• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

This thread is a lie :\ (was: next Team ICO-Game!?)

karasu

Grayman said:
sigh.gif

:lol

Well, if anyone really liked the glider concept there is a glider-themed game in development by Nippon Ichi called Aerial Planet that looks pretty neat. Only you fly over an ocean with islands instead of a desert with canyons.

raviolico

my heart...

maybe someone took a long & deep look at this famitsu teamICO job advert from february and came up with this..."story".

clouds, cliffs, birds, vague machinery etc....

[/URL]

or maybe...no..it`s fake..i have to stop thinking!!

:lol

/thx Issun for the pic!

sammy

:[ :[

so pissed ..... a simi-flight simulator, huge seamless expansive environment, pure exploration, and surprise team-ICO style?!?! ...... sounds so awesome :[ :[: [

i'm sure whatever they're working up it'll be pure bliss

Madman

IGN should just post an article with Britney's picture and the headline "Ooops, we did it again".

With the article being:

Ooops, we did it again,

We played with your heart,

Lied about a game,

Oooo baby baby,

Ooops you thought we were right,

A credible websiiiiitttee,

We're fuck-ing re-tar-ted.

Otacon

SolidSnakex said:
It's 100% fake because Hemmdog seems to work at GI and has confirmed it's not the story they have for this issue.

:( :( :(
you can't believe how my heart was beating when i read the info earlier today...;)
liked the concept
but...i would like anything ueda does, so... ;)

but thanks for the info, ssx

*waits longer for team ico's next game*

Dizzan

MINI Member
eXxy said:
"According to rumors." Jesus.

Best part is that originally they posted it as truth. I quoted the article in this thread (post 175). No mention of it being a rumour then.

:lol so sad

I propose that the OP's ban be extended another 3 months for adding the Nausicaa pic, which made the disappointment feel even worse.

Mandrion

Banned
The author of "The Last Canyon" posted the following in the original forum (just posting, dont kill the messenger :/)

SotC's undeserved praise or How fanboys start a hype from any shit
Half a day ago news got around that the new Team ICO-game had been revealed. Later on, a member of GI themselves declared that information being fake. As it can be said by now, that's right.
In the beginning, all of that was an attempt to fool a certain board, not even neoGAF. That it got posted here was sheer coincidence, but a nice one. When ICO had been released back then on Playstation 2, it got ignored. Its sales were horrible, if i dare to say that...and yeah, i dare. The game was out for quite some time and still nobody noticed. It gained some insider-hype, you know, someone played it and told you how awsome it was. But that didn't help the game too much. THEN SotC got announced. Despite the ignorance in front of its precedessor, SotC was hyped from day one. At first i was happy to see this game from the developer of ICO getting this amount of attention. But that changed. Soon it went from "looks interesting" right into the system war. I don't want to go into detail here, but out of, i suppose so, stupidity, Sony-fanboys chose this game as their holy cow. But not because it was an interesting game, but because they thought they could use this awsome looking game in their childish fanboy-wars. They made SotC something the game just was not and is not. SotC is not one of the greatest action-adventures, and it surely cannot compete with the likes of The Legend of Zelda or other high profile games. SotC didn't have great gameplay. It was searching for Colossi and defeating them, the special thing being the different design of each giant and bound to that the different method of defeating it. SotC was a niche game from the core of its design. It was a game like one of those books or anime or movies or whatever that just not everyone likes, that only few get to find attractive.
But thanks to sheer fanboyism, if you say nowdays "I don't like SotC, it doesn't offer enough" you can be sure to be called a troll, a hater, a fanboy of another system, or whatever. But that's not right. SotC doesn't offer enough, indeed, but that's because of the nature of this game. It was never meant to be appreciated by everyone. Thanks to ignorant Sony-fanboys, SotC was made into a game that is now often called "a piece of art" or "one of the greatest action-adventures, if not games, ever". They put it in line with other games that really offered something. Try saying something bad about this game and you won't get a rest until you supress your opinion or admit that you're a minority of people that cannot see "the truth".
Now, onto "The Last Canyon".
"The Last Canyon" was created from my personal wishes. It's the game i want so bad. You know, flying around, exploring and what not. All that without too much ingame help systems, et cetera. Funny thing is, this whole idea originated as an idea for an upcoming Zelda-game. As a matter of fact i knew that if i keep details about what the game would be like, SotC-fanboys would react to it. You know, keep content away and don't offer much. Combine it with a corny title et voíla, "The Last Canyon" was born.
I take this chance to beg you: Stop hyping Team ICO-games the way you do. They´re awsome games, but only to some of us. They´re not awsome comparing them to other videogames that have...content. If you think SotC had enough content, that's fine, but don't make everyone think that. Just for the record, if anyone didn't get that from this text: I'm a huge fan of ICO and i really liked SotC. So put back your fanboy-hate.

If someone still hasn't charged his fanboy-rage, i hope some of you like the concept of "The Last Canyon". As some even supposed by themselves, the canyons were supposed to features caves of varying size. There should be various scenarios to explore, that you don't think of when first seeing the boring, but because of its scale awsome big desert. Perhaps some developers picks up this idea, i would'nt be upset. And sorry to GI, it's thanks to your awsome credibility and the great job you do that this fake got this big. Take that as a compliment.

To conclude all that, i hope the next Team ICO-game gets the attention it deserves, without anyone being forced into a game he may not really like. And to those who played SotC and liked it but didn't play ICO: Give it a try. It's an awsome game with a boss fight imo even better presented than any colossus in SotC. But that's just me, i'm not forcing anyone :)

Madman

Mandrion said:
The author of "The Last Canyon" posted the following in the original forum (just posting, dont kill the messenger :/)
I would say this to that person.

I was not into the hype of SotC. I had heard about it at GAF and other various palces, but never bothered taking the plunge. Just another over hyped game that will come no where near to delivering.

How fucking wrong was I. I agree with anyone that calls it a piece of art. It is truly amazing. I was shocked at how good it was. I could go on and on about the art direction, the design, the animations, ect. I have a secret however: I have not yet beat it. The only reason why is that I call it my "rainy day" game. There are times that I feel the games medium is really starting wear thin on me. For those times, I have saved SotC. So far I am only through about 7 colossi, but that's how I want it to be. I want to space it out for years. Every collosus being just as memorable as the last.

I think the person that posted that sounds bitter more than anything. They almost seem to wish it had just stayed a niche title with little to no hype. I have news for this person. People aren't refering to it the way they do just based on other people's opinions. Or at least I'm not. I honestly thought the hype here was stupid before I played it. Now that I have, I agree 100% with everyone that holds it so high. It is truly a masterpiece.

Lord Error

Insane For Sony
Madman said:
I think the person that posted that sounds bitter more than anything. They almost seem to wish it had just stayed a niche title with little to no hype.
That's exactly the impression I got. The guy seems to suffer a bit from cognitive dissonance. He wants these games to be limited to a small circle of people who appreciate them, which is fine - but then stop complaining that Ico didn't sell much (it actually sold pretty decently - around 500K copies worldwide). SotC sold more precisely and only because of more hype.

Madman said:
I honestly thought the hype here was stupid before I played it. Now that I have, I agree 100% with everyone that holds it so high. It is truly a masterpiece.
The hype for SotC was well deserved. It may not be everyone's cup of tea (what is?) but the more people find out about the game who end up loving it like you, it makes it all worth it. At the end of the day, if you don't like something you tried, no big deal. But if you end up loving it, it's a big deal. That's at least the way I look at it.

I was in a simillar situation with Ico. I was completely unaware of it until it was released and I got the game after seeing some reviews that hyped it to high heavens. Hell, I purchased PS2 for that game alone because I felt the game was something very unique that I was looking for in games ever since Amiga days. Sure enough, it delivered.

:lol at how on top of the article being based on an entirely unsubstantiated rumor, the first sentence is "rumors have started to circulated" ...

eve241

Madman said:
Mind expading on that?

The difference between the hype for Ico and Sotc was enormous.Even though I preferred Sotc myself when you have two somewhat similar games in terms of feel it seems artificial for only one of them to be praised.So yeah, I definately think part of it is related to the Sony fanboys' agenda.

Endow said:
The difference between the hype for Ico and Sotc was enormous.Even though I preferred Sotc myself when you have two somewhat similar games in terms of feel it seems artificial for only one of them to be praised.So yeah, I definately think part of it is related to the Sony fanboys' agenda.

I don't get this at all. The lack of hype for ICO was due to no one knowing who was behind it or how good it was going to be. The hype for SoTC was based largely on how good ICO is. Without ICO, SoTC never would've got the type of hype it did. It's the game that showed people just how good Team ICO is.

Crisis

Banned
I hope the dude that started the rumor dies in a fire. I thought it was a stupid prank at first but nothing malicious was meant by it. Then he went and posted some retarded shit like that.

Madman

Endow said:
What motivation would anyone today have for hyping the game? And how would it be a Sony fanboy's agenda to praise one game but not praise another (which ICO has recieved plenty of)? Especially when they are both first party exclusives. SotC may be more popular than ICO, but you admitted yourself that you thought SotC was better.

I'm really confused as to how praising SotC over ICO(which I have seen go both ways here at GAF) is a part of a fanboy agenda. They're both exclusives to the same system! :lol

Top Bottom