• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Witcher 3 Wild Hunt - E3 2014 Trailer - The Sword Of Destiny

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
Nice! So tempted to break my rule and preorder it myself, but man am baulking at that price. How did you get it for $24.70?
How did you get it at that price?

Traders are selling the game for 13 TF2 keys. At current prices this can set you back approximately $31, but plenty of people sell second-hand keys on sites like TF2 Outpost -- the tricky part is finding someone who:

A) Has the statistics to suggest legitimacy (older account, plenty of trades, and so on)
B) Doesn't require a lot of reputation or playtime in TF2
C) Is offering keys at $1.90ea or less ($1.90 being what I paid), and
D) Is online and present

Ikuu

Had his dog run over by Blizzard's CEO
The cheapest you can get it is like $18 if you use a Russian VPN on GOG.com.

CthulhuPL

The hype is real. Last time I had such hype for a game, was before GTA V.

Judging by the response to the trailer, I suggest this for a OT title:

The Witcher 3: Wild Hunt |OT| GAF would propably melt trying to play this.

:)

Zantar

Neo Member
Traders are selling the game for 13 TF2 keys. At current prices this can set you back approximately $31, but plenty of people sell second-hand keys on sites like TF2 Outpost -- the tricky part is finding someone who:

A) Has the statistics to suggest legitimacy (older account, plenty of trades, and so on)
D) Is online and present

Russian traders.

Edit: Beaten

Ah, thanks :)

Denton

I'm sure a GTX 770 (which incidentally is my GPU as well) will be enough to play this game decently. Almost certainly better than the console counterparts.

My "problem" is: I don't think I want to settle for that. If this ends up being as good as it seems to be, I will probably want to enjoy it at its best (with fur, hair and cloth physics, for a start) so I'm already considering the idea of selling my GPU and buying a new one just for this, if that will be what it takes.

I am in the exact same boat. Actually, 6 months ago I replaced my GTX560Ti with 280X. Went for AMD due to more VRAM, Mantle support and lower price.
I am confident TW3 will run well. But I do not want to settle for well. I want it maxed (ok maybe without ubersampling) and more importantly, I want 60fps without drops. I have doubts my, or your, GPU will be able to do that.

That sucks. What sucks even more is that at the moment, there is no GPU powerful enough in affordable price range that I would trust to handle it. I refuse to spend more than 450 dollars on GPU. So I hope nVidia and AMD will introduce some new stuff at decent pricepoints soon.

bbd23

D) Is online and present

I sense someone's game getting revoked.

I will sell my 770 as well and get a decent 20nm Maxwell GPU with hopefully around 8-10Tflops.

You're expecting cards twice as powerful as a 780 TI? Expect them to cost 1k+ then. Mybe AMD will deliver (dem drivers tho).

I'm still torn on whether to get the GOG, Steam, or physical version. They might pull some crap where they give a free GOG copy with the Steam copy like they did with Witcher 2 (but not vice versa even though they can generate as many damn Steam keys as they want). I'd get the physical in a heartbeat if it comes with a GOG code, I need that map.

JaseC

I sense someone's game getting revoked.

Valve only revokes games if they were obtained fraudulently; I did my homework so I think I'll be okay. The vast majority of my Steam purchasing over the past couple of years (which is a lot) has been through traders and the closest I've come to having an issue was when my Space Hulk pre-order wouldn't activate, but Support replaced it with a working one.

Zantar

Neo Member
You're expecting cards twice as powerful as a 780 TI? Expect them to cost 1k+ then. Mybe AMD will deliver (dem drivers tho).

I'm still torn on whether to get the GOG, Steam, or physical version. They might pull some crap where they give a free GOG copy with the Steam copy like they did with Witcher 2 (but not vice versa even though they can generate as many damn Steam keys as they want). I'd get the physical in a heartbeat if it comes with a GOG code, I need that map.

I actually bought TW2 physical (this was before I discovered the magic of steam sales) and ended up getting a free GOG back up copy from them.
I couldn't find an activation code in my box but i sent them an email with a picture of my box/CDs + email address and they were happy to give me a GOG version.

I don't know if they'll do the same for TW3 though.

Red

In regards to the character models, CDPR have made no bones about the fact that they were heavily limited by the technology of the engine. They made it as best they could with what they had, which also included trying to mold the built-in character models from Aurora Engine into something they could use. That's why Zoltan Chivay looks so fucked up in the first game, it's a mutated human model made to look somewhat dwarfish.

If you compare Geralt's in-game model from TW2 to the concept art from TW1, you'll find they're much closer, a lot closer than the in-game model from TW1 is. They just couldn't make him look like that using the Aurora Engine. Making REDEngine from scratch for TW2 allowed them to revisit all of the characters and actually make them look the way they were supposed to look from the beginning. All they're doing in TW3 is bumping up the resolution and fidelity of the models. This is clearly the design they wanted for these characters.
Don't know about you guys, but I played a good chunk of TW1 with a Geralt who looked like this:

GavinUK86

Sorry if this has been asked in this thread constantly but how are the books? Are the English translations any good?

Do you mean the physical books or the online fan translations? Books are fine. Fan jobs are good if you look past the errors. You can usually work out what it means though.

Sorry if this has been asked in this thread constantly but how are the books? Are the English translations any good?

Yea, read the first book in english and it's fine. I'm now reading Sword of Destiny translated by fans before jumping into Blood of Elves (that I already own) and while there are errors in it, it's nothing over the top, they did a fine job.

JaseC

4 example

Do you think a GTX770 with i7 4770K would run TW3 on high settings? (without ubersample of course)

I'd hazard a guess and say that a system that can handle TW2 at max (UberSampling aside) with flying colours will be able to play TW3 satisfactorily, but it really is far too early to be certain -- the game is still more than 9 months away and we don't have system spec recommendations. There's the rumour that the game can be maxed with a 780 Ti at 30~45fps, but since it's a rumour -- and there are literally no other details -- it's practically meaningless.

Wiktor

It's serious WTF why hasn't any american publishing house picked up the books yet. CDP is bassicaly doing their marketing for them.

4 example

Do you think a GTX770 with i7 4770K would run TW3 on high settings? (without ubersample of course)

High or the highest (sans US)? Probably not the hgihest. The GPU arch in the 770 will be three years old by time TW3 launches. Probably not, would be my answer.

Steez

Jesus, CDPR is already offering a ridiculously low price for Witcher 3 and people are still trying to scam the company by purchasing through Russian VPN's and whatnot.

You guys suck.

JaseC

Jesus, CDPR is already offering a ridiculously low price for Witcher 3 and people are still trying to scam the company by purchasing through Russian VPN's and whatnot.

You guys suck.

You could make the argument that using a VPN is "scammy", but if CDPR doesn't want people buying the game from traders on Steam, it has no shortage of options at its disposal to prevent such behaviour. You can't exactly blame people for taking advantage of the fact the game is entirely region-free, something CDPR could have changed before making it available.

Andrea23

The game sure has gotten a graphical overhaul since e3
iTtnCxxHV2Tn0.png

izebZo5BnoA5e.png

Most notably the horrible sharpening filter is gone.

Yep.
It seems that we've some sweet TXAA magic on action, here : ).

Top Bottom