• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Witcher 3 Wild Hunt - E3 2014 Trailer - The Sword Of Destiny

Lunar15

Game looks great. Combat looks a little stiff, and I'm not entirely sold on "witcher-vision", but the idea of hunting down these monsters as additional quests is still a huge highlight for me.

Helmholtz

Current PC has a Radeon 7970 but PS4 is on a 70" 4K TV. What do I do?
Hook PC up to TV? :p.
I'm personally playing this on PC. I think playing it on consoles defeats the purpose a little bit, what with this being a graphical showcase and all. I'm sure it will be quite good no matter what platform though.

Pro

Hook you PC to your TV.
If that's not possible, use Steam in-home streaming to stream to a laptop connected to your TV.

This is a possibility. Not putting my tower out in the Living Room though. It'll be interesting to see the comparison reviews when they come out. Hoping the 7970 can handle it but it should.

I'm pretty pleased with how it looks on a console! I was expecting it to look not so great.

Combat and animations look a little janky, but still fun. Mostly the world just looks incredible.

This is a possibility. Not putting my tower out in the Living Room though. It'll be interesting to see the comparison reviews when they come out. Hoping the 7970 can handle it but it should.

I would expect PS4 to be more than reasonable. If you had an nvidia card and wanted the supposed nvidia goodies, then that's another story.

DyczmPv.gif

What is this from? I have a pug, so I must know.

This'll be my first Witcher, and I'm pretty excited. The combat doesn't look that good, though I suppose since Souls arrived on the scene no ARPG has had good combat in comparison. Hope I'm misjudging it or this might be an easy-mode playthrough.

Pro

Imru’ al-Qays;115551186 said:
This'll be my first Witcher, and I'm pretty excited. The combat doesn't look that good, though I suppose since Souls arrived on the scene no ARPG has had good combat in comparison. Hope I'm misjudging it or this might be an easy-mode playthrough.

The Combat in Witcher 2 was done really well (Enhanced Edition) and I expect this will be a large degree better than that even. I'm sure it's going to be great.

Helmholtz

Imru’ al-Qays;115551186 said:
Witcher 2's combat was nothing amazing, but it was totally serviceable. And it was quite challenging in places, even on normal. I suspect if you put it on hard difficulty or something it'll be pretty challenging.
The main attraction with the Witcher games, at least for me, has always been the atmosphere and story. And it looks like this one will be no exception.

Nordicus

Sigh, why does every game have a Detective Mode these days. They could have just put blood clues in the environment, instead of holding R2 to basically see GO HERE.
I don't think it's as easy as that, at least with bloodtrails. Even Witcher 2 had a section like that, and even there, there were multiple signs of battle and bloodied corpses around to misslead you

Kinthalis

Banned
I would expect PS4 to be more than reasonable. If you had an nvidia card and wanted the supposed nvidia goodies, then that's another story.

The PS4 is going to look like ass on a 4K panel. It'll probably 900p or less.

The only thing that'll output to 4K will be your PC. I believe it's possible to stream out to 4K, but I'm not sure how good performance will be, definitley will have to be a wired connection. But even if you can do 1440p, that'll look a heck of a lot better on a 4K panel than 900p.

itxaka

Defeatist
Sigh, why does every game have a Detective Mode these days. They could have just put blood clues in the environment, instead of holding R2 to basically see GO HERE.

You could see the blood on the floor before he activated detective mode so maybe you can track it with no enhancements. Will probably a pain in the ass, but hey.

There was a similar tracking thing in The Witcher 2. The blood was visible to the naked eye if you looked closely but you could use your medallion to highlight it.

hateradio

The Most Dangerous Yes Man
This has to be the best game coming out over the next year or two. I don't think I've seen anything come close.

I need a new PC.

Hazaro

relies on auto-aim
Because games need to sell. Play Hard mode without auto win button if it suits you.
The other hunt was better with this because of a lot of environmental clues, not sure why they didn't show that one instead of this.

ChawlieTheFair

pip pip cheerio you slags!
The combat looks as unremarkable as it was in The Witcher 2.

Oh well! What an underwhelming day.

Yeah combat didn't do much for me either. Looks like there will be less messing around with the targeting BS which is nice, but other than that was not impressed.

phaze

Uhh, has this already happend? Was it shorter than 5 minutes or what?

Going by the official forums, this seems to be an hour break spent on repeats. Witcher will probably air in 40 minutes at 1.00 Pacific or whatever the hell LA time is called.

Edit: Yeah there's an hour and 20 minutes between start of Killer Instinct and start of Witcher. So another 35 minutes. Ed 2: Didn't see your edit :p

Game looks great, huge open world and I'm really liking where they are heading with the quest system. Make it feel less contrived. Combat looked decent, need to see a little more. There were times it looked a little stilted and others smooth. Regardless, this is Day 1.

Top Bottom