• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Witcher 3 Wild Hunt - E3 2014 Trailer - The Sword Of Destiny

Druz

This game looks absolutely unbelievable. All of those assets in the trailers -- have no idea how the team has accomplished what we might be seeing in a year.

Rainmaker

Banned
I am more excited about this game anything that's been announced. It looks so great. I guess I'm going to buy it for PS4 but when I'm done saving up for a new PC I'll definitely buy it again.

Raptor

Combat in this game looks a hell of a lot more satisfying than its predecessors. You can really feel the weight and impact of the sword swings.

Is the one thing Im the most excited about, the damn gore and how satisfying it looks, that I will base my build in making pure crits and finishers to see that blood pouring and chop off torsos and heads!!

God damn delicious!!

Seeing all the Naughty Dog Uncharted stuff right now, maybe, just maybe, this game will look better on consoles than I expected. I know it's Open World and we definitely won't get the really expensive stuff (Ubersampling and the like), but CDPR definitely aren't chumps when it comes to tech.

Jedi2016

These are also super-compressed livestreams, which kills all the fine detail that makes the real footage look so much better. I'll wait until seeing some direct-feed HQ Gamersyde videos before deciding how the console versions hold up. Personally, I think they'll do surprisingly well.

boskee

Those two employees really don't get along well.

I don't think they know each other well enough. John Mamais seems to pop out whenever CDPR has a presentation in North America, so I think he doesn't work with them on a daily basis. Peter Gelencser on the other hand is a full-time, Warsaw-based dev.

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
Will there be a GPU available to handle ubersampling at launch? Probably not, ey?

Quad-GPU systems could probably squeeze out a playable framerate, assuming the game has decent SLI/crossfire scaling across four GPUs, but for most it'd definitely be out of reach.

I thought that was going to be the xbone version but it turned out to be PC version with xbox controller. I really wonder what the xbone version actually looks and plays like atm.
Microsoft stage demo was the xbone version. It didn't have NVidia's hair/fur physics.

phaze

Just read on their forums that there will be some sort of camera distance options, but they didn't get into details.

Good to hear.

Reading the PcGamer impressions, it looks like there're two dodge moves:

I talked to Gilewski along with The Witcher 3's lead programmer, Grzegorz Mocarski, after the demo. Mocarski added that Geralt now has two different dodge moves. "We're still working on it, but right now you can already see...one is the dodge move, the other is the pirouette," he said. "This time you're having many possibilities for the fights as well. You've got signs, swords, crossbows, bombs, different moves you can use. Not all features will work in all situations. We wanted to give a little more control to the player and make the fight a little more tactical."

danwarb

Seeing all the Naughty Dog Uncharted stuff right now, maybe, just maybe, this game will look better on consoles than I expected. I know it's Open World and we definitely won't get the really expensive stuff (Ubersampling and the like), but CDPR definitely aren't chumps when it comes to tech.
It looked fine on the X1. I played the first 2 games at 60fps, so I'll to go PC again or it'll feel weird.

NateDog

I expected TW2 wouldn't look that good on X360 but too thought it looked superb. I think this will look wonderful on consoles as well as PC. I want to get it on PC so I can actually have a continuing story but alas, I have no PC. PS4 at first but one day I'll finally get to play the first one and do at least one proper run of the trilogy.

erawsd

It looked fine on the X1. I played the first 2 games at 60fps, so I'll to go PC again or it'll feel weird.

Yeah, it will be interesting to see how the PS4 version stacks up just because CDPR has talked about how the PS4 version has been the most difficult for them to develop, since they only have 1 guy thats ever used the Sony SDK.

Sentenza

Yeah, it will be interesting to see how the PS4 version stacks up just because CDPR has talked about how the PS4 version has been the most difficult for them to develop, since they only have 1 guy thats ever used the Sony SDK.
Yeah, well... let's no jump to conclusions here.
one developer, which wasn't even directly involved with coding, expressed his impression that XB1 tools were more comfortable to work on.
That doesn't necessarily imply that the whole studio feels the same way.

Yeah, i didn't know that the stuff from the MS presser was played on an actual X1. And I couldn't tell because of the stream quality. Yeah, I guess console gamers will be just fine. Although PC gamers with a neat rig will probably be in for something really special.

erawsd

Yeah, well... let's no jump to conclusions here.
one developer, which wasn't even directly involved with coding, expressed his impression that XB1 tools were more comfortable to work on.
That doesn't necessarily imply that the whole studio feels the same way.

They've said it twice now, two different people. I'm not saying the PS4 version is in any kind of trouble, I'm sure it'll still be a better version... it'll just be interesting to see if the performance difference is as wide as its been for a lot of other multiplatform games.

i-Lo

They've said it twice now, two different people. I'm not saying the PS4 version is in any kind of trouble, I'm sure it'll still be a better version... it'll just be interesting to see if the performance difference is as wide as its been for a lot of other multiplatform games.

If it turns out to be significantly inferior to xbone version then I will be cancelling my pre-order. Hopefully, things will get sorted by the time they release C2077.

I just finished reading all of the novels and it really hasn't made the wait for TW3 any more bearable.
Have you read Season of Storms yet (released 2013)?
sezon_burz_cover_pl_2t4kpt.jpg

frontovik

Banned
Witcher MOBA? Sorry if it's already being discussed in another thread..

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eCAIOxBS3b4#t=20

http://thewitcher.com/twba

The Witcher Battle Arena is a multiplayer online battle arena (MOBA) game in which players take control of iconic and powerful characters from the Witcher universe.

Fight alone or together with your friends, clash with opponents from all over the world and earn experience and valuable resources. Develop strategies and tactics to best suit your playing style and deploy them on the battlefield to show everyone who’s boss!

Top Bottom