• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Witcher 3: Wild Hunt |OT2| Wanted to find Ciri, but everything Gwent wrong

Status
Not open for further replies.

CoolOff

I think my plan for a second playthrough will be double-dipping on PC in a year when the expansions are out (currently on PS4), and get a competent rig to play it on.

boskee

How did you get to level 36? I'm at level 21, just went to Skellige last night and completed everything in White Orchard, Velen and Novigrad except for a few quests that require going to Skellige and a few random quests.

I'm at level 34, completed main story (Death March), everything in White Orchard, Most (~70%) of PoI in Velen and Novigrad, minority of PoIs in Skellige and I still have 4 side quests and 1 witcher contract in my quest log + yet to get DLC quests.

Man, does any armor look as good as the one Geralt starts with? Everything thing I've found or crafted so far, he either looks like a jester or overweight lol

Man, does any armor look as good as the one Geralt starts with? Everything thing I've found or crafted so far, he either looks like a jester or overweight lol
YgrWoDZ.jpg

RDreamer

The specific guy in the cage sells 2 cards that you can't get anywhere else, so it's something you'll be stuck with until they patch it. The merchants/innkeeps all take from a set random pool that won't cover everything.

the cards he sells are terrible, too.

Damn, those are probably the ones that I'm missing. I couldn't for the life of me find the key. Searched every bandit around and found nothing.

I'm currently sitting at 14 almost 15, would it be too early to head to Skellige? I wanted to wait till I was leveled enough to handle random encounters etc. I've read some people saying go before but others suggesting waiting till at least 15 because there's some heavy hitting monsters there. For what it's worth I'm dying to go

Coreda

Älg;169679816 said:
One more thing...

For all the flak she gets Yenn is cool in my book. Strong-willed woman who gets shit done where others have failed, not unlike Geralt. Her personality gives me the impression of someone who shoulders a lot at times.

mf.luder

I really need to backpedal here. I was looking for someone to help me out with Gwent because I didn't want to play it since I kept getting my ass kicked but I read something somewhere (maybe here) that said keep at it, since it's random.

Well I kept at it, played with my deck a bit and boom! I love it now and can't get enough. Main story is on hold while I try and complete my gwent collection.

If anyone hasn't played it yet, give it a try and stick with it, you'll be addicted!

Salsa

also I still really don't understand if I have to download the free DLCs from Steam individually

they're there, and I have the option to download them, but I already got stuff like the beards / hairtstyles without doing anything

I finished at 35 and I didn't do any of the horse races and fist fights. Main quest gives a lot of xp

I finished at 35 or 36 but I did all of the fist fights and horse races. I did pretty much everything in the game other than gwent (did the missions, did not collect them all). I even killed that big ol bad archgriffin in Skellige that was like level 48 without cheesing it.

misho8723

Banned
Patch 1.05 for @PlayStation & @Xbox should be arriving tomorrow. Changelog (Source: https://twitter.com/Marcin360/status/613790448990220288)

Patch 1.05 coming soon (PlayStation 4/XBOX ONE) - changelog inside (http://forums.cdprojektred.com/threads/49688-Patch-1-05-coming-soon-(PlayStation-4-XBOX-ONE)-changelog-inside)

The console patch is on its way and it should't be long before it goes LIVE (EDIT: he should be arriving tomorrow).. In the meantime please check the full list of changes and fixes it will introduce.

- Gold will no longer reset beyond 65535
- Fixes lack of interaction with Roche on Oxenfurt Bridge in the quest 'Get Junior'
- Geralt's clothes will no longer be wet after leaving the menu
- The gate in the crypt now works correctly during the quest 'Scavenger Hunt: Viper School Gear'
- Fixes the endless loading screen when fighting the Ice Giant during the quest 'Lord of Undvik'
- Mutagen bonuses will now be saved properly.
- Potion of Clearance will no longer be automatically placed into the quick slot if player runs out of other edibles
- Fixes issue where some skills were not removed properly by Potion of Clearance
- Improves stability in gameplay and the UI

At the same time we are working on another, pretty big update which will bring a large number of amendments to the game. This patch should follow shortly after 1.05 (EDIT: for both PC and consoles - 1.07)

aku:jiki

It one of the many scene changes I noticed from trailers.

Some the scene changes where to hide spoilers I noticed in final game
I like that CDPR respects its fans enough to do that, though it is unfortunate when a scene in the trailer ended up being better than what they put in the game.

Since we're on the subject, I was watching this trailer and I never saw the scene of Geralt and Yen looking devastated (1:56). Is it from the bad ending?

Oh, new DLC was like 10 minutes. :(
But it had
the Monster Avengers with a pushy troll, a hippie godling, a doppler and a werewolf with a Skellige accent
. Clearly one of the best quests.

Finished the game after 129 hours on Death march, and absolutely loved every minute of it!
One of the best games I have played period. Played it on pc (gtx 970, i5-4670k, 16gb ram, SSD)
I got one of the good endings and I am happy with how things turned out after playing all 3 games.
The quests and writing are some of the best in any rpgs I have ever played, not since vampire bloodlines have I been so invested in characters and dialogue.
I had a great time with the combat, I love playing a agile bad ass where 1-3 hits would kill me if not paying attention.

A few minor cons:
Loved the difficulty until lvl 11-13, but after that it became a bit to easy even on DM.
The interface is cumbersome in a few areas, like crafting, shopping, consumables and quest/book items.

Its kinda crazy that after 129 hours all I want to do is start a new game, but I am gonna try to hold out for the rumored new game plus.
What a game, what a game, bravo CD Project red!

Awesome!

Coreda

New quest DLC was sweet
❛◡❛
Knew that guy was suspect when he failed to haggle.

I have a weird glitch that is stopping me from progressing.

I am doing the Count Reuven`s Treasure Quest and Dijkstra will not spawn in the bath house. I am at the point where it says Tell Dijkstra what you learned but he is not there at the yellow marker, its getting on my nerves.

Did anyone have this issue or it is just me?

Kind of lost as to what to do right now. I just finished the introductory area and killed the Griffin. I am level 3 and almost level 4. All the quests I find say level 10 or higher. Only a couple around level 5-7. Am I even in the right place? Is there something I missed?

Thanks

Denton

Great article
http://www.escapistmagazine.com/art...-s-Game-World-Offers-An-Abundance-of-Richness

"I think the real measure would be something like "richness". As in: How much unique, interesting, varied, entertaining content does this game have? It's not something you can assign a number to, but it's the concept we're always dancing around when we're trying to quantify the size of a game. Going by this measure, I'd have to say that the Witcher 3 is the largest single-player game I've ever played."

Since we're on the subject, I was watching this trailer and I never saw the scene of Geralt and Yen looking devastated (1:56). Is it from the bad ending?

No IIRC that is from after
Kaer Morhen battle, after Vesemir..

Grewitch

HELP!

I've just recently started playing, can anyone tell me where the Herbalist is in White Orchard? I've checked all the houses and surrounding areas...I think it's right in front of my face but for the life of me, I can't find her.

I found the tree with her notice, I've heard people mention her, but where is she??

Thanks for your help!

Denton

HELP!

I've just recently started playing, can anyone tell me where the Herbalist is in White Orchard? I've checked all the houses and surrounding areas...I think it's right in front of my face but for the life of me, I can't find her.

I found the tree with her notice, I've heard people mention her, but where is she??

Thanks for your help!

She is a very lovely lady in a shack west of the main village.

Hystzen

Kind of lost as to what to do right now. I just finished the introductory area and killed the Griffin. I am level 3 and almost level 4. All the quests I find say level 10 or higher. Only a couple around level 5-7. Am I even in the right place? Is there something I missed?

Thanks

Most quests are higher at start

rule of thumb, If writing in RED KEEP AWAY, If writing in GREEN you can do it

CDPR really should give us NG+.
With all the level 40+ gears, it's almost impossible to reach that level at the vanilla game. Has anyone reached level 40 yet?

Hystzen

All right, will give it a shot. I guess being a little under leveled isn't that big of a penalty?

If you stick to main quests you be pumped up in no time and it easy to overlevel yourself. Just explore and keep an eye out on enemies if it has a skull keep away. You can take down high level monsters with patience and clever use of signs, oils and bombs.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom