• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

There are 720 Pokémon, but who's your Number 1?

emolga.jpg

For cutes

250px-466Electivire.png

For cools

D

Deleted member 231381

Unconfirmed Member
I'm glad to see so many Sandslash fans. Dude is my #2 man, but the main player himself has always got to be:

snorlax__by_twistedfevercomics-d5a86pv.png

Arkeband

Banned
Some of these newer gen designs are just fucking god awful.

Whatever that blue Lapras looking thing was on the other page looks like something a third grader would doodle.

I say this while hypocritically accepting Diglett, because he's classic.

Griss

Impossible for me to pick just one so I'll just say that while every gen has had some shitmon, the overall ratio of amazing desgins to poor ones is just insanely high for a series that has been around this long with so many monsters.

For over half the posts in this thread I'm like - Yeah! That's the one!

Crayolan

Some of these newer gen designs are just fucking god awful.

Whatever that blue Lapras looking thing was on the other page looks like something a third grader would doodle.

I say this while hypocritically accepting Diglett, because he's classic.

Lapras is from gen 1.

Edit: think I misread your post. Still not sure what you're referring to.

plainr_

Pikachu.

I gameshark Pikachu as my starter pokemon.

Yes, even in B/W 2. I would do it for the newer games if cheating was possible on the 3DS.

Dr. Buni

Delphox is my favorite Pokémon. Before Gen 6, I didn't really have a favorite, but when Delphox was leaked back in 2013, it instantly clicked with me.

Oddly, I haven't seen much Chansey love. Do you guys not like Chansey?

anpad_chansey___throwing_eggs_by_k_hots-d5nq14k.png

Such a happy Pokemon with a classic design. They've tried changing it (Blissey and Happiny aren't as good) and replicating it (Audino lol) but none come close to the original. I'm pretty sure they made the eviolite just so people could use Chansey again lol. I think we'd have a Mega Chansey already if it wouldn't have to be Mega Blissey instead, and Blissey just isn't as cool. Plus it can fly with its weird head things or something in Stadium.

DigtialT

157hgss.png

He just looks really cool. He's also the final form of cyndaquil, one of the few pokemon whose evolotions didn't follow the pattern of cute>awkward>cool.

Edit: Felt incomplete without adding this one.
200px-Sugimori_059.png

He also just looks cool.

xPixels

Neo Member
latest

MissingNo. Technically a pokemon, especially if we're going by the RBY/GS hex table theory. Didn't play nice with the other pokemon in my PC though...

But if that's just gonna provoke-you-mon, then I guess this majestic son of a gun:

ampharos_by_jhallpokemon-d3ascdk.jpg

(Ampharos)

Mistake

Yeah I like bulbasaur too, he's my gen 1 starter and #001. But Bellsprout is amazing lol.
I remember the kung-fu bellsprout episode (not sure if the same one in the gif) which was funny. Pikachu tried to box it as a callback to when ash had a primape, and then Ash said screw it and had Muk do a body slam lol. My favorites would have to Gengar and Ninetales. Both can steal your soul and do bunch of other things. Too bad Ninetales in the game is really weak.

Cathcart

Last year I was making fun of the Pokemon games because they've made so many at this point that they have to be running out of names for these things. I picked one at random from near the end of the Pokedex and got Pumpkaboo. I was like c'mon, Pumpkaboo? That name is ridiculous. Then I said it a few more times. Then I was like, actually, that's kinda the best name ever.

So now Pumpkaboo is ma boy. Look at this dude. I don't know what he does, don't care. He's Pumpkaboo. Nobody else is Pumpkaboo, so Pumpkaboo wins.

250px-710Pumpkaboo.png

manfestival

250px-144Articuno.png

This has always been my favorite. Every generation I try to find a way to sneak one in my team if possible.

Infernape gets an honorable mention.

Teuoxton

Venusaur. My first Pokemon could wreck the League on his own.

He was born in June 1996 in an Atomic Purple GBC. I traded him up through every gen since so he could live on, jacked him up on nutrients and steamrolled Pokemon Stadium with the guy.

He spent years as my little brothers secret weapon too. All his bretheren had been wiped from Blue cuz the save battery died, but he lived.

Top Bottom