• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Third Party Wii Games

Mael

pakkit said:
Nintendo 3rd Party Arguments: Going nowhere for 4 9 14 years

I guess it's the new 'moving the goal'....
gotta love the 3rd parties though, they can't make anything worth a shit and complain when that shit don't stick on the wall.
I guess they're lucky to even keep making games.

And on that note, being multiplatform doesn't help AT ALL.
I just got a ps3 and it ALSO doesn't have the games I want >:-(
Now it's even worse because the outlook is : damn they even suck with their HD games!

cacildo

Soneet said:
WTF, are you hating on Grand Slam Tennis? That's borderline trolling in my book :O

It aint trolling. Its just that i really really hate this game (and im not alone)

Its an opinion. And the fact that it sold poorly enough for the franchise to never be touched again.

But The Godfather Wii was a nice port! A port, still, but a pretty good one!

cacildo

Mael said:
I guess it's the new 'moving the goal'....
gotta love the 3rd parties though, they can't make anything worth a shit and complain when that shit don't stick on the wall.
I guess they're lucky to even keep making games.

And on that note, being multiplatform doesn't help AT ALL.
I just got a ps3 and it ALSO doesn't have the games I want >:-(
Now it's even worse because the outlook is : damn they even suck with their HD games!

:lol

The guy (or girl) who made the wall is really a hero in my book. Finally everybody could see what´s really going on.

About your personal PS3 experience, that´s the reason im not getting a HD system. You think they got "everything", but when i get to analyse the current backlog... well, there´s just 3 or 4 games that i really want to play.

And really, im not buying a whole new system for 3 or 4 games. The Wii has at least 6 games that i want this year, all this while im still finishing the Luigi part of Mario galaxy (oh mario galaxy, how i love you). Its more than my Xbox360 list of games i wish i could play

cacildo

megashock5 said:
Seriously??? What are you on about? Grand Slam Tennis is awesome.

Ill come clean here: i couldnt win a single match. Im serving? Fine, this set is mine. CP is serving? He just gets closer to the net and kills me. Every single point. He waits until wonderfull motion plus control forces some mistakes and i lose the match.

Then i got 4 other people to try the same thing... and all got killed the same way.

What´s the deal here? Not that im buying or renting it again.

ShinNL

cacildo said:
It aint trolling. Its just that i really really hate this game (and im not alone)

Its an opinion. And the fact that it sold poorly enough for the franchise to never be touched again.

If 6 in-your-face laughing smileys is your idea of an opinion, then I suggest you to never do it again. You're delusional if you think that game was bad in any way. It was a very very solid effort making good use for the Motion+ and one of the few sports game I actually play. And I'm not alone. You are alone though.

cacildo

Soneet said:
If 6 in-your-face laughing smileys is your idea of an opinion, then I suggest you to never do it again. You're delusional if you think that game was bad in any way. It was a very very solid effort making good use for the Motion+ and one of the few sports game I actually play. And I'm not alone. You are alone though.

Are 6 in-your-face laughing smileys that offensive to you?

Jesus christ, its just a game, kid. Dont need to act like im killing your family.

Its a game, i dont like it, a lot of people dont like it, you like it and a lot of people you know like it too.

We probably have the same opinions about other games, but because of one disagreement im suddenly the worst person on earth.

I think we should see other people.

ShinNL

cacildo said:
Are 6 in-your-face laughing smileys that offensive to you?

Jesus christ, its just a game, kid. Dont need to think im killing your family.

Its a game, i dont like it, a lot of people dont like it, you like it and a lot of people you know like it too.

We probably have the same opinions about other games, but because of one disagreement im suddenly the worst person on earth.

I think we should see other people.
I knew your ego would be too big to even get a decent response. You just called me a kid for pointing out your stupidity? You'll last long here.

Mael

cacildo said:
:lol

The guy (or girl) who made the wall is really a hero in my book. Finally everybody could see what´s really going on.

:lol without that wall they would probably slide into irrelevancy all by themselves anyway >.>

cacildo said:
About your personal PS3 experience, that´s the reason im not getting a HD system. You think they got "everything", but when i get to analyse the current backlog... well, there´s just 3 or 4 games that i really want to play.

Hey, I really planned the whole stuff and got 300 bucks worth of unplanned money, I applied it to getting an hd system... not the best idea so far.

cacildo said:
And really, im not buying a whole new system for 3 or 4 games. The Wii has at least 6 games that i want this year, all this while im still finishing the Luigi part of Mario galaxy (oh mario galaxy, how i love you). Its more than my Xbox360 list of games i wish i could play

Well for me I only need 1 game for the system to be redeemed,
I bought a psp for Freedom Unite and I don't regret it one bit!
Co GOTY 2010 with nsmbw no question.
ps3 don't have that luxury, if I don't find THE game I really like between now and december, it's getting gifted out of my house!

Turrican3

Stumpokapow said:
I'm not angry, I just think that you've failed to make one of the easiest points in history because you're unwilling to set aside how obviously angry you are at publishers for putting games you want on a system you don't own.
I own all home & portable systems, I'm extremely happy with the Wii (mostly due to Nintendo's own efforts) but I *still* believe it's absolutely reasonable to complain about, for example, the modest number of *quality* third party FPS/TPS and maybe RTS, too, that would have benefitted a lot from the unique control scheme of nunchuck+wiimote, a control scheme that will be 4 years old on the market alone (I assume at least one year more to 3rd party developers behind Red Steel and COD 3) this holiday season.

Really, they have no excuses: maybe it was a smart business choice to support PS360, but blaming Wii userbase for not buying their (mostly) B/C "quality" games is almost offensive.

cacildo

Soneet said:
I knew your ego would be too big to even get a decent response. You just called me a kid for pointing out your stupidity? You'll last long here.

I called you kid because even disagreeing with you i still think you´re a nice guy, just acting like a kid.

heringer

cacildo said:

Grand Slam Tennis is awesome.

So is Dead Space Extraction.

And we don't know how much Grand Slam Tennis sold. I bet it sold enough to EA continue the franchise. Sports games usually do well on the Wii.

Dead Space tanked really hard though.

cacildo

heringer said:
Grand Slam Tennis is awesome.

So is Dead Space Extraction.

And we don't know how much Grand Slam Tennis sold. I bet it sold enough to EA continue the franchise. Sports games usually do well on the Wii.

Dead Space tanked really hard though.

Im not entering the Grand Slam Tennis area until we get some realistic sales numbers.

But the fact is that Dead Space Extracion aint exactly a bad product. It got a great story (i liked! Seriously!), great graphics. But if feels more like an interactive movie than a game.

Im not joking: after you get to know who survives and who dies, the game loses everything. You can send it back, because there´s nothing else for you there.

But why the DSE hate?

Because its on rails

Because it had the $50 price tag

Because the usual PR liar told us is a "guided first person experience"

Becuase there´s 8million other on rails games on wii.

Because since its on rails nobody wanted the game, and yet the usual PR liar told us "yeah, Dead Space extraction: the perfect game at the perfect time. Yet it floped. It can only mean that NOBODY should NEVER EVER make another mature wii game AGAIN.

That´s a lie. Everybody knows. But they keep shoving the wii with games that nobody want and lying.

And that explains the Dead Space Extracion hate. And oh yeah i hate it for all it represents.

Vizion28

Banned
cacildo said:

I didn't like Grand Slam Tennis either. It had some animation issues and worst of all I didn't like the controls even with M+. I was expecting 1 to 1 motion controls are at least something close to it. It just didn't feel right with me. I still enjoy Wii Sports tennis more.

heringer

cacildo said:
Im not entering the Grand Slam Tennis area until we get some realistic sales numbers.

But the fact is that Dead Space Extracion aint exactly a bad product. It got a great story (i liked! Seriously!), great graphics. But if feels more like an interactive movie than a game.

Im not joking: after you get to know who survives and who dies, the game loses everything. You can send it back, because there´s nothing else for you there.

But why the DSE hate?

Because its on rails

Because it had the $50 price tag

Because the usual PR liar told us is a "guided first person experience"

Becuase there´s 8million other on rails games on wii.

Because since its on rails nobody wanted the game, and yet the usual PR liar told us "yeah, Dead Space extraction: the perfect game at the perfect time. Yet it floped. It can only mean that NOBODY should NEVER EVER make another mature wii game AGAIN.

That´s a lie. Everybody knows. But they keep shoving the wii with games that nobody want and lying.

And that explains the Dead Space Extracion hate. And oh yeah i hate it for all it represents.
So basically you hate it because "it's on rails!!1!1!".

Well, sucks to be you. I think it's awesome despite being on rails.

Vizion28

Banned
Dead Space Extraction is awesome for a 8 dollars rental at Blockbuster not for a $50, $40, or even $30 dollars purchase.

There is no way I would spend more than $25 on a 6 hour long on-rails shooter game with little replay value. By the way, almost half of the 6 hours it took me to beat the game were cutscenes.

I haven't read the whole thread but if anyone is arguing DSE should have sold a lot better than you got issues!

cacildo

heringer said:
So basically you hate it because "it's on rails!!1!1!".

Well, sucks to be you. I think it's awesome despite being on rails.

No, man. Its not only because it is on rails.

You´re making it a generic case of hate when the whole situation is far away from it.

Its the sum of its parts. Its the genre, the 3rd party wii games scenario, the PR lie, the publisher´s lazy approach when it comes to the wii.

Please, read the answer again. Check the walls of shame. You cant just simplify everything that me and most wii users are saying about Dead Space Extraction and the 3rd party wii games by saying "AH-HA, SO YOU´RE A HATER".

You´re smarter than this.

heringer

Vizion28 said:
Dead Space Extraction is awesome for a 8 dollars rental at Blockbuster not for a $50, $40, or even $30 dollars purchase.

There is no way I would spend more than $25 on a 6 hour long on-rails shooter game with little replay value. By the way, almost half of the 6 hours it took me to beat the game were cutscenes.

I haven't read the whole thread but if anyone is arguing DSE should have sold a lot better than you got issues!
Well, I understand why the game sold poorly, and I undesrtand that $50 is a bit steep for the ammount of content, but I absolutely think it should have solt a lot better. If you think otherwise than maybe you're the one with issues? I mean, the game bombed really, really hard, and had a lot of effort put into it, even if it's slim on content. It's not like every game this generation has 20+ hours. I mean, how big is No More Heroes, for example? Do you think that game is worth $50?

cacildo said:

You´re making it a generic case of hate when the whole situation is far away from it.

Its the sum of its parts. Its the genre, the 3rd party wii games scenario, the PR lie, the publisher´s lazy approach when it comes to the wii.

Please, read the answer again. Check the walls of shame. You cant just simplify everything that me and most wii users are saying about Dead Space Extraction and the 3rd party wii games by saying "AH-HA, SO YOU´RE A HATER".

Well, your whole post reads like "it's on rails". You ramble about lies and other nonsense (the game sucks because they called "first person guided"? Sorry, that's nonsense), but the bulk of your reasoning is the on rails thing.

I never called you a hater though. Not in the general sense. You were the one calling yourself a DSE hater. :p

Mael

I find it funny that some could be called HATERS about DSE when it's really just desinterest, I mean if it was outright hatred at least people would know the game existed, but no everything about it is just forgettable or at least tries to.

I mean 'guided first person experience'? bby the time you've finished reading that you've actually already forgotten about the game already:lol
Heck at least Capcom was upfront with Darkside chronicle and didn't try to worm its way while trying to pass for something it's not.

Truth is, nobody wanted DS:E and nobody still want it.
Imagine what would have been said if all EA made on the snes in 94 was a lightgun gun using the superscope?
I would bomb and nobody would say it''s because snes can't sell games for shit.

Gran slam tennis is really Nintendo's fault though, nintendo should NOT have made Wii music and Animal Crossing their only holyday release in 2008, that alone crippled the wii for the most part of 2009.
It should have been released AFTER WSR picked the pieces of the momentum of the wii back to speed, but that's hindsight they can't be blamed for not knowing the future :D

Kenka

Vizion28 said:

I don't give much importance to its sales but my gamer's soul leads me defend the game when I see it being the target of abusing comments.

evangd007

Everybody is giving cacildo a hard time about not liking some "awesome Wii games," but when push comes to shove the games he has been hating on have only been decent at best. I bought Deadly Creatures, DSE, and MadWorld for that matter, and I found them all terribly overrated. Jumping down cacildo's throat because he didn't like some good-not-great games roughly equivalent to Force Unleashed in quality just seems unfair.

Sometimes I really don't get GAF. Is it only OK to bash games if their metacritic score is above 85 or something? Because I have seen plenty of bashing of MW2, GTA4, NSMBW, and others without the kinds of reactions cacildo is getting for bashing games clearly inferior to those.

The Technomancer

card-carrying scientician
*sighs* Its not that DS:E was a rail-shooter. Its that the HD twins got the full, third-person shooter version, and the Wii got the "year late, 'guided experience'", even though RE4 showed that 3ps can be done on Wii.

Its a Wii pride thing, I don't exactly like it, but I definitely feel it.

cacildo

heringer said:
Well, your whole post reads like "it's on rails". You ramble about lies and other nonsense (the game sucks because they called "first person guided"? Sorry, that's nonsense), but the bulk of your reasoning is the on rails thing.

Sorry about the post then. I know that sometimes my text do get extremely confused.

But the problem with they calling the game "first person guided experience", is that publishers keep lying and lying.

As i said before, the game has a good story. IF nintendo 3rd party scenario wasnt so fucked up the game could find a bigger audience without much hassle. (and a lower price tag would help that too)

But the game was just the wrong game at the wrong time. And EA (and other publishers using it as an exemple) are lying when they refuse to admit it.

That´s why the release of DSE is so insulting.

evangd007 said:
Everybody is giving cacildo a hard time about not liking some "awesome Wii games," but when push comes to shove the games he has been hating on have only been decent at best.

There's a difference between not liking something and posting six laughing smilies trying discount the opinion of someone else who likes it.

A lot of people who gave Grand Slam Tennis a fair shot found it to be a top-notch title.

cacildo

megashock5 said:
There's a difference between not liking something and posting six laughing smilies trying discount the opinion of someone else who likes it.

A lot of people who gave Grand Slam Tennis a fair shot found it to be a top-notch title.

six laughing smilies = the biggest insult on the face of the earth.

What´s more insulting? Six laughing smiles or a PR guy telling you that the Wii cant handle more than 5 zombies per screen? A PR guy saying wii owners dont deserve a real Resident Evil or Dead Space?

Because i cant see you guys getting so pissed off with publishers craping on our heads than this bizarre reaction to six laughing smiles.

heringer

The_Technomancer said:
*sighs* Its not that DS:E was a rail-shooter. Its that the HD twins got the full, third-person shooter version, and the Wii got the "year late, 'guided experience'", even though RE4 showed that 3ps can be done on Wii.

Well, I feel it too, but to me, a good game is a good game. I may hate on publishers, I may hate on EA, but I won't hate on a good game.

That's like saying "oh man, Modern Warfare 2 sucks because Bobby Kotick is a douche".

cacildo said:
Sorry about the post then. I know that sometimes my text do get extremely confused.

But the problem with they calling the game "first person guided experience", is that publishers keep lying and lying.

As i said before, the game has a good story. IF nintendo 3rd party scenario wasnt so fucked up the game could find a bigger audience without much hassle. (and a lower price tag would help that too)

But the game was just the wrong game at the wrong time. And EA (and other publishers using it as an exemple) are lying when they refuse to admit it.

That´s why the release of DSE is so insulting.
I get that. I just think that PR lies and that kind of stuff shouldn't get in your way of enjoying a game, for your own sake.

cacildo said:

Not what I said. I said there's a difference between "I didn't like GST" and "GST??? LOLOLLOLLL"

It's a good game. If you didn't like it, cool. There are tons of good, well made that games I don't enjoy.

ShinNL

megashock5 said:
Not what I said. I said there's a difference between "I didn't like GST" and "GST??? LOLOLLOLLL"

It's a good game. If you didn't like it, cool. There are tons of good, well made that games I don't enjoy.
Seriously, that's exactly what cacildo did.
cacildo said:
What´s more insulting? Six laughing smiles or a PR guy telling you that the Wii cant handle more than 5 zombies per screen? A PR guy saying wii owners dont deserve a real Resident Evil or Dead Space?
So you admit it's insulting, but because there's something more insulting, yours isn't? You're just posting like a brat, that's all there is to it. Doesn't matter what other people do!

If you disrespect other people's opinions (in this case their list of good games), then you yourself deserve no respect at all in my opinion.

Soneet said:
Stumpokapow, you're just using an extensive long version of "If you want real games, buy a HD system". Which you've been doing for quite a while (it's almost a copy-paste read each time). My question is, how do you keep ending up in Wii threads spreading your Jesus message? You see: you = HD mindset, this = Wii thread. What's the reason you're here besides calling almost every Wii-only owner delusional?
Gotta say, the truth is, if you want a all that this generation has to offer for you, you probably need more than a Wii. I walked into Costco on launch day and just picked one up. I left with the expectation that it would be the only console that I'd be buying this generation. In August 2008 I picked up an XBox 360 because the Wii was missing GTAIV and RE5, and I really wanted to play both of them. Since then I've played through Fallout 3, Brutal Legend, both Mass Effect games, Darksiders, and Bayonetta. I still enjoy the hell out of my Wii. I spent quality time with Super Metroid this weekend with it's help.

Point is, that the 3rd parties seem to be shitting on Nintendo's platforms right now, so if you're interested in third party games (from a practical perspective, and not just a bitching on GAF perspective) it may be worth having a 2nd system.

pvpness

bmf said:
Gotta say, the truth is, if you want a all that this generation has to offer for you, you probably need more than a Wii. I walked into Costco on launch day and just picked one up. I left with the expectation that it would be the only console that I'd be buying this generation. In August 2008 I picked up an XBox 360 because the Wii was missing GTAIV and RE5, and I really wanted to play both of them. Since then I've played through Fallout 3, Brutal Legend, both Mass Effect games, Darksiders, and Bayonetta. I still enjoy the hell out of my Wii. I spent quality time with Super Metroid this weekend with it's help.

Point is, that the 3rd parties seem to be shitting on Nintendo's platforms right now, so if you're interested in third party games (from a practical perspective, and not just a bitching on GAF perspective) it may be worth having a 2nd system.
I agree because it's a universal statement. If you really want to enjoy all the third parties have to offer this generation, then you must own all systems. Just as it has been with all previous console generations.

I understand that not everyone can afford to own all systems. For them I'd say just enjoy what ya got but I doubt that's gonna work for anybody really hence the reason we've had these same type of discussions for 3 years now. Sucks thinking the grass might be greener on the otherside of the fence.

Neomoto

Those walls of shame are truly depressing seeing it like that. This is how the entire industry collectively supports the market leader and the flood of new customers? Even all of their "best" games combined wouldn't exactly look good. Good job!

Effect

Leondexter said:
I'll answer this, both in general and based on personal experience (long ago). No, people generally don't pay attention to a game's publisher. BUT, if they get burnt enough times (or burnt particularly badly), then they might.

Personal anecdote: long, long ago, I bought an NES and a couple of games. At the time, I had no idea there were separate publishers. Like many people, then and now, I thought Atari 2600 games were all from Atari, and all NES games for my new purchase were from Nintendo.

The two games I purchased--for nearly the same price--were The Legend of Zelda and Commando. One of them provided me with weeks of awesome entertainment. The other one was good for a day or so of frustrating, uninspired gameplay with awful performance to boot. And of course, the 3rd game I had was the pack-in, Super Mario Bros, which was also great (but I'd long since mastered the arcade version).

Perplexed at this huge disparity, I looked closely at the game manuals and discovered that the good one was from the console maker, Nintendo, and the other was from another company! I vowed never to buy another game from this awful "Capcom" again (long since broken, of course; Capcom are one of the greats).

How many millions of times can you imagine a very similar scenario playing out in today's homes with the Wii?

People do this all the time when it comes to other products. Buy a shirt that is of poor quality when you go to wash it you will look to see what name is on the tag. Next time you won't buy that brand shirt. If the vacuum you have breaks or keeps breaking after you've repaired it or had it repaired you'll buy another brand from now on. It's not crazy to think this wouldn't happen with games. Sooner or later people will start looking to see who made certain games. If they notice that the games they dislike on a constant basis has the EA logo then they'll avoid that logo. If they games they enjoy most have the Nintendo logo then they'll buy more games with the Nintendo logo. If they have one bad experience and 10 good ones they'll be more forgiving. It only has to happen one time for even the most unknowing customer to realize that games are put out by different companies. Then there is a snowball effect.

This is why I don't understand how a company could put out a horrible game knowing full well it is a bad game or simply a mess. As the industry tries to move into a more Hollywood direction one would think they'd be more careful of this. By going in that direction the names of publishers will be more well known. Actvision will want people to know it was them that put out Call of Duty. It will want people to recognize it's symbol so they can tell the difference in how put out games if they don't already know it. So when a horrible game is released it will be even easier for people to associate it with the publisher. With this in mind it makes no sense why companies would simply release crap on any system and think they'd be okay. The flooding of the market with these cheap games just puts their brand out there at an even faster pace.

It's not just customers either but stores themselves. There is a reason why some stores are telling publishers not to even approach them regarding certain style of games. Now if stores start turn around certain games from publishers it wouldn't be long before, if they don't already do so, turn away games in general from certain publishers. Then where will these publishers be? They are only hurting themselves in the long run.

cacildo

Soneet said:
So you admit it's insulting, but because there's something more insulting, yours isn't? You're just posting like a brat, that's all there is to it. Doesn't matter what other people do!

Seriously, kid. Im sorry, but now you just proved you´re beyond any help.

You and Stumpokapow are just the extreme opposit ends, but extreme regardless.

Ill find the block user feature by myself.

cacildo

Effect said:
This is why I don't understand how a company could put out a horrible game knowing full well it is a bad game or simply a mess. As the industry tries to move into a more Hollywood direction one would think they'd be more careful of this.

Please note: this is a question. Not a challenge, im not provoking or anything, just want to know your take on this (Jesus, nowdays we need a disclaimer for each forum post)

Do people take notice of Studio names when whatching a movie? Or directors names aside from James Cameron or Steven Spielberg?

Because, you know, taking Fox studios as an exemple, they put crap after crap in the movies (Wolverine... err... there´s others, but i forgot) but people (me included) are still on to some fox movies, if they´re appealing enought.

Effect

The_Technomancer said:

That's where a lot of the issues come from in regards to DSE. People were honestly excited about a Dead Space Wii game up until it was announced it was a rail shooter. EA knew they screwed up because they then started talking about it being a "guided experience ....
". They saw the backlash. This is made worse when it's clear normal FPS and TPS work just fine on the Wii. No different from any other console. You can do traditional controls just fine is you wish as well (all Wii owners know this or should know this). DSE really was simply a slap in the face and a prime example of publishers/developers showing how stupid they think Wii owners are. What's also interesting is that when publishes pull this it shows they think the same of some of their customers who own PS3 and/or 360s as well. The person a Dead Space Wii game would be aimed at would be the type of person to actually own a PS3 or 360 or both along wise a Wii. Or actually game on the computer too.

mclem

cacildo said:

The thing about Godfather, I felt, is that it was actually a pretty mediocre game, but the inclusion of Wii controls *really* served to elevate it. I'm continually disappointed that we've never seen a GTA (c'mon, even a compilation of the GTA3-based titles?) for the system, I'd love to see what Rockstar can do with Wii controls.

JoseJX

mclem said:
The thing about Godfather, I felt, is that it was actually a pretty mediocre game, but the inclusion of Wii controls *really* served to elevate it.

I completely agree, but it really needs to be reinforced that the controls really *were* so great that it made a mediocre game pretty decent.

I think *this* is the reason why people are still begging for Wii ports, there is so much potential just being ignored and there's no good reason why. It's not that people actually want X360 or PS3 games on the Wii, but it would certainly be cool if publishers explored some of the real possibilities that exist with the platform and the controls.

It just seems like such wasted potential. As awesome as it turned out, is Godfather really the best anyone can do in this genre on the Wii? If not, why hasn't anyone tried to better it?

cacildo

mclem said:
The thing about Godfather, I felt, is that it was actually a pretty mediocre game, but the inclusion of Wii controls *really* served to elevate it. I'm continually disappointed that we've never seen a GTA (c'mon, even a compilation of the GTA3-based titles?) for the system, I'd love to see what Rockstar can do with Wii controls.

I missed it in the PS2 days but got the Wii version the same day i got my wii.

Played it until 100% loved every minute. Needed some customizable controls for the crosshair, but that wasnt so common back in the day.

But i was left with some emptiness when i got the 100%: nothing special happens. The game went to my brother, and as soon as he gets his wii he will probably love it too.

poppabk

Cheeks Spread for Digital Only Future
Effect said:
That's where a lot of the issues come from in regards to DSE. People were honestly excited about a Dead Space Wii game up until it was announced it was a rail shooter. EA knew they screwed up because they then started talking about it being a "guided experience ....
". They saw the backlash. This is made worse when it's clear normal FPS and TPS work just fine on the Wii. No different from any other console. You can do traditional controls just fine is you wish as well (all Wii owners know this or should know this). DSE really was simply a slap in the face and a prime example of publishers/developers showing how stupid they think Wii owners are. What's also interesting is that when publishes pull this it shows they think the same of some of their customers who own PS3 and/or 360s as well. The person a Dead Space Wii game would be aimed at would be the type of person to actually own a PS3 or 360 or both along wise a Wii. Or actually game on the computer too.
The timing was also lousy. HOTD:Overkill had just released recently sating a lot of peoples appetites for lightgun games, and then in quick succession a Dead Space game and a Resident Evil game were announced for Wii, both of which would work lend themselves perfectly to RE4 style games, both of which turned out to be lightgun games.

Sadist

mclem said:
It's called Bully Scholarship Edition on Wii :p Which I really liked.

And people hating on EA's Wii efforts is lame. It might not be games you're interested in, but they are good. I would have almost made a EA 360 wall, but that's way to much work hehe. Let's just say, it's a world of difference.

pvpness said:
I agree because it's a universal statement. If you really want to enjoy all the third parties have to offer this generation, then you must own all systems. Just as it has been with all previous console generations.

I understand that not everyone can afford to own all systems. For them I'd say just enjoy what ya got but I doubt that's gonna work for anybody really hence the reason we've had these same type of discussions for 3 years now. Sucks thinking the grass might be greener on the otherside of the fence.
It feels a little different this generation though. Previously all the systems were in the same ballpark. This generation is a little different.

MAtgS

mclem said:
Between IV & CTW just about literally every other current platform has at least 1 GTA game to it's credit.

Stumpokapow

listen to the mad man
I read Wii threads because I own a Wii, I own 50 or so games for the Wii, I enjoy many games on the Wii (including quite a few marked as "shit" on those walls of shame), I'm interested in the Wii, and I'm interested in playing games on the Wii. Do I have to sell my other consoles to participate in this conversation?

In this particular case, the problem is that people are trying to make an obvious point (third party publishers flood the Wii with an ocean of shit, make little to no effort to make real games, and don't advertise them when they do make them). Good for them. The Wall of Shame idea is a great one. The problem is that the way of making this point is apparently by calling good games shitty, which makes no sense to me.

I also do think port begging, by anyone, is annoying. When someone say "DSE sucks, the Wii ought to have got something /like/ Dead Space 2", I don't see how that's different than saying "Wahh, I want Dead Space 2 on Wii", which would be an open/shut port begging example. The difference in tone is pretty irrelevant to me, the point is the same in both cases.

Every post I make on this subject boils down to this:
bmf said:

Faxanadu

cacildo said:

I think you give the majority of internet posters too much credit.

Sadist

cacildo said:

Because i cant see you guys getting so pissed off with publishers craping on our heads than this bizarre reaction to six laughing smiles.
Uh... what

BowieZ

Banned
+1 in the Grand Slam Tennis (Wii) is AWESOME camp. The fact that it takes practice and skill to master, and rewards realistic tennis movement is a plus when for many people that seems to be a minus. :lol

Online for we Aussies, though, stinks.

poppabk

Cheeks Spread for Digital Only Future
Stumpokapow said:
Every post I make on this subject boils down to this:
I have played through RE5 on my PC, and have started a play through of Dead Space on PC also. I would still like an RE5:Wii.

ThatObviousUser

ὁ αἴσχιστος παῖς εἶ
Sadist said:
:lol @ people still pissed about Extraction. Just let it go.

Never!
Disgust01.gif

Top Bottom