• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Witcher 3 Wild Hunt - E3 2014 Trailer - The Sword Of Destiny

boskee

They have asked him about the IGN demo.. well he is community manager, but so far everything he has posted, was right.. so i have trust in him

He said that yesterday when asked about the Microsoft presentation. IGN demo was today.

Not to mention that fur physics visible in IGN presentation are handled by nvidia HairWorks which is only available on PC. Source

iavi

He said that yesterday when asked about the Microsoft presentation. IGN demo was today.

Not to mention that fur physics visible in IGN presentation are handled by nvidia HairWorks which is only available on PC. Source

Yeah, the hair looks in the IGN presentation is the trailer hair, definitely ain't the MS presentation hair. That's what stuck out to me.

To media blackout or yolo that is the question.

FTF

Yup, this looks amazing. Especially that gamersyde version of the trailer.

Please, please push the PS4 version to do this game justice!

Ok, so the footage was from XboxOne after all..
IXO.jpg

translation: "Was played on the Xbox. Please do not underestimate the power of my favorite console".

If true, explains a lot. I found IGN's demo to be underwhelming.

HeelPower

The Gamespot IGN demos ran on PC not the MS conference version.

The Griffin's head on IGN presentation had different hair tech compared to XB1 presentation.Just look at the Griffin head differences.

Sentenza

Not true, CDPR confirmed that today demos ran on PC.
well, for what is worth, I didn't find it "underwhelming" at all.
In fact, Novigrad impressed me a lot (it's almost hard to believe a proper full-fledged RPG can have both that size and that attention to details at the same time) and the Gamespot demo, while shorter, had its fair share of cool details as well.

Gumbie

The one on IGN had massive screen tearing :/ It still looked gorgeous , however.
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Is there any new combat footage other than the Griffin mission ?

It was really noticeable at the end on the bridge when he started turning the camera.

The conference footage being xbox one would explain a lot, it looked really rough I was afraid the game got a big downgrade.

Watching the pc footage now (at the swamp area), looks really nice, they maintained the color scheme and feel of the witcher 1 swamp really well.
It seems to be tearing like crazy though, or is it a problem on my end?

boskee

Is it me or is Geralt trying to smile? I can't remember him smiling in any of the previous games. I found his interaction with Johnny really well made.

m6JTCvQ.jpg

Toreal

Wow this looks so good and they are saying all the right things!
I for one enjoyed the combat in witcher 2 on higher difficulties, where you had to use potions, bombs and traps or you would get your ass handed to you.
Combat looks more fluid and tactical now and I hope it will still be quite difficult on higher settings.
For a 100 hours rpg I think the facial animations look great! The subtle expressions of Geralt and Jhonny have a lot of emotions in them imo.
I wanna see more but I think I am gonna go media blackout on the witcher 3 now, game of the show for me and my most anticipated game for 2015.

phaze

I thought the facial animation looked good especially on Geralt. It's a night and day compared to their previous effort.

Swamps looked nice though they lacked the wow factor of the previous footage.

ilo8ZEuf1yn7w.gif

I hope we will get the option to use that, closer to Geralt, camera.

Fields of Ard Skellig is the highlight of OST so far.

boskee

I thought the facial animation looked good especially on Geralt. It's a night and day compared to their previous effort.

Swamps looked nice though they lacked the wow factor of the previous footage.

ilo8ZEuf1yn7w.gif

I hope we will get the option to use that, closer to Geralt, camera.

Keep in mind that we don't know what kind of PC & settings it was running on. I am pretty sure that the ultra version still needs optimization so they played it safe and demoed medium settings.

KOCMOHABT

Keep in mind that we don't know what kind of PC & settings it was running on. I am pretty sure that the ultra version still needs optimization so they played it safe and demoed medium settings.

the quality settings do not change the "setting", art style and colors. This must have been a different location on a different time etc. For such a small gif it's probably impossible to tell the difference between medium and ultra anyways.

Game looks superb, sure, but is it fair to say that the animations leave a bit to be desired? Geralt's running animation in particular is quite lacklustre; too weightless.

HRose

Banned
Are people crazy?

You really think that the sequence in the swamp looks better than the walk through the city?

I personally consider that swamp sequence absolutely plausible, it's the sequence in the big city that makes me EXTREMELY skeptical. Not with no loading transitions and so much geometry and characters on screen.

Either that's a PC that costs above $3000 or it's just bullshit.

RVinP

Unconfirmed Member
Are people crazy?

You really think that the sequence in the swamp looks better than the walk through the city?

I personally consider that swamp sequence absolutely plausible, it's the sequence in the big city that makes me EXTREMELY skeptical. Not with no loading transitions and so much geometry and characters on screen.

Either that's a PC that costs above $3000 or it's just bullshit.

Didn't someone at CDPR mention its on Xbox One itself?

HRose

Banned
I am pretty sure that the ultra version still needs optimization so they played it safe and demoed medium settings.

Yeah sure :)

It is known that games run and look much better when you actually have in your hands compared when they are demoed on cheap hardware to the press.

boskee

the quality settings do not change the "setting", art style and colors. This must have been a different location on a different time etc. For such a small gif it's probably impossible to tell the difference between medium and ultra anyways.

Ah, I thought you're referring to graphics quality. I agree that the swamp in the gif looks much more atmospheric.

Top Bottom