• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

These Fine Upstanding NFL Fans Give Up Their Passion. With Fire.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Not an American and stumped by the reaction to taking the knee, so asking.

Is there some reason that kneeling is considered particularly disrespectful ? Because to me kneeling doesn't convey inherent disrespect, the breaking of convention may be viewed as protest but kneeling is still fundamentally respectful. If I wanted to disrespect a flag, I'd recline, or make a rude gesture or something similar that's clearly disrespectful.

I know, right? Kneeling in silence makes them mad? It's like they are the easiest troll targets ever.

I wanna see what they would do if the players were on their phone or just chatting to each other during the anthem. Maybe doing some stretches and tossing the ball around. Just outright ignoring the whole thing.

GodofWine

I know, right? Kneeling in silence makes them mad?.

Imagine how mad they'd be if the President called people trying to cleanse them 'decent people', or if they had to worry about their kids driving home from school and getting pulled over and harassed by cops...They just are ignorant and FAIL COMPLETELY to see the other side of the debate.

(4th Verse of the National Anthem, which isn't sung, celebrates the death of slaves who were joining with the British, and fighting for their freedom).

Did you tell him that the code actually doesn't exist? Lol

Her. Much older woman.

I didn't know actually. I don't really follow sports. It just seemed dumb to me that someone would try to use a printed ruleset to shame the protesters even when the head spokesman for the company already supported the movement.

She then shared an image of Nascar drivers standing with the caption "Look at these drivers PROPERLY supporting our country." Or something like that. I was done at this point and I unfriended her. I mentioned how the Nascar boss had threatened to fire people who didn't stand and that I just couldn't associate myself with someone so tone deaf anymore. She sent me a reply message a little bit ago that I haven't looked at it.

Dishwalla

Banned
Dang, I would've taken that Raiders flag off that dumbasses hands.

Love the salt though, you know they all just want attention otherwise they wouldn't be filming it and putting it on YouTube. Ultimately no one gives a shit if you stop rooting for the Raiders or the Steelers or Saints, plenty of fans to go around.

Her. Much older woman.

I didn't know actually. I don't really follow sports. It just seemed dumb to me that someone would try to use a printed ruleset to shame the protesters even when the head spokesman for the company already supported the movement.

She then shared an image of Nascar drivers standing with the caption "Look at these drivers PROPERLY supporting our country." Or something like that. I was done at this point and I unfriended her. I mentioned how the Nascar boss had threatened to fire people who didn't stand and that I just couldn't associate myself with someone so tone deaf anymore. She sent me a reply message a little bit ago that I haven't looked at it.

You should tell her that the rule is actually not true, that players stayed in lockerooms before 2009 before the anthem, ask her what she thinks of Dale Jrs comments, and finally ask her what she thinks of those that are piss ass drunk and yelling in the stands when the anthem is played.

Dishwalla

Banned
Love watching these videos of people pouring gas on the jerseys and setting them on fire, only to burn themselves in the process. I've seen a few of these now. It's pretty damn funny.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom