• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Zero Punctuation Thread

NotWii

Banned
watkinzez said:
I like Michael Giacchino's soundtrack.
Me too, I love his work in MOH:AA and COD1, he also did The Incredibles and Ratatouille's soundtracks.

One of my main motivations for playing this game is to listen to his soundtrack.

snaildog

from his page said:
Isn't patriotism a strange thing? I agree with the point Richard Dawkins made once that patriotism is the kissing cousin to religious fundamentalism. Both demand that the practitioner blindly trumpet the superiority of one mode of thinking above all others for no rational reason. And both also discourage questioning the truth of the facts offered because such a thing is somehow morally wrong. I bring this up because I reviewed Medal of Honor: Airborne and some people seem to have taken it all as a personal disservice to the randomly-chosen land mass upon which they first gained consciousness in this lifetime.
Haha, looks like he pissed a few people off. I hate patriotism too; in other countries we call it arrogance. Good on him.

Gowans

The fact he's getting shit is making this even more epic, this was the best one yet.

The policital inferences also mirror my experiences of the international community's thoughts of war & its media, some people need to really open their view to the rest of the world & history.

And after only playing the demo he manages with humor to sum up all the other shitty WW2 FPSs I've played :lol

GhaleonQ

Gowans007 said:
The fact he's getting shit is making this even more epic, this was the best one yet.

The policital inferences also mirror my experiences of the international community's thoughts of war & its media, some people need to really open their view to the rest of the world & history.

*rolls eyes* Oh, come now. He makes really great adventure games, comic strips, and flash videos. He doesn't actually know anything about bureaucratic interaction, international relations, or how demographics affect politics. Let's not go overboard, here.

Bowen_B

Banned
Yahtzee has lost it, totally not funny anymore!
How dare he insult Nintendo, he wouldn't do this to M$ or $ony!! Fucking biased loser needs to stop hating on Nintendo!

His editors wouldn't let him hate on MS because of all the money hats, so instead he has to pick on the little guy! I wish people would stop hating on Nintendo and being allowed to get away with it because they're from Japan!

tanod

when is my burrito
Bowen_B said:
How dare he insult Nintendo, he wouldn't do this to M$ or $ony!! Fucking biased loser needs to stop hating on Nintendo!

His editors wouldn't let him hate on MS because of all the money hats, so instead he has to pick on the little guy! I wish people would stop hating on Nintendo and being allowed to get away with it because they're from Japan!

This better be a joke post. :lol

Bliddo

"Sometimes I like to name Link "I Say" because it makes all others characters talk like Foghorn Leghorn"
:lol :lol :lol

Haunted

I didn't know Yahtzee had a DS. :eek:

Good episode. Decidedly weaker than last week's, but it'll be really hard to top that one anyway. :p

edit: oh, and Hero Quest was an amazing board game. So many hours spent playing.

edit²: Yes, the Okami reference was the best part. :lol

Lostconfused said:
The best part was okami, because the game looks insanely moronic when he suggests it.

when I saw make the main character a dog, I was like "where is he going with this?" then I slowly realized.

Creamium

shut uuuuuuuuuuuuuuup
That one was, without a doubt, the very best one yet. Especially because I agreed with practically every complaint he had about the game. Nail on the head. This guy keeps getting better each week

Bowen_B

Banned
Wii said:
Only about the Phantom Dungeon and nothing else.
QFT!
Me and you are on exactly the same wavelength!
Bowen_B said:

Salmonax

I'm playing through PH now and he pretty much nailed it. :lol

On the plus side, the fact that every return to the Ocean Temple causes me to put the game down has somewhat extended the game's lifespan for me.

Creamium

shut uuuuuuuuuuuuuuup
Salmonax said:
On the plus side, the fact that every return to the Ocean Temple causes me to put the game down has somewhat extended the game's lifespan for me.

Yeah... The lifespan of the game is almost a month now for me

Bowen_B said:
How dare he insult Nintendo, he wouldn't do this to M$ or $ony!! Fucking biased loser needs to stop hating on Nintendo!!
Joke post or total moron.

Bowen_B said:
Little guy? What planet do you live on?

firex

it was great how he made fun of Zelda and Okami at the end. and in general just great at making fun of how same-y Zelda's become, which is why I didn't care about Phantom Hourglass that much.

Sqorgar

Banned
While the review was funny and scathing as usual, I have to mark it down for making retarded points. For instance, if Valve did release a new Half-Life game that played exactly like the previous one with a new fancy gun and better graphics, everybody would instantly buy the game and proclaim it Game of the Year. In fact, that's exactly what happened, except instead of shooting lemons, it shoots gravity.

Also, complaining about a lack of story in a Zelda game is like complaining about a lack of explosions in Little Women.

Vicious

Returning to the ocean temple isn't that bad, because everytime you return you have a new item that allows you to skip huge parts that you already did.

Great review, though.

Shard

XBLAnnoyance
Still liked the MoH review better, but this one is indeed quite accurate and funny as well. I want him to review Hellgate: London next.

Haunted

Sqorgar said:
While the review was funny and scathing as usual, I have to mark it down for making retarded points. For instance, if Valve did release a new Half-Life game that played exactly like the previous one with a new fancy gun and better graphics, everybody would instantly buy the game and proclaim it Game of the Year. In fact, that's exactly what happened, except instead of shooting lemons, it shoots gravity.
>_< Now please tell me that's a joke post.

Sqorgar said:

True enough. I actually expected him to make a joke like that, but alas no. Oh well half life 2 is still probably more of a change then the zelda games.

Crushed

Fry Daddy
Sqorgar said:
wat

Sqorgar said:
It is a lot more than that. I've been playing HL2 and it has all the new vehicles plus the physics puzzles.

And HL has 2 main games . . . . Zelda has been going on for some two decades now.

Hilarious specially at the stealth sequences bit and the Valve part was a joke as well, I'm pretty sure he was taking small a jab at Half-Life Source.

Durante

I love Zero Punctuation. In fact it's the only videogame-related content on the internet worth following (except GAF).

Shard

XBLAnnoyance
Oh, special props for mentioning Hero's Quest in the review. Also, I guess Yahtzee got nailed about the evil doom looking flak towers.

I'm starting to wonder if this guy actually is me. I mean I've never had a game reviewer match my opinions pretty much 100% every time. All of his complaints about this game are accurate and are why I haven't finished it yet. I can't wait to see his SMG review.

Top Bottom