• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Witcher 3 Wild Hunt - E3 2014 Trailer - The Sword Of Destiny

Pro

Game looks great, huge open world and I'm really liking where they are heading with the quest system. Make it feel less contrived. Combat looked decent, need to see a little more. There were times it looked a little stilted and others smooth. Regardless, this is Day 1.

Dream Theater fan! Right on.

ced

Maybe I'm crazy but that running animations looks much better than what was shown at MS conference, so maybe that was the actual XBO version they demoed.

Denton

Well that was short, but sufficiently mindblowing.

Dijkstra!

And again they nailed his look 100%!

Novigrad!

And again they nailed its look 100%!

Everything!

And again they nailed it 100%!

Maybe I'm crazy but that running animations looks much better than what was shown at MS conference, so maybe that was the actual XBO version they demoed.

Yeah. I thought running animation looks kinda bad in MS conf.
But here? It looked perfectly fine. Dunno what that is about.

God damn man. I'm probably going to have to skip out on The Order because it's launching so close to Witcher. Holy fuck is Witcher impressing the hell out of me.

Well the world certainly looked beautiful (and they did a great job of capturing Dijkstra's appearance), but I wish they'd shown some combat and a bit more of the quest system. They've got a lot to prove on those fronts after the demo at Microsoft's conference.

erawsd

I just missed it... Was there something new? Gameplay, info, anything?

Not really, they just showed Geralt turning the Wyvern's head in to the quest giver. It showed off Novigrad, which seems huge and packed with details and NPCs. Most impressive is how there is no loading, even moving from the city to the inside of the brothel.

Ceebs

Oh man, I missed it.

Have they discussed how much of the world is actually going to be in the game? Is it going to be all of The Northern Kingdoms? Like the trailer had Kaer Morhen, but that is pretty far north, and the sailing bits are the Skellige Islands which are in the south. If they include everything It will be very awesome just to go and visit all of these places from the novels.

Psoelberg

Not really, they just showed Geralt turning the Wyvern's head in to the quest giver. It showed off Novigrad, which seems huge and packed with details and NPCs. Most impressive is how there is no loading, even moving from the city to the inside of the brothel.

Thanks. I'm really looking forward to this game.

Oh man, I missed it.

Have they discussed how much of the world is actually going to be in the game? Is it going to be all of The Northern Kingdoms? Like the trailer had Kaer Morhen, but that is pretty far north, and the sailing bits are the Skellige Islands which are in the south. If they include everything It will be very awesome just to go and visit all of these places from the novels.
Sounds like Skellige Islands, Temeria and the coast being No Man's Land, and southern Redania being Novigrad. I don't think travel to Kaer Morhen will be seamless since it's so far away from the areas they're focusing on.

boskee

Now that I watch it again, I can't help but notice that horse riding seems off. Especially that mounted NPC in Novigrad who did a quick 90 degree turn on his horse. Also the way horse stops and its idle animation seems unnatural.

Cels

novigrad has four districts: a harbor district, a poor district, a rich district, and....a brothel district

game looks sick.

Top Bottom