• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Theatrhythm FF : Curtain Call releasing Sept 16 (NA) / 19 (EU) - CEs detailed

Boogiepop

5 cards, a pouch, and a 20 track "best of" CD isn't worth doubling the price for me (and apparently dealing with a crap retailer), so I just placed a preorder from Amazon for the LE instead. Getting the 5 track remix CD sounds like a nice bonus to me, and probably would've been the most tempting part of the CE anyway.

L~A

US Boxarts :

us11nppif.jpg

Not the special edition 3DS XL, but I'll take it (taking about the Collector's Edition of course)

Only previous thing I've ordered from the SE store was FF OSTs back in 2012 and I didn't have any problems at all (don't remember if Digital River was involved)

J

Jotamide

Unconfirmed Member
Sticking to the regular edition this time. Even if the first Theatrhythm is my favorite game on the 3DS, there's no way I'm paying $82 USD for a 20-track CD.

Ala Alba

Sticking to the regular edition this time. Even if the first Theatrhythm is my favorite game on the 3DS, there's no way I'm paying $82 USD for a 20-track CD.

The original game allowed you to listen to music in-game while the 3DS is closed, so that will be good enough for me, I think. Gotta have the digital version of this.

55€ with free shipping in France for the collector is quite good. Don't really want the pouch or the soundtrack but I want to support this game. We are getting so few rhythm games I don't really mind paying full price for a very good one.

Would love the CE but my bank blocks Digital River purchases as it's flagged as a blocked site. Tbh I don't know if I'd even want to deal with them again anyway.

Ok, I have preordered the collector's edition. This is my most favorite series ever, I will regret it completely if I don't get it.
Come on September!!!

Narroo

This would be awesome if the characters weren't so creepy looking. The rhythm game from the demo was a bit lack luster as well....

To bad this doesn't play like that indie game "Sequence." That would have been perfect for Final Fantasy.

After the shipping that LE is gonna cost $80. Fuck that.

It really irks me people do not understand the difference between "Limited Edition" and "Collector's Edition". LE does not cost you any more money, but you have to pre-order it to get it most of the time. What you are talking about is the CE. The next LE is probably KH 2.5 Remix from what I remember.

AngryKirby

Neo Member
EU store is actually okay, they even use DPD next day deliveries instead of using *shudders* Yodel...

I'm considering preordering the CE from the European store. However, since the store is IP locked, I'd have to ask someone living in the UK (I say UK because my forwarding address is in the UK) to do it for me.

Does the SQEX store ever use Yodel? Or is it always DPD next day for free shipping?

Jeels

Word on the street was this was going to be a July release. Surprised its not. Would have expected September for KH2.5.

I like the LE but 30 extra isn't worth it. For anyone that has the jp version, are those cards important?

Curler

Unconfirmed Member
Bumping this thread as a reminder that the CE *should* be shipping out in the next few days (and thus we can all wait together with our fingers crossed that DR won't screw up on our orders yet again).

I'm estimating a Wednes/Thurs ship date, as most of my SE CEs have been coming in on the Mon or Tues of release.

Curler

Unconfirmed Member
Well, looks like shipping is confirmed and tracking number is given for my copy... although just like any other DR tracking numbers, they don't seem to work for a few days (aka they probably hit the "shipped" button before actually doing it, like many eBayers do).

My CE arrived already! Much to the surprise of my friend, who placed the order for me, it was delivered early this afternoon and we were expecting maybe a delivery on Monday! I won't play this until Tuesday (since I won't be able to register the code until then anyway and possibly transfer my demo data).

imagejpg1.jpg

imagejpg3.jpg

imagejpg4.jpg

imagejpg5.jpg

imagejpg6.jpg

imagejpg2.jpg

BocoDragon

or, How I Learned to Stop Worrying and Realize This Assgrab is Delicious
Ugh. The Square Enix store could not possibly be a bigger bummer. The overpriced LE is one thing, but then it gives you expensive and slow shipping options to Canada. And then customs will probably hit ya up for more at the border. It's $100+ when it's all said and done.

But I like having Collector's Editions of FF games >< it wouldn't sting so much if it were actually a $100 LE with a package worth it, and the money going to SE, but it's mostly money flushed directly down the toilet because Digital River is a giant piece of shit.

ZeroX03

Banned
God I keep forgetting about this game, I can't believe it's already here. Just checked stock and there's no more Collector's Editions, just overpriced LEs. Think I'll just order a regular one, it seems a bit cheaper than regular 3DS games too.

Zhao_Yun

My regular edition was shipped from VG+ to my place in Germany. I hope it will arrive next week! Anyone knows why there is no OT yet?

My regular edition was shipped from VG+ to my place in Germany. I hope it will arrive next week! Anyone knows why there is no OT yet?
There isn't?

Well I'll put this here. The NOE website has an interview about the game
http://www.nintendo.co.uk/Games/Nin...-FANTASY-CURTAIN-CALL--914385.html#Interviews
NoE: This is a sequel to the original THEATRHYTHM FINAL FANTASY. Would a fan want to play THEATRHYTHM FINAL FANTASY first and then move onto this game?

IH: You can start playing from this title; there’d be no problem if you picked this game up and went straight into it. When we started developing the first game in the series, the original THEATRHYTHM FINAL FANTASY, we weren’t really sure how we should go about making a Final Fantasy rhythm game, or what people would want to see from that. So we really had to do a lot of trial and error and experimentation to see what would work and what wouldn’t. In a way, the first game was a bit of a test!

Certainly when it came to making THEATRHYTHM FINAL FANTASY CURTAIN CALL, we had more confidence in what we were doing, and we thought, “Okay, we’ll put in as much as we can!”, and try to make it as big and as broad and as complete an experience as possible. So we’ve added in songs from the spin-off titles. We’ve got 221 tracks in there – in almost any other rhythm game, you’d never see that much music! It really is very packed through and through.
Well at least that is one test passed.

So I was shocked that not only was my order of the CE going to arrive on time via Digital River but it was going to arrive early. Could it be that I finally had an experience with Digital River that didn't end up playing out exactly how there reputation would have you believe it would?

Could it be?

Nope.

Box was totally crushed when i took it out of the packaging. I wish I wasn't such a sucker for keeping my rpg collection as full as possible with these damn online store exclusives.

So I was shocked that not only was my order of the CE going to arrive on time via Digital River but it was going to arrive early. Could it be that I finally had an experience with Digital River that didn't end up playing out exactly how there reputation would have you believe it would?

Could it be?

Nope.

Box was totally crushed when i took it out of the packaging. I wish I wasn't such a sucker for keeping my rpg collection as full as possible with these damn online store exclusives.

that sucks man.

mine came in super pristine condition, no dents or creases (even the corners look good). to my surprise, the packaging held up quite well.

for reference, here's mine:

that sucks man.

mine came in super pristine condition, no dents or creases (even the corners look good). to my surprise, the packaging held up quite well.

for reference, here's mine:

Yeah I have always had extra poor luck with digital river for some reason, but this is the first online order I have ever had that came in damaged so I suppose I could consider myself lucky overall.

Oh well at least none of the contents inside were damaged and it was only the box.

Marow

I told myself I wasn't going to get this as I had played the first one so much and this was more of an expansion than anything.

Then I played the demo and it rekindled my love.

Now I'm doing my best to avoid an impulse purchase.

Theatrhythm is great. How are the Event songs this time around? I found them very annoying in the first game, as not only did they feel choppier - the marker also changed speed all the time.

ZeroX03

Banned
I told myself I wasn't going to get this as I had played the first one so much and this was more of an expansion than anything.

Why'd you think of it as an expansion? It's got three times the songs, twice if you bought all the DLC.. Music games rarely shake up the gameplay too hard (though button controls are a godsend), it's all about the tracklist and this one has it in spades.

Do it. Impulse buy.

Stuart444

I was wondering how long it would take someone to mention there being no OT. I would have put one up sooner (when I saw the guy who claimed it got banned) but would prefer to leave it to others who can do it better than I would.

Anyway, waiting on the SE EU store to send my CE out. Can't wait :D. I've played the demo around 5 times now based on the counter last time I booted up the demo.

Marow

Why'd you think of it as an expansion? It's got three times the songs, twice if you bought all the DLC.. Music games rarely shake up the gameplay too hard (though button controls are a godsend), it's all about the tracklist and this one has it in spades.

Do it. Impulse buy.
I'm actually not quite sure myself! Perhaps because it includes the old songs (it seems, at least) and generally looks the same just with more content? Still. That's a good thing.

A bit disappointing the game still has DLC. Hoped this would be a "GOTY" version, heh.

daydream

Banned
Can anyone confirm if amazon.de ever had any CEs up for preorder? I signed up for email notification, like, two or three weeks ago so I'm trying to find out if they ever had any and I was just too late.

suzu

What's a good OT subtitle? lol

I've come up with a banner and some basic information to get it started.

Top Bottom