• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

This is Phil Fish

igor

Very insightful video with some very valid comments.

Phil did a big mistake on how he projected himself - he was basically giving people reasons to hate him with his stupid responses - he just got a little bit ahead of himself.

I thought FEZ was fantastic, but if he doesn't want to do the sequel, so be it. Even if the game journalism (which video made a perfect statement on - game journalism isn't any sort of commentary that serves the progression of the media, it's gossip, at best) liked to demonise him, he behaved like a kid throwing a tantrum. The public hated him for seemingly undeserved attention (I came across FEZ long after it was released so I couldn't tell, I thought the game deserved spotlight because it was one of the best indies I have ever played) so he could prove with the sequel he had every damn right for that recognition.

There are very talented people out there (music, actors, etc.) who are total cunts and don't mind showing it, but they are universally loved because guess what - they can prove time and time again that they can be smug about their success. Fish's mistake IMO was that he timed his victory lap a little bit too early.

Toxi

Banned
I think Phil Fish's problem was also that the gaming audience is very different from other entertainment audience in how it reacts to this sort of thing. We're a lot more critical in general of artists' actions. Someone like Chris Brown or Sean Penn would be roasted alive for their actions by gamers. Phil Fish just had a public meltdown on Twitter, pretty minor in comparison, yet he's already a pariah.

Haunted

Don't think it's his.
From the way Chris Remo talked about it on the Idle Thumbs podcast in question, it definitely seemed that Fish was still involved, along with other members of Kokoromi. So no, it's not "his game" (no game worked on by several people ever is), but he seems to be part of the team.

Isn't this actually an old game they worked on years ago?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mrehVTE9U9M
Yes, the game has existed in various states for years, but it looks like this time it'll be a proper commercial release on Morpheus.

robotrock

Banned
From the way Chris Remo talked about it on the Idle Thumbs podcast in question, it definitely seemed that Fish was still involved, along with other members of Kokoromi. So no, it's not "his game" (no game worked on by several people ever is), but he seems to be part of the team.

Damn, that's awesome to hear! Do you know the specific Idle Thumbs podcast where Chris talked about it by chance?

Top Bottom