• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Witcher 3 Wild Hunt - E3 2014 Trailer - The Sword Of Destiny

This will be my first Witcher game. I am excited.

iCAcrPrPXZOcw.gif

You still have time! Go back and play the first two!

phaze

Not feeling the Yennefer design yet.

Other than that, it was a mind blowing trailer with terrific visuals that I hope my PC will be capable of replicating.

Qassim

Disable the Nvidia work which wasn't developed by CDprojekt but by Nvidida and which requires 4 GTX titan Black Z to run, the game will look like the second one. This feature is the most impressive one and is what made this game look strong, sadly 99,7% of PC players and 100% of console players won't enjoy it (I am sure even CDProjekt can't run it witgh their PCs, they just show it in a video, show gameplay with it enabled and not just one wolf tech demo).

Uh what? Most of what was impressive in that trailer was not the NVIDIA extra stuff - if it was even in the trailer. I didn't notice it on first pass, at least.

Is this a joke?

sjay1994

You should probably go play the 2nd one (at the very least). The Witcher has one of the more complicated & difficult stories to jump into.

They said they made 3 easy for new comers to get into the story.

I've always wanted to play a CDPR game.

Problem was my pc couldn't handle it, and I didn't have a 360.

kanuuna

I'll say it again, the jump in facial animation quality from The Witcher 2 to 3 is really incredible. Characters really show emotion, and it just looks so good - TW2 Triss in action looks like a mannequin in comparison to what's at display here.

spons

Gold Member
Oh wow, I needed justification to upgrade my computer but I don't need more than this. Fantastic.

CDProjekt knows how to make a trailer. I also like how Geralt has the most practical/least over the top armor and he is the protag.

I'm going to need to replay Witcher 2 over the summer. I still haven't tried the GOTY edition with the added content.

LeBart

You know, one part of me keeps thinking that CD Projekt never made a game so ambitious and I don't want to get my hopes too high because who knows if they will deliver on the promise or not... but then another part starts screaming "shut the fuck up and hit the pre-order button right now!"

3bdelilah

Banned
I'm a little less hyped since the story probably got spoiled for me by some teenage Polish shit bag who takes pride in the fact CDPR are Polish (nothing wrong with that of course) but likes to shove it in others throat, spoiling stuff on the way. Any way, what's the chances this game will follow (the exact) story as in the books? Meaning
Gerald will die
? I'm a very, very spoiler sensitive kind of guy and this little something (which does NOT mean you should read it if you don't know) might detract some of the joy.

Any how, looks absolutely stunning (though I still believe they're going to abandon A LOT of their promises for PS4/XBO) and I will definitely buy when I begin my delayed next-gen.

Saskia better be in the game. Witcher 2 spoiler -
I lifted the spell on her in my Witcher 2 playthrough. When things get hairy in Witcher 3, I want a Dragon on my side.

bob page

They said they made 3 easy for new comers to get into the story.

I've always wanted to play a CDPR game.

Problem was my pc couldn't handle it, and I didn't have a 360.

Well if you get a chance to play 2, I HIGHLY recommend it. You'd be missing out on a ton of character development, which is one of the best parts of the series.

Top Bottom