• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Thoughts on Titanfall 2?

The Campaign is one of the best FPS campaigns in a long, long time. It's filled with excellent design and action moments paced perfectly. I played through it twice to grab all of the Achievements.

That said, the multiplayer doesn't have the staying power for me. Every time I think about playing it, I start up Overwatch or something else like Forza. I adored Titanfall 1's multiplayer but 2 just doesn't keep me coming back. I don't care for most of the maps and kind of feel like it's missing that something the first one had.

Still, I'm there for a Titanfall 3 if we ever get one.

I loved the campaign, although it's kind of crazy when you think about how many thousands of hours it probably took to make some levels
like the automated factory
and you can speed by the level in an hour.

The Campaign is one of the best FPS campaigns in a long, long time. It's filled with excellent design and action moments paced perfectly. I played through it twice to grab all of the Achievements.

That said, the multiplayer doesn't have the staying power for me. Every time I think about playing it, I start up Overwatch or something else like Forza. I adored Titanfall 1's multiplayer but 2 just doesn't keep me coming back. I don't care for most of the maps and kind of feel like it's missing that something the first one had.

Still, I'm there for a Titanfall 3 if we ever get one.

High TTK mode introduced today. Try it. Love it.

Jamiaro

I bought Titanfall 2 as someone who has not played multiplayer-fps in 6 years.

- I love this game. :) Solid campaign and smooth multiplayer.

Edit: Titanfall 2 is 20e in Summer Sale right now. For those on the fence: read this thread and buy it!

laxu

I don't care much for multiplayer shooters but I borrowed the game from a friend and really enjoyed the single player campaign. It was just the right length and most of the levels are fun. The game controls really well too.

Vintage

Bought the game and finished campaign last week. It's really great, wouldn't call it an instant classic, but it felt very solid. Amazing set-pieces, great pacing, almost no filler, each level is unique and memorable.
The only thing I didn't like about the campaign is how short it is, it reaches the end way too abruptly without managing to properly establish the world and characters.

Tried mp twice, I hate is as much as I loved Titalfall 1 mp. It's garbage.

It's fun but the campaign isn't that great it's just a big multiplayer tutorial and the coolest part everyone raved about has been done better in other games. Multiplayer is amazing and they are adding a co op pve mode on Tuesday.

groansey

It's better than both of them. FPS of the generation, so far.

It's not better than Siege, but it is a great alternative.

The only fault with Titanfall 2 was the maps, some really bad ones. I sold it before the Livewire update came out - has the game improved significantly content-wise, I might pick it up again?

I prefered the Pilot vs Pilot game mode tbh.

neohwa

much better than the first game because of single player. Looks amazing and was really fun. I didn't even bother with multiplayer and it was worth it.

mnemonicj

It is a great game. Too bad not that many people play online though, I'm in Southeast Asia and only find a few hundred to play with so the games modes are limited.

To give some context, my most played game of the generation is Destiny.

I think I'd rate Titanfall 2 as the best FPS this generation.
It looks and plays almost perfectly. The campaign is incredible and one of the best paced single player experiences I've played.
Multiplayer is incredible and there a ton of viable options.
Unfortunately living in Australia means the connection is an ongoing issue. There are also issues with the balance, with some weapons just outright useless and a couple of Titans being much more versatile and useful than the others.

Decider

Bought it on the recommendations of friends raving about the SP but I found it average at best- perhaps it's a breath of fresh air for some FPS fans because campaigns in other games are lacking. The suggestion that it could be a Half-Life successor has always felt a bit misguided.

Dremorak

Banned
Bought it on the recommendations of friends raving about the SP but I found it average at best- perhaps it's a breath of fresh air for some FPS fans because campaigns in other games are lacking. The suggestion that it could be a Half-Life successor has always felt a bit misguided.

Nope. I havent played a single Battlefield or MW campaign the whole way through (got halfway through COD4). I enjoyed the ever living crap out of the campaign. It was inventive, eventful, and clever at every turn. Not in terms of story, the story was average. The gameplay and level design was top of the class.

Crumpo

After playing BF1 with friends this weekend (and CoD IW from the Amazon glitch) I have to say it's the best console MP I've played in a long time. Movement feels amazing, the balance is pretty good and controlling a Titan feels great.

Also started the SP and that is (so far) as good as people have hyped...and it's been hyped a LOT on GAF.

For £16 it's a steal, go get it!

Izuna

Banned
Best Campaign

And tomorrow we get the main update. If multilayer isn't dope af tomorrow it probably never will be (or at least, not for a while). Considering how good the last update was, I am optimistic

Fudo Myo

I just bought it in EA Origins weekend sale -- I tried the trial version before I bought. I wanted to show off my new GTX 1080 ti; this game does it marvellously.

I don't do multiplayer, only single player, and the campaign alone, albeit short, is absolutely stellar.

Just do it, you'll thank us later.

Chris1

It's better than both of them. FPS of the generation, so far.

second best FPS of the gen*

Titanfall 1 exists
The only fault with Titanfall 2 was the maps, some really bad ones. I sold it before the Livewire update came out - has the game improved significantly content-wise, I might pick it up again?

There have been a few, good maps added since then. Most remakes from Titanfall 1 but there is a completely brand new map called Glitch which is good

GOTY 2016. One of the greatest single player shooter campaigns and the best multiplayer in years. I'm not a multiplayer kind of guy but I still go back to it every so often because it's so fun.

HooYaH

It's okay, not that great of a campaign as it hyped around here. Minor quirk are how the developer handle those level transitions are pretty annoying.

mocoworm

Campaign is amazing, but I didn't play multi at all, which is weird considering I put over 200 hours into Titanfall 1 online.

Nyx

One of the best campaigns in years and probably the best controls in a shooter since MW?

I don't play enough to be good in MP, but I still play some matches from time to time cause it just feels so good to play!

Worth full price, a steal when bought in a sale.

AlphaMale

Saw that it's $20 on PSN, worth it? I was a big fan of the 1st one but never bought this one because of BF1 and Rainbow Six

I bought it for full price when it first came out, and was worth every penny! The single player campaign is fantastic!
So yeah... $20 is totally worth it!

MP is really good and there's a dedicated community with content that I believe is all free. SP campaign absolutely blew me away because I wasn't expecting much. What I got was the best FPS campaign since HL2.

Incredible game. One of the best FPS campaigns I've played in years, and the multiplayer is a blast of course. Just buy it OP, you won't regret it.

I'm not even really into FPS games, but because of threads like this I saw a copy in Best Buy earlier this month for $16 and picked it up without hesitation.

An awesome game that I have zero regrets buying day 1. Excellent gameplay, excellent multiplayer, excellent campaign, excellent post release support.

Have I said how excellent the game is?

Alienous

Just like the Free Weekend they had a while back I'm finding that the multiplayer experience is really map dependent.

I've never played a game before where I feel like each attempt to matchmake is rolling the dice on whether or not I'll have any fun. I'd love to blacklist some of these maps.

Tawpgun

It's almost universally praised on GAF.

Campaign is one of the best shooter campaign in years and is very bite size and fun to play through. Especially at a cheaper price.

If you're into FPS Multiplayer its also got that done really well.

Yu Furealdo

As someone who liked the first Titanfall, I did not enjoy this one's multiplayer at all. Some people like it but imo it's boring and there are not many players at all.

I'd pick it up for the single player and upcoming horde-esque mode tho.

Im not a huge fan of the MP to be honest. its good but its just too twitch for my old ass. SP is brief but pretty fun and the post-release support has been great. Looking forward to Frontier Defense.

Its pretty much a steal at $20.

Scothas36

Neo Member
I'd recommend the single-player campaign to anybody. Didn't spend too much time in the multiplayer, though (I rarely stick with an game's MP unless I'm with a party).

I was so impressed by the range of movement available once you became competent enough to zip around the place. If you haven't played it, you're missing out on a great game.

Also, first post, hi NeoGAF!

cooldawn

It's a great game but I think the campaign is hyped a little too much around here. There's nothing that's drop-dead amazing but people seem to rate it highly in respect of puzzle solving and mechanics. I just don't see the innovation there.

Multiplayer is probably the best in class this generation. Probably the sharpest controls and response I think I've ever played in a first-person shooter but it is content light...even after free DLC.

Overall, though, it's a great package at that price.

Markitron

Is currently staging a hunger strike outside Gearbox HQ while trying to hate them to death
Speaking strictly about the campaign here, but I think it's a very overrated shooter. The campaign is great but nowhere near as good as was made out. There is really only 2 standout sections and the rest is fairly standard FPS fare. Still a solid 8/10 IMO and well worth playing, just don't go in expecting some amazing experience.

I thought both Doom and Infinite Warfare were better.

Top Bottom