• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

This weeks thread of Famitsu Sex

Sega
- feel 360 is holding up well
- planning a (some?) big title besides Bayonetta. it's multi but they expect 360 owners will be happy nevertheless

New Phantasy Star...?

Llyranor said:
5pb games would sell more if they got their games localized -__- Future of DDP and Ketsui indeed :/

Yes, and if they bothered to get their games reviewed in Famitsu and even ADVERTISED the game they have coming out on the 19th. :lol

Honestly though they're just BSing about the future of shooters in their hands. CAVE has obviously little confidence in them, since DDPDOJ was delayed. The guy in charge of the Deathsmiles port is former Microsoft Japan, so he knows what he's doing. Can't imagine CAVE putting ports in the hands of 5pb again, maybe Arika but...

zoku88

adversesolutions said:
I'll translate the SF4 news because it's the only stuff I care about from that:

- HD space needed is 3752 KB. Doesn't say whether you can install it to the HD
Given the amount of space it says, it sounds like the file of a save file :lol

jj984jj

He's a pretty swell guy in my books anyway.
icecream said:
That job notice always had indicated they wanted 360 people. It asked for PS3 developers too, so Atlus' game is probably a multiplatform
SMT
one.
Yeah but they could still put those people to work on a multiplat engine but utilize it on a single console first to get the most out of it, I'm glad to hear that they're actually working on something for the 360. Now there's not much doubt in my mind that they're going to be multiplat from the start. :D

Shadow780

オロチZ
・12シナリオ追加、各シナリオで武将変更が可能に
・どどめき、牛気が本格参戦
・VSもーどでCOM戦ができる
・4Pカラー追加
・なぞの女性武将追加。当てるとプレゼントがもらえるキャンペーン開始

I'm interested in Orochi Z, what's new in PS3 version?

t3nmilez

adversesolutions said:
On another note, confirmed that Shooting Love is total shit. Played it a random arcade in Kyuushu and it was boring as fuck. The real shooter of the month isn't reviewed here and is out on 2/19: Dodonpachi Daioujou.

Shooting Love is not a straight port of the arcade game.

Along with Trizeal Remix and Skills Test from the arcade, you get Exzeal, Minus Zero, and something by INH. You also get a bonus Superplay DVD.

Also, maybe it's not for you, but the Skills Test game is addicting as hell once you figure out how to maximize your scores for each area. With online leaderboards, the game has potential to be really enjoyable. I hope you didn't just play one round of Trizeal and write it off based on that, because there's much more to the game.

FrankT

Atlus on 360 cool. Namco seems to be pretty pleased with ToV sales to date. Anyhow 5/6 games this year? Interesting, one could be the other Tales game that was rumored for 09. Dead Rising, I need stat and another LP will be cool.

Guled

Aeana said:
They also said they were making an SMT game for DS and a Persona game for PSP.
isn't there an SMT DS game (devil survivor or something), and there is that Persona 1 port for psp

Bebpo

Banned
jj984jj said:
Yeah but they could still put those people to work on a multiplat engine but utilize it on a single console first to get the most out of it, I'm glad to hear that they're actually working on something for the 360. Now there's not much doubt in my mind that they're going to be multiplat from the start. :D

Considering how well SMT does in the west as well as the east, X360/PS3 multiplatform release makes the most sense. PS3 version will sell more in Japan, X360 version will sell more in the US.

Aeana

Guled said:
isn't there an SMT DS game (devil survivor or something), and there is that Persona 1 port for psp

Devil Survivor is Megami Ibunroku, not Shin Megami Tensei. The Persona PSP thing hasn't been confirmed.

grandjedi6

Master of the Google Search
Dwayne said:
with what, magic? where I copied it from it was posted by anonymous as I already stated.
I think he meant the source of the translation

Aeana said:
Devil Survivor is Megami Ibunroku, not Shin Megami Tensei. The Persona PSP thing hasn't been confirmed.
Plus there is no way either of those titles were the ones the 2005 announcements were refering too.

jj984jj

He's a pretty swell guy in my books anyway.
Bebpo said:
Considering how well SMT does in the west as well as the east, X360/PS3 multiplatform release makes the most sense. PS3 version will sell more in Japan, X360 version will sell more in the US.
MegaTen does well in the west?

jj984jj said:
MegaTen does well in the west?

Well maybe not very well but Atlus keeps releasing them for one reason or another.
Then again who knows? Maybe they're just filthy rich from all that money Microsoft gave them to make an SMT game for the Xbox(which really worked out *cough*)

Pachael

Sunday v Magazine PSP Konami
- Fighting (between characters from major series past and present from Sunday and Magazine comics)

EDIT: duckrowned again!

Rpgmonkey

Jtyettis said:
Atlus on 360 cool. Namco seems to be pretty pleased with ToV sales to date. Anyhow 5/6 games this year? Interesting, one could be the other Tales game that was rumored for 09.

There was another Tales besides the Wii one getting rumored for 09?

duckroll

Pachael said:
Jump v Magazine PSP Konami
- Fighting (between characters from major series past and present from Jump and Magazine comics)

How did Sunday become Jump? It's not even the same fucking publisher. Shounen Sunday and Shounen Magazine are doing a bunch of crossover shit this year because its the publisher's 50th anniversary. Jump is published by a completely different company.... Hellooooooooooooo! :p

Kagari

Crystal Bearer
Rpgmonkey said:
There was another Tales besides the Wii one getting rumored for 09?

1up, I think, had a rumor that came out to something like a new Tales game for every platform this year, or something.

Rpgmonkey

Lagunamov said:
Only one tales for 09? :D

There's two so far, but another 360 one in just a year and right before/after a Wii one seems weird and pretty fast to me, even for Tales.

Unless they've finally reached the point where they're going to announce two mainline games at once for the same year. :lol

Edit: Oh, that rumor. Sounds farfetched even for Tales to have that many in a year unless they're ports, spinoffs, rereleases, etc., which doesn't sound that exciting. :(

Rpgmonkey said:
Unless they've finally reached the point where they're going to announce two mainline games at once for the same year. :lol

There's a Tales magazine in Japan and I'm pretty sure it's monthly? Dear god they just keep milking.

Lagunamov

Rpgmonkey said:
There's two so far, but another 360 one in just a year and right before/after a Wii one seems weird and pretty fast to me, even for Tales.

They're the tales team, they can do anything!!!! :D :D

Nirolak

Mrgrgr
adversesolutions said:
There's a Tales magazine in Japan and I'm pretty sure it's monthly? Dear god they just keep milking.

Well at this rate they'll be able to release a monthly Tales game to go with the magazine.

RevenantKioku

PEINS PEINS PEINS PEINS PEINS PEINS PEINS PEINS PEINS PEINS PEINS PEINS oh god i am drowning in them
duckroll said:
How did Sunday become Jump? It's not even the same fucking publisher. Shounen Sunday and Shounen Magazine are doing a bunch of crossover shit this year because its the publisher's 50th anniversary. Jump is published by a completely different company.... Hellooooooooooooo! :p
This... this can only mean one thing!
:O

Pachael

duckroll said:

Whoops, what was I typing? :(
It's Sunday, Sunday!

Now that I think of it, Hayate et al aren't in Jump, they're in Sunday. :|

kassatsu

Banned
Kasumi1970 said:
What did they say about Atlus? Are they making PS3 and x box 360 games?
The info was from Famitsu 360. So it is not clear if they are working on PS3 stuff as well.

Jonnyram said:
Bet you haven't seen the Xevious movie though :p
You would be correct :lol

harSon

Banned
Did they really confirm a Dead Rising sequel? Capcom has been dodging the question for some time and I really doubt they'd reveal it in an interview.

icecream

Public Health Threat
adversesolutions said:
CAVE has obviously little confidence in them, since DDPDOJ was delayed.
What gives you that idea? We haven't even seen tried the game yet. Delays are not unusual for these games, and they're also going for more than Cave's port of Deathsmiles.

kassatsu said:
So it is not clear if they are working on PS3 stuff as well.l
If they're working for the 360, they are working for the PS3.

Divvy

Canadians burned my passport
Uhhhh I'm pretty sure Dead Rising sequel was announced or revealed some time ago. If memory serves me right, some Canadian studio I've never heard of is developing it?

EDIT: Upon closer inspection, it was rumored that DR2 is being made by Blue Castle

Aaron

PepsimanVsJoe said:
This Atlus 360 game better be a Maken X sequel. I can't bring myself to play the DC version.
Why? It's a tough game, but it's a whole lot of fun. Still looks pretty good too.

VegaShinra

harSon said:
Did they really confirm a Dead Rising sequel? Capcom has been dodging the question for some time and I really doubt they'd reveal it in an interview.
Sounds more like speculation than a solid confirmation.

RevenantKioku

PEINS PEINS PEINS PEINS PEINS PEINS PEINS PEINS PEINS PEINS PEINS PEINS oh god i am drowning in them
Aaron said:
Why? It's a tough game, but it's a whole lot of fun. Still looks pretty good too.
There's even a PS2 version!

Jonnyram

adversesolutions said:
CAVE has obviously little confidence in them, since DDPDOJ was delayed.
I thought it was delayed because it's like one guy working on it by himself, or something? Besides, did you play the booths at TGS? Both DDP and Ketsui seemed fine.

icecream

Public Health Threat
More 5pb:
-360 doesn't have many ADVs, so they're going to blaze a path through by releasing more
-The main platforms they'll focus on for 2009 are the 360 and PSP
Etrain:
-Our 360 game has been canceled (they were making one?).
Prototype:
-Time Leap will be out before the rainy season starts (typically around June/July).

BootBench demo for Marketplace before that please, Prototype!

Top Bottom