• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Witcher 3: Wild Hunt - Hearts of Stone Review Thread

Hoje0308

Banned
Get off the internet then. Seems like you can't handle it.

Can't wait to play this DLC.

Or maybe people should get out of this thread if they can't stay on topic.

Speaking of which:

Not sure when I'll get to this, but I'm expecting some laughs and great music when I do. Good to see it's will received thus far.

Corpsepyre

Banned
Poor Metal Gear right?

Glad to see this expansion to wash out the disappointment I had with Metal Gear too. I can't wait to play this. New music too? Yeahhhh boyeeee.

Don't bet on it. You never know everyone's going to be crying over how the expansion disappointed them greatly and how it's the worst thing ever created. Won't be surprising.

Nameless

I'll probably save this until the weekend. The way I played the base game it'll be done in 2, maybe 3 sittings.

ironcreed

Banned

giphy.gif

So nice.

Don't bet on it. You never know everyone's going to be crying over how the expansion disappointed them greatly and how it's the worst thing ever created. Won't be surprising.

I'm sure. Nothing is perfect and can please everyone. Im loving how CDPR has treated us as customers though. Tons of free DLC that would have been sold for $.99 from other devs*cough tuxedo suit* and a reasonable priced expansion with another one to follow. Say what you will on their game. But you can't deny they treat their customers well.

Think I'm just gonna buy the expansion pass and start my NG+ alongside Transformers

Last 3 years it's like everything I want comes out in October or November, it's driving me nuts

Corpsepyre

Banned
I'm sure. Nothing is perfect and can please everyone. Im loving how CDPR has treated us as customers though. Tons of free DLC that would have been sold for $.99 from other devs*cough tuxedo suit* and a reasonable priced expansion with another one to follow. Say what you will on their game. But you can't deny they treat their customers well.

Yes, that's true. Amazing company.

Back to point, how does this expansion work? Can we start this separately from the main game or do we need the game installed? Any ideas?

Windam

Scaley member
Yes, that's true. Amazing company.

Back to point, how does this expansion work? Can we start this separately from the main game or do we need the game installed? Any ideas?

You need to have the game installed. You can start it from the main menu where a level-appropriate character will be generated for you, or you can pick up the quest to start the expansion in game using your own character build.

Corpsepyre

Banned
You need to have the game installed. You can start it from the main menu where a level-appropriate character will be generated for you, or you can pick up the quest to start the expansion in game using your own character build.

I've started NG+, and have my character at level 44 or so. Does starting NG+ have any drawbacks, you think?

Karl Hawk

Banned
You must have quite low standards for game play. Good game, but incredibly flawed.

Or he thought that the mechanics were passable and not a huge hindrance to the game.

I sincerely hope you don't turn into Overside 2.0. One foul-mouthed poster with a bitter yet understandable view towards the gaming industry is enough for my lifetime.
sadtriss.png

ironcreed

Banned
You must have quite low standards for game play. Good game, but incredibly flawed.

tumblr_mhnyr45pK51r4zr2vo2_r1_500.gif

Mkay.

Meanwhile, the game must be doing something right in order to be such a critically acclaimed success. But I do respect your opinion, as there are many recent critically acclaimed games that I feel are complete shit. You like what you like and hate what you hate, I suppose.

"Hearts of Stone is, in our opinion, the closest you can come to an ideal expansion in this day and age"

Clearly never touched a Souls content DLC. Glad to see this is worth it though, but it's CDPR so I had no doubt anyways. Only pass i've ever bought without thinking twice.

I found the Souls games expansions insanely lacking, myself, especially Scholar of the First Sin.

Anyways, hype for HEart of Stone. The trailer was nuts. Immortality curses, bruh

Can't wait for this! The Wicther 3 is a massive game with plenty of hours worth of gameplay but it's not enough lol. I'm probably going to breeze through this expansion at an unhealthy rate.

That is how much I paid for it on the Playstation store. Hell of a deal.

I've been waiting to see if the pass goes on sale by Tuesday. If not I'll pick it up at full price(the pass that is). This game has been a tremendous value to me. 246 hours played on $20 I payed for the game 5 months before release.

ghibli99

This reminds me that I still need to play through TW3. It was one of my most anticipated titles earlier this year, but a new job, move, other gaming distractions, etc. have set it to the side. My coworker talks about it a lot, and everything about it sounds like something I will greatly enjoy!

It's not about handling anything. It's fucking annoying is what it is with these random jabs in unrelated threads.
Best thing you or anyone can do is simply not respond to it then.

Karl Hawk

Banned
I did not expect this to review so well, nice! Can't wait for the 2nd expansion.

I dunno why you thought this way. Sure, Witcher 3 had numerous flaws (Including the lackluster Act 3), but it was still an amazing game.

I had no reason to believe that CDPR won't deliver with Hearts of Stone.

Greddleok

Mechanics aren't the only thing in a game.

I'm assuming you meant that since you specifically bolded "played".

Yes exactly. I had a great time with The Witcher 3. Easily one of my GOTYs this year, but it played poorly.

Seems like my post generated a lot of salt. That wasn't intended, just still irritated that they've not bothered fixing the movement yet (even after that one lame attempt).

Don't be so blunt: noted.

I dunno why you thought this way. Sure, Witcher 3 had numerous flaws (Including the lackluster Act 3), but it was still an amazing game.

I had no reason to believe that CDPR won't deliver with Hearts of Stone.

That's something I'm worried about: for me searching for Ciri fit the open world fantastically. After act 3, the open world felt like a chore to be in and would have suited a more linear style game.

Yes exactly. I had a great time with The Witcher 3. Easily one of my GOTYs this year, but it played poorly.

Seems like my post generated a lot of salt. That wasn't intended, just still irritated that they've not bothered fixing the movement yet (even after that one lame attempt).

Don't be so blunt: noted.

It's not salt, or you being blunt. You said something stupid and people called you on it.

Greddleok

It's not salt, or you being blunt. You said something stupid and people called you on it.

Saying a game is good, but flawed because it has awful movement mechanics and pretty weak combat is stupid? OK.

Having opinions differing from the majority is stupid. Noted.

Justified

Too bad WB Games is slacking here in NA. Nothing from any retailer, just CDPR saying "Keep checking with them!". :/

Same, I contacted Amazon, they said they had No info.

WB dropped the ball her in NA. How can no side of the retail not have a clue?

Top Bottom