anything. seems like eurogamer is just capitalizing on the "wars" now. it's not like they just put out an article about an unfinished build, they also got things wrong with their article. that's a double whammy. they could've gotten things wrong in their previous articles but no dev probably gave two shits about it to step up just as slightly mad studio did.

... Or they made a mistake and thought Slightly Mad gave them the retail builds?

The "call out" seemed much more like a correction, one they swiftly changed and apologized for.

It's not even possible they were under the impressions they were given retail build?

The Xbox One version looks slightly worse than the PS4's, nothing too important. The framerate, though, is noticeable worse (not that visible in that comparison video, but try comparing this http://www.gamersyde.com/hqstream_the_witcher_3_wild_hunt_gameplay_xb1_v1_01_1-34660_en.html with the PS4 version: http://www.gamersyde.com/hqstream_the_witcher_3_wild_hunt_gameplay_ps4_v1_01_1-34649_en.html).

Fuck resolutions. My TV does not even support 1080p...I wish they offered the option to reduce the resolution to 720p so I could get a smoother experience, which is way more important...

Noobcraft

The Xbox One version looks slightly worse than the PS4's, nothing too important. The framerate, though, is noticeable worse (not that visible in that comparison video, but try comparing this http://www.gamersyde.com/hqstream_the_witcher_3_wild_hunt_gameplay_xb1_v1_01_1-34660_en.html with the PS4 version: http://www.gamersyde.com/hqstream_the_witcher_3_wild_hunt_gameplay_ps4_v1_01_1-34649_en.html).

Fuck resolutions. My TV does not even support 1080p...I wish they offered the option to reduce the resolution to 720p so I could get a smoother experience, which is way more important...
I think you can do a systemwide drop to 720p in the options on both consoles. I wonder if that would change the framerate.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom