• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

There are 720 Pokémon, but who's your Number 1?

Raven77

I think my main problem with the last 2 Pokemon main entry games is that the Pokemon have evolved (no pun intended) from looking mostly like something that could appear in nature (I know, even Gen 1, etc. had some non-natural looking Poke's) to something that looks like a animal-robot.

That being said, here is my number one, by far:

250px-231Phanpy.png

792756sxq38.jpg

Gardevoir was my weapon of choice in the original Ruby/Sapphire, which was the last main entry I played. Probably my favourite overall design, plus it gets bonus points for its bravery / loyalty. There's something undeniably awesome about the mental image of one creating a goddamn black hole to protect its trainer.

I think my main problem with the last 2 Pokemon main entry games is that the Pokemon have evolved (no pun intended) from looking mostly like something that could appear in nature (I know, even Gen 1, etc. had some non-natural looking Poke's) to something that looks like a animal-robot.

That being said, here is my number one, by far:

250px-231Phanpy.png

He wins cutest award that's for sure

Adaren

bellossom.jpg

Always had a soft spot for Bellossom for some reason. I think it has something to do with her being such a tiny evolution...

KTS2448

250px-050Diglett.png

This guy. He was always my go to pokemon for beating surge in Red/Blue/Green/Yellow.

Too bad he isn't all that popular. But the mystery. What does the other half of Diglett look like?

Xion_Stellar

People should stop referencing data that makes me feel uncomfortable because games get ported to platforms I don't like
My #1

Scizor:
scizor.jpg

My other 3 top pick

Altaria:
altaria.jpg

Aegislash:
aegislash-blade.jpg

Gardevoir:
250px-282Gardevoir.png

SolVanderlyn

Thanos acquires the fully powered Infinity Gauntlet in The Avengers: Infinity War, but loses when all the superheroes team up together to stop him.
Charizard was the most coveted Pokemon card back in the day. He had 120 HP. NOBODY else had that much HP.

th

So he gets bonus points for that. Also for the coolest shiny and mega designs.

This is my third answer in the thread, but there are so many variables. Coolest? Cutest? Novelty appeal? Ahhhhh! How is anyone supposed to choose just one?

Umbreon. My favorite mostly due to the fact of how cool the sprite looks, but also how useful it is to me in battle. It's such a tank and it has cool attacks that I love.

Boogiepop

197Umbreon_BW_anime.png

Always my favorite. For three others that are way up there but haven't been mentioned (otherwise Scizor, Mawile, and Jirachi may very well be getting posted here)

crustle.jpg

galvantula.jpg

250px-693Clawitzer.png

Was also really tempted to post Hydreigon, but honestly there's so many I love that I could just keep going and going.

Celtic

Neo Member
Mother.

F***in'

TURTWIG.

turtwig_art_by_pokemon_diamond.png

I mean, come on guys. He's a turtle. With a twig on his head. That shit's adorable.

On top of that? He becomes this badass:

389Torterra_DP_anime.png

Mista Koo

As a companion:

HbME2E8.jpg

Jigglypuff. So adorable and fluffy <3

As a weapon:

kg5drQT.jpg

Luxray. Been waiting for a cool 3rd stage electric Pokemon since first gen.

Iokis

As an unashamed Gen 2 fanboy Scizor is also my main man (shout outs to the other Scizor lovers in the thread), he's always in my party when I can get my hands on him

250px-212Scizor.png

But a big honourable mention to my second favourite gen with this badass (although I admit it's taken till now with her getting a Mega and Fairy typing to become really fun to use)

250px-303Mawile.png

JoeM86

251.png

Goes without saying.

Though competitively, Malamar has been climbing up my awesome ranks. Been using it since XY and it has turned the tide of many a battle.

tumblr_morgwumwH51sord4so1_500.gif
12806478600080.gif

Note: Yes I know the last one is actually Zorua. Shush :p

Top Bottom