• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Thoughts on Titanfall 2?

Best FPS campaign of the generation in my opinion. Excellent game; great shooting, great level design and impeccable pacing. Well worth your time if you're a fan of the genre.

(I didn't play much of the multiplayer so can't offer much opinion on that).

Jakoo

The single player is worth it for 20 dollars alone.

The multiplayer has kicked my ass up and down since launch but I still come back to it and for reference, I haven't played a shooter online regularly since the OG Gears of War.

Algebrah

Great single player. Multiplayer really didn't do anything for me though. I am not really a fan of twitchy shooters though.

SP is definitely one of the best I played for an FPS. I played some MP, but just a tad bit chaotic for my liking. Could never fully get into it unfortunately.

Can't imagine playing it on Playstation 4 given that it's practically an arena shooter with a super high skill ceiling but definitely go for it at that price.

It was worth it for $60, just released at the wrong time IMO. Have fun and enjoy the great combat mechanics! As a PS4 owner at the start of the generation I didn't get a chance to play the 1st game, but was more than surprised at how fun Titanfall 2 was.

Creaking

He touched the black heart of a mod
It's all right. Single player had some really fun moments. Played MP for a while but it never really hooked me. Movement was fun, but the weapon combat was kind of boring. The uninteresting guns seemed the most useful, and the interesting guns seemed to be gimmicky and weak. Titan combat felt more reliant on luck and having good teammates than individual player skill.

I guess I didn't feel like I understood how to succeed in the game like I do with most shooters. And there wasn't enough else there to keep my interest. Kind of let down 'cause the heads at Respawn were responsible for one of my favorite Call of Duty titles (MW2), but what I liked there didn't seem present here.

Nephtes

Titanfall 2 was absolutely my Single Player GOTY of 2016...

I can't recall another game in recent memory that had me stop playing to call a buddy who also had the same game to tell him to "hurry up and get to the part so we can discuss it!"

Azull

It's a pretty decent game I suppose but a mixture of a low playerbase and the current playerbase already well versed and experienced with the game make it a bit difficult to get into the multiplayer properly at this point in time. Of course because I need to state the obvious, this is my opinion and I could just be bad at the game.

Laws00

So did they fix a lot of the stuff that made the demo/beta bad?

I see all the praise in here but I could have sworn I saw you guys trash the game

NinjaBoiX

It has a fantastically imaginative campaign (takes a while to hit its stride, some of the initial levels are very by-the-numbers) and the multi is very impressive but too fast paced for me to keep up with (I'm an old man).

It's a steal at $20.

pantsmith

Its amazing.

The single player is solid, and never overstays its welcome (a lot of FPS campaigns suffer from this). Lots of cool ideas meshed with great traversal and mech combat.

The multiplayer is wonderful, and every hour you spend getting into it rewards dividends in terms of understanding the flow of combat and the layered complexity of the battlefield. Easily my favorite MP this gen, above Overwatch and whatever else you want to compare it to.

Also: you will likely fall in love with a particular mech in MP. they're all so well designed!

RdN

Great single player.

Multiplayer, though, I personally think it's a step back from the original.

But it's definitely worth 20 bucks.

uceenk

Overwatch kinda ruin FPS genre for me

Trying the the tutorial and MP demo, it didn't click with me at all :( , it's such a shame, i actually like the "mecha" on Titanfall 2, they seem have good personality

Fury451

Banned
Campaign is pretty good, but I don't see it as the second coming of FPS as some do. It's pretty short honestly.

Multiplayer bored me truth be told. Had fun for awhile, but went back to R6: Siege within two months.

Probably just not my speed. For $20, it's a decent purchase. I would wait for $15 myself, but that's splitting hairs.

Gorillaz

Bester Shooter of 2016 easily and possibly GOTY status too.

Smoothest gameplay loop and mechanics out right now

Low playerbase might hurt it in the long run but it will probably be looked at as one of the best MP experiences of the gen

I really enjoyed the single player and had fun with the multiplayer for a while. It never caught on with my mp friends, so I don't play it much anymore.

mindsale

The game's totally fine. People lauded its campaign but I thought it was totally average. Multiplayer's fast and frenetic, but I don't think the game's worth playing over Overwatch, personally.

Panther2103

Neo Member
I've been playing it since it launched, and it's worth every cent you can spend on it. The single player was fun all the way through, it didn't feel like most multiplayer focused shooters campaigns, it had actual feelings and fun design. The multiplayer is extremely fun if you are into shooters at all, at least fast paced shooters with giant mechs.

Some more coolness that just happened:
https://gfycat.com/UnequaledComplexButterfly

UnequaledComplexButterfly.gif

Top Bottom