• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

These Fine Upstanding NFL Fans Give Up Their Passion. With Fire.

Status
Not open for further replies.

legacyzero

Banned

joe2187

Banned
You already bought it fool, burning it means jack shit. They got your money and you burned any chance at refunds or reslling the tix.

Buncha damn morons.

RinsFury

Idiots burning their own money, I'm sure the NFL cares what you do with those already paid for tickets and merch LMAO.

You've already got my money, let me go ahead and burn the product instead of reselling it and trying to recoup my investment. Good job you symbol-minded fuckwits.

How about trump and his pal Vince revive the XFL, make it so everyone has to cover their hearts, stand during the anthem while waving the confederate flag while throwing tomatoes at minorities.

Then all the shitty fans can migrate to the XFL and leave us the duck alone.

Sephzilla

Just a reminder. According to US flag code this is disrespectful to the flag

Pre-game_at_Browns_Stadium.jpg

and this is not

RTS1DKFP.jpg

Lunar15

What's funny to me is that the escalation of all this really highlights how the NFL has become such a weird channel for nationalism.

The people burning their season tickets, while still fucking morons, know what they're doing. They're just doing it to get their racist cred up. Burning hard tickets means jack shit when you still have your fucking online tickets you can download. Fool will be attending games all season.

Krakatoa

The first video link the guy says Trump one the majority of votes. I think he needs to stop reading fake news sites.

The people burning their season tickets, while still fucking morons, know what they're doing. They're just doing it to get their racist cred up. Burning hard tickets means jack shit when you still have your fucking online tickets you can download. Fool will be attending games all season.

More likely selling them at a profit.

Socivol

You can tell they have never protested anything in their lives. They already have your money your protest means nothing to them since you've already paid them.

VariantX

Let them. Let them not watch the games. Let them burn their tickets. All they're doing is running away every time minorities assert their dignity in some way form of fashion. Every single time they are made to feel uncomfortable. Minorities feel that shit all the time in america.

And like said above, they'll be watching the games anyway in a few weeks.

mreddie

LOL, isn't this what happened when LeBron left Cleveland, they burned jersey and when he came back, the jersey burners came back?

Yeah, these people are coming back when their teams are in the playoffs.

breakfuss

Wtf is wrong with people? You can see the hatred in their eyes. Ugh. “My grandpappy fought for this flag”. Are they not aware the military is disproportionately filled with minorities? Get the fuck out.

There's a good one of a Ravens fan trying, and failing, to rip up his Ray Lewis jersey, before leaving it at the feet of Ray's statue.

I love Ray and take up for him all the time, which is wild because these other fans were cool with other alleged discretions....just not protesting institutional racism.

Not an American and stumped by the reaction to taking the knee, so asking.

Is there some reason that kneeling is considered particularly disrespectful ? Because to me kneeling doesn't convey inherent disrespect, the breaking of convention may be viewed as protest but kneeling is still fundamentally respectful. If I wanted to disrespect a flag, I'd recline, or make a rude gesture or something similar that's clearly disrespectful.

Ronin Ray

It would be great if they can like locate these fans and put them on camera during the games.

platocplx

most of these people pay the bare minimum. and think they have some say because they "pay" their salaries. Which is far from the truth. its crazy how entitled fans are to athletes. Also how many have this dumb jock thing when so many jocks are at the forefront of many civil issues and in their community doing work.

Is there some reason that kneeling is considered particularly disrespectful ? Because to me kneeling doesn't convey inherent disrespect, the breaking of convention may be viewed as protest but kneeling is still fundamentally respectful. If I wanted to disrespect a flag, I'd recline, or make a rude gesture or something similar that's clearly disrespectful.

It has nothing to do with kneeling and everything to do with racism.

Ottaro

The season tickets are already paid for, why would the nfl care? It's not like they have a hard time filling their stadium.

jjasper

I wish someone would ask these people what makes America great. Undoubtably the first answer would be freedom.

Army Men and Women die to protect American's rights/freedoms including right to protest->People protest.-> people that died are disrespected because of the right and freedom to protest they protected. Got it.

Unbreakable Kimmy Schmidt had an episode in the most recent season where one of the characters realized the NFL could make even more money if everyone hated the teams. Piss off more people -> more merchandise to immediately destroy is sold.

black person did it. That's really it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom