• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Wonderful 101 - 60 fps Trailer

Currygan

at last, for christ's sake
What exactly is the meat of this game? I understand the gameplay, but is there anything deeper than what's shown? The game looks great, but pretty damn shallow from what has been shown.

we basically know zero about it besides the fact you ensemble a group of citizens with group powers to defeat huge robots. Next months should be interesting

Dayum, looks very cool. I haven't been following this game at all - any good gameplay previews out there to find out what the heck the game is?

I'm looking for a good excuse to buy a Wii U...

Chamber

love on your sleeve
we basically know zero about it besides the fact you ensemble a group of citizens with group powers to defeat huge robots. Next months should be interesting

Yeah, for a game that's supposed to be out relatively soon, it's surprising how little we actually know about it.

marc^o^

Nintendo's Pro Bono PR Firm
Marco, I like you. Please don't start spouting crazy things about game development you know nothing about.
Thanks, I've observed this effect in Pikmin/Nintendo Land with the shiny capsules. If it's not shaders then what is it?

true Gek

The game made me sick... I think that are the 60 fps :S

Well I have to admit that it's very interesting but I still don't like the art style!

R

Retro_

Unconfirmed Member
It's not that soon. It's supposed to be out around March.

Well truly we don't even know that much.

People just assumed March since that's when Nintendo's definition of launch window ends.

I don't think it's coming out in March

Makonero

What exactly is the meat of this game? I understand the gameplay, but is there anything deeper than what's shown? The game looks great, but pretty damn shallow from what has been shown.

This is my question. Are there exploration moments? Or is battle-to-battle? Does it consist of just boss battles, or are there other things to fight?

Mediocre developer (imo) + Nintendo's leadership = instant win

It's happened so many times before. Now it's about to happen again. All hail the Wonderful 101!

wat.

You may like them. You may dislike them. I utterly fail to see how Platinum could be considered to be "mediocre".

Vazra

irresponsible vagina leak
Mediocre developer (imo) + Nintendo's leadership = instant win

It's happened so many times before. Now it's about to happen again. All hail the Wonderful 101!

image.php

Dont judge when you have that avatar. Just saying...

R

Retro_

Unconfirmed Member
Everyone gets baited in every Platinum thread

Everytime

This is my question. Are there exploration moments? Or is battle-to-battle? Does it consist of just boss battles, or are there other things to fight?

12 Minute Demo from E3

It's a unique action game from Hideki Kamiya that seems to focus on large scale enemies and large scale destruction along with all sorts of group actions in combat and for traversal. What more do you need to know? BUY BUY BUY

It also looks extremely clean and pops visually. A lot of character in the art.

EDIT: ^^^^^ Beaten by milliseconds

Instro

I really like how they are building the environments in this game. It's polygon heavy instead of relying on textures, and combined with the lighting it makes for a very clean look and helps all the colors and objects pop out I think. It makes the environments seem a lot more detailed. A pretty unique visual style I think.

Amir0x

Banned
This game was very fun at NYCC, it is one of the few Wii U games I'm currently really anticipating

Bayonetta 2
The Wonderful 101
Pikmin 3

Seems Platinum is Wii U savior ;)

ThankeeSai

Loving the look of this.

Also loving the fact that they've totally de- cluttered the screen, unless of course that was just for trailer purposes?

YAWN

Ask me which Shakespeare novel is best
I need this. Too bad Europe gets it after the launch window... ugh.

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
I do hope that Nintendo announces some new titles before this comes out. Right now, it's the only reason I want to buy a WiiU, but I'm not buying a new system over one game.

Ridley327

does it have epic set pieces

Well, the normal part of the demo ends with you running through the city while it is ripping itself apart. Also, the boss fight is a giant evil robot that's doing said destruction to the city, with the heroes fighting on top of it.

rjc571

Banned
The only thing that can stop this game from being great is if it's littered with horrible QTEs, like Bayonetta.

Top Bottom