• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Witcher 3 Wild Hunt - E3 2014 Trailer - The Sword Of Destiny

POPEGTR

Neo Member
God damn, Geralt looks so badass.

oh yes.

tumblr_n6plgo57U01s9oln7o1_500.gif

All you guys upgrading from 700 series cards make me feel way more justified in moving on from my 670. It had a good run, but Witcher 3 is something I need to have my face melted during.

Also, iTunes says I've listened to The Fields of Ard Skellig (from the pre-order bonus soundtrack tracks) 75 times now :p

EatChildren

Currently polling second in Australia's federal election (first in the Gold Coast), this feral may one day be your Bogan King.
I'm gunning for a 880, but a whole new upgrade could be on the cards. The i5 is a beast and I'm super happy with how my PC is performing with modern games, the 4GB 770 certainly no slouch, but I'm not deluded enough to believe that will last forever. It'll see out the year easy enough, but as more games shift towards next gen exclusivity age should start to show in the old 4 core. Ideally I'll wait until an Intel 8-core CPU hits the market too. Main thing with something like The Witcher 3 I'm worried about is stuttering and asset pop-in. On paper decently optimised open world games should benefit most from additional ram, cores, and so on to help stream in all those asset and environments without choking. PhysX will also come at a massive cost, as always, and I really want to use it.

If the upgrading situation doesn't meet my standard by the time the game is out I might look into getting a cheapo card to dedicate towards PhysX.

I'm gunning for a 880, but a whole new upgrade could be on the cards. The i5 is a beast and I'm super happy with how my PC is performing with modern games, the 4GB 770 certainly no slouch, but I'm not deluded enough to believe that will last forever. It'll see out the year easy enough, but as more games shift towards next gen exclusivity age should start to show in the old 4 core. Ideally I'll wait until an Intel 8-core CPU hits the market too. Main thing with something like The Witcher 3 I'm worried about is stuttering and asset pop-in. On paper decently optimised open world games should benefit most from additional ram, cores, and so on to help stream in all those asset and environments without choking. PhysX will also come at a massive cost, as always, and I really want to use it.

If the upgrading situation doesn't meet my standard by the time the game is out I might look into getting a cheapo card to dedicate towards PhysX.

How much are you willing to spend?

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.

Rumours peg Haswell-E as Intel's introduction point for 8-core desktop CPUs. Coupled with Hyperthreading I imagine a generous overclock would see it last quite a long while.

EatChildren

Currently polling second in Australia's federal election (first in the Gold Coast), this feral may one day be your Bogan King.
How much are you willing to spend?

I got promoted/pay rise at work recently so unless I'm fired/let go (it's possible) come the end of the year I'll probably do an entire AU$2000 overhaul, or do so when the parts I want become available. I don't need a monitor and I can reuse my case. Maybe even reuse the PSU depending on the 800 series and new CPU power requirements.

Rumours peg Haswell-E as Intel's introduction point for 8-core desktop CPUs. Coupled with Hyperthreading I imagine a generous overclock would see it last quite a long while.

Fucking perfect. Cheers dude.

Cyrano

8 physical, hence 16 threads.
Thanks, couldn't find it in the specs initially so I figured I would ask. Hm.. I feel like processing horsepower isn't a question for me, I need to update my dated 7570 and get a new PSU.
The PC components talk is offtopic anyway.
Most topics that go on for a while tend to meander at certain points and then get back to the topic at hand.

There's very few developers who I trust to nail exactly what they promise. CD Projekt is one of them.

The graphics fidelity is impressive, though it didn't make as big of an impression on me as the game's scope. If they get this right, The Witcher 3 will be a juggernaut of the industry.

I got promoted/pay rise at work recently so unless I'm fired/let go (it's possible) come the end of the year I'll probably do an entire AU$2000 overhaul, or do so when the parts I want become available. I don't need a monitor and I can reuse my case. Maybe even reuse the PSU depending on the 800 series and new CPU power requirements.

Fucking perfect. Cheers dude.

I am spending around that much on a new PC as well. You should check out the build your own PC thread and maybe you should wait around the end of June for the new Devils Canyon processors like the 4790k.

Before people throw out their 770s, you should still wait for Nvidia to dump DX10 stuff and optimize their drivers. That is like the biggest thing ever and they still haven't completed it yet.

My 770 4GB should not have too many problems I hope.

Dex815

They changed Triss face so much that it might have well been a different character. In 1 she's like a Barbie character, (you made the right comparison of porcelain dolls but wrong assumption) whereas in TW2 she looks overly masculine. CDP knows not balance.

Are you saying that Klodi Monsoon looks masculine? What is wrong with you?

jett

D-Member
Man I wish I had remembered to buy TW2 when it was on the cheap last week. :/ If I buy it on GOG, do I get a steam code?

DJwest

Damm. Nearly everyone talking about the game im this thread are PC players. I know the series started on PC but I still really hope that the game will be a huge success on PS4 and X1. Come on console gamers, what upcoming game looks better than this ? Get on the Witcher 3 hype train, there is space for everyone !

Owwari

Banned
I need this in my life.
But my PC is already #dead, there's no way it can handle that game, I'm seriously considering a console after a complete generation.

Red

All you guys arguing about how manly Triss looks are reminding me that TW2 remains one of the best goddamn looking games I have ever seen.

And y'all talking about computer upgrades are reminding me my i7 920 and Radeon 5870 are practically geriatric.

So I should have made it clear it was mainly Geralt and Triss I was talking about instead of saying everybody but I digress. In a perfectly acceptable move to make the models more realistic, CDProjekt went to the extreme end and totally changed some of the characters so much so that they don't even look like their previous counterparts.

How does Geralt look better in TW2? In TW1 he has a perfect balance of his Witcher features and human features. Then comes TW2, where CDP amp up the Witcher features without giving any explanation turning him into a horror story antagonist.

They changed Triss face so much that it might have well been a different character. In 1 she's like a Barbie character, (you made the right comparison of porcelain dolls but wrong assumption) whereas in TW2 she looks overly masculine. CDP knows not balance.

Before any of you go into a tirade on "closer to the books" appearance, Geralt is supposed to be a ladies man which his TW1 appearance essentially is while TW2 Triss is closer to how she looks like in the books. So to cut a long story short, this "Desmond-ing" by CDP is crazy weird.

Watching the trailer again, looks like they've toned down some of the TW2 model exaggerations so I guess it's a step in the right direction...

And thats why I wanted you to post actual screens (even if the ones you put where false) so you could see how many people thought you are crazy. I know, opinions and all, but holy shit if you seem to like more protitute npc #57 instead of a well designed character.

All you guys arguing about how manly Triss looks are reminding me that TW2 remains one of the best goddamn looking games I have ever seen.

And y'all talking about computer upgrades are reminding me my i7 920 and Radeon 5870 are practically geriatric.

I saw this culmination of sogood.gif coming a mile away. TW3 is one of the factors in making the switch. I just hope I can run it maxed with 60fps.
http://gpuboss.com/gpus/GeForce-GTX-TITAN-vs-GeForce-GTX-780-Ti

If not... there's always the 8xx series.

Damm. Nearly everyone talking about the game im this thread are PC players. I know the series started on PC but I still really hope that the game will be a huge success on PS4 and X1. Come on console gamers, what upcoming game looks better than this ? Get on the Witcher 3 hype train, there is space for everyone !

I've not yet played a Witcher game but I might jump into the series with this on PS4. But I need to see some significant chunks of gameplay. I'm also worried what they said about it being 5x the size of Skyrim or something ridiculous like that.

Skel1ingt0n

I can't *believe* these lazy developers keep making file sizes so damn large. Btw, how does technology work?
Check-in if you're in the master camp:

Witcher 2 was damn amazing
TeamTriss
You know you're half using this game as an excuse to upgrade your perfectly capable PC

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
I really shouldn't have done this so close to the Summer Sale, even if it was just $24.70. But I'm just too excited.

tw3xfb11.jpg

It's been a long time since I've anticipated a game with such fervour.

EatChildren

I really shouldn't have done this so close to the Summer Sale, even if it was just $24.70. But I'm just too excited.

tw3xfb11.jpg

Will legit buy, thinking physical because I want the art book.

tw3xfb11.jpg

Well, it isn't like the game is going to be in an offer, while we still are 8 months away from release.

Savitar

I'll gladly pay the two hundred it will cost me for the CE with shipping etc to Canada because this is not only one of the few games worth it but the items included are actually worth it.

Zantar

Neo Member

tw3xfb11.jpg

Nice! So tempted to break my rule and preorder it myself, but man am baulking at that price. How did you get it for $24.70?

Jedi2016

In regards to the character models, CDPR have made no bones about the fact that they were heavily limited by the technology of the engine. They made it as best they could with what they had, which also included trying to mold the built-in character models from Aurora Engine into something they could use. That's why Zoltan Chivay looks so fucked up in the first game, it's a mutated human model made to look somewhat dwarfish.

If you compare Geralt's in-game model from TW2 to the concept art from TW1, you'll find they're much closer, a lot closer than the in-game model from TW1 is. They just couldn't make him look like that using the Aurora Engine. Making REDEngine from scratch for TW2 allowed them to revisit all of the characters and actually make them look the way they were supposed to look from the beginning. All they're doing in TW3 is bumping up the resolution and fidelity of the models. This is clearly the design they wanted for these characters.

Top Bottom