• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

This week's dirty magazine news begins with Nintendo Dream!

duckroll

Legend of Zelda DS - The game is being developed by a small team of about 10 people, and is targeted for early 2007. The cutscenes in the game will be done by the same team that handled the cutscenes for Zelda TP.

Front Mission 1st - Square Enix hates the internet, no wifi support.

Heroes of Mana - Square Enix really hates the internet, no wifi support, no wifi versus!

john tv

duckroll said:
Legend of Zelda DS - The game is being developed by a small team of about 10 people, and is targeted for early 2007. The cutscenes in the game will be done by the same team that handled the cutscenes for Zelda TP.

Heroes of Mana - Square Enix really hates the internet, no wifi support, no wifi versus!
Zelda DS? Is this different from Phantom whatever?

John Harker

Definitely doesn't make things up as he goes along.
Zelda DS? Is this different from Phantom whatever?

Zelda DS, would that be Phantom Hourglass? 10 people. That is like unheard of for such a franchise.

naw, this is the 10 person team that did Brain Training

This is Zelda Training: How To Make A Franchise Stop Selling In Japan

and the sequal

Zelda Training 2: How To Add Minigames To Revitilize A Franchise In Japan (comes out during Easter)

sprsk

force push the doodoo rock
duckroll said:

WTF? The box clearly had the wi-fi logo on it. (heroes of mana I mean)

WTFUXK SQUARE

I remember the game being confirmed for WIFI when the game was announced (FM)! Now no online?! NO ONLINE FOR HoM EITHER!? ARRRRGH

Zelda DS is so gonna suck, gimmicky bullshit touch screen controls and... 10 people working on the game? damnit Nintendo is screwing up all their DS games. >:|

1161383862-1137228571328.jpg

duckroll said:
Good! at least it's not by Crapcom.

I think Square has a pathological hatred of the internet ever since fanboys everywhere savaged them for FF:TSW.

I can only describe FFXI as a fluke.

ethelred

I'm actually glad both Heroes of Mana and Front Mission lack Wifi, just because it pisses off Chris Michael.

Also, Phantom Hourglass is going to rock. Last I heard, it was being developed by the Four Swords Adventures team.

Y2Kev

TLG Fan Caretaker Est. 2009
ethelred said:
I'm actually glad both Heroes of Mana and Front Mission lack Wifi, just because it pisses off Chris Michael.

:lol

I'll believe DQIX is online when I'm playing it with Team Bucket™.

Amir0x

Banned
Navi Controller Zelda is made by only 10 people? Why doesn't that surprise me.

Meh on no wifi, but Heroes of Mana looks genuinely good... so I don't care for some reason.

ethelred

Jake XXX said:
am i the only person who could care less about wi-fi not being in front mission?

No, you're not the only one. Online is... neat, I guess, in an SRPG, but it's pretty superfluous overall. Action RPGs, sure. I mean, I can see far more reason to be annoyed by the lack of online in Crystal Chronicles (and even then I don't necessarily consider the lack fatal)... but Front Mission and Heroes of Mana? Meh. Not that big a deal.

I've never cared about the idea a lot of people have always pushed of an online Fire Emblem, either.

sprsk

force push the doodoo rock
ethelred said:
Also, Phantom Hourglass is going to rock. Last I heard, it was being developed by the Four Swords Adventures team.

4 Swords ****ing rocked, put me on the yay team.

Jiggy

Jake XXX said:
am i the only person who could care less about wi-fi not being in front mission?
Absolutely not, no. Of course, I'm indifferent to Wi-Fi in pretty much anything where a single game would take longer than 10-15 minutes.

AniHawk

duckroll said:
The cutscenes in the game will be done by the same team that handled the cutscenes for Zelda TP.

Oh shit. Hope this is true. The scene direction in TP was the best in the series and some of the best I've seen in games.

What's up with people going crazy over Zelda being handled by a small team? Small team =/= bad game, and it's from Nintendo. They're not going to let a main Zelda game be crappy.

The real WTF-worthy news here is Square. There's just no excuse for this bullcrap.

Giard

Is WiFi that difficult to incorporate in a DS game....?

Maybe Square thinks that it won't affect their sales, or they are already planning a sequel with WiFi enabled

g23

European pre-madonna
Why do you guys care so much, this is japanese news and it won't matter to the USA because they will never release Front Mission 1 in the US :(

The Zelda DS news sounds like almost the opposite of what we heard from Game Informer. 10 people? What the hell? This isn't Brain Training, it's ****ing Zelda. The only reason why I could understand this is if they're mainly focusing on Zelda Wii (from the GI news they said the game had already been in development for over a year).

Terrell

ethelred said:
No, you're not the only one. Online is... neat, I guess, in an SRPG, but it's pretty superfluous overall. Action RPGs, sure. I mean, I can see far more reason to be annoyed by the lack of online in Crystal Chronicles (and even then I don't necessarily consider the lack fatal)... but Front Mission and Heroes of Mana? Meh. Not that big a deal.

I've never cared about the idea a lot of people have always pushed of an online Fire Emblem, either.
I take it you never played WarCraft III or StarCraft? One of the major appeals of an SRPG is versus play. People are STILL PLAYING STARCRAFT for its online modes. I think, above all things, that makes this a big frickin' deal to a vast majority of people who enjoy SRPGs and want to get the same kind of longevity out of them.

Wario64

works for Gamestop (lol)
g23 said:
Why do you guys care so much, this is japanese news and it won't matter to the USA because they will never release Front Mission 1 in the US :(

It's time to mail bomb Squeenix and voice our demands

Terrell said:
I take it you never played WarCraft III or StarCraft? One of the major appeals of an SRPG is versus play. People are STILL PLAYING STARCRAFT for its online modes. I think, above all things, that makes this a big frickin' deal to a vast majority of people who enjoy SRPGs and want to get the same kind of longevity out of them.

Um, hello? RTS? Different from the SRPG genre? Fundamentally different?

ethelred

g23 said:

You never know, they might, even despite the lack of Scars of War in the US.

It'd probably be a lot cheaper to publish here. And who knows, Nintendo might do a cooperative publishing on the game, like with Children of Mana and plenty of Square Enix's GBA games.

Ganondorf>Link said:
The Zelda DS news sounds like almost the opposite of what we heard from Game Informer. 10 people? What the hell? This isn't Brain Training, it's ****ing Zelda. The only reason why I could understand this is if they're mainly focusing on Zelda Wii (from the GI news they said the game had already been in development for over a year).

Why should we believe one half of Game Informer's rumor when Nintendo Dream has just disproven the other half?

Pureauthor said:
Um, hello? RTS? Different from the SRPG genre? Fundamentally different?

No. "SRPG"s are strategy games every bit as much as Warcraft is; TBSes, true, not RTSes, but certainly within the same genre... and if there's one genre that benefits greatly from online multiplayer (and has had it on PC for a really long time), it's strategy games.

Console strategy games will hopefully eventually figure this out, but for now... :(

Matix

g23 said:

Money, Power, and Respect...

dsprintsmoneyyo7.gif

Gaming.. not so much.

A Black Falcon said:
No. "SRPG"s are strategy games every bit as much as Warcraft is; TBSes, true, not RTSes, but certainly within the same genre... and if there's one genre that benefits greatly from online multiplayer (and has had it on PC for a really long time), it's strategy games.

Console strategy games will hopefully eventually figure this out, but for now... :(

Not, really. For one, character balance is a lot more difficult with an SRPG than an RTS or TBS.

The random stats can really hurt things.

Top Bottom