• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

THR: Behind the scenes of 'Marvel's Inhumans'

Kinyou

I remember the hope that they'd have a decent budget with Imax backing the production.

Maybe they spend it all on their trip to Hawaii

Rootbeer

Banned
What a disaster... for years people have been speculating that Marvel wants to push Inhumans as a way to essentially replace the X-Men since they have complete control over it as a property... do people still feel that way after this dead in the water effort? Sure as hell doesn't feel like that is their grand plan if they are coming out of the gate with this.

Inumans will be stuck in third-rate purgatory.

What a disaster... for years people have been speculating that Marvel wants to push Inhumans as a way to essentially replace the X-Men since they have complete control over it as a property... do people still feel that way after this dead in the water effort? Sure as hell doesn't feel like that is their grand plan if they are coming out of the gate with this.
Of course not. It went from a MCU film down to a Buck project. They sent it out to die.

jon bones

hot hot hanuman-on-man action

Inumans will be stuck in third-rate purgatory.

the second Perlmutter was demoted, Feige killed his pet project

Scott Buck in a nutshell.

Buck: What do people like about Dexter?
Poll: The family dynamics and Dexter having to hide his true self. Rooting for him while secretly knowing he has to face justice eventually.
Buck: Okay, let's make his sister want to fuck him, have him kill everybody he knows, and then get away with everything.

Buck: What do people like about Iron Fist?
Marvel: Over the top Kung Fu and Magic.
Buck: Okay, let's make a low rent Arrow ripoff with a bunch of faux corporate intrigue and very few fight scenes.

Buck: What are Inhumans?
Marvel: A conclave of super-powered, alien-looking non-mutants that live on the moon. There's a royal family with a Queen with magical hair and a giant teleporting dog.
Buck: Okay, first shave the woman and kill the dog. Also, no powers. And they all look just like humans, and nix the Moon, set the whole thing on Earth.

Can't wait to see what he does on Star Wars IX

Meanwhile, some insiders say Lockjaw eventually disappears from the story because the production couldn't afford the continued cost to deliver the huge canine.

"Sources say that Black Bolt loses his powers in the first episode and talks normally through the whole series, as a non-talking lead character was too much of a challenge for the writers"

"Sources say that Black Bolt loses his powers in the first episode and talks normally through the whole series, as a non-talking lead character was too much of a challenge for the writers"

We've reached the point where I don't know if you've just made this quote up or it's actually legitimate...

Ceallach

Smells like fresh rosebuds
Inhumans was doomed to fail. You can't produce a series that respects the characters on a tv show budget. And there are also a lot of Xmen fans with contempt towards the Inhumans due to Marvels shenanigans trying to replace mutants with inhumans.

I'm thinking it's more like Feige won't be allowed near it if it gets made.
But Perlmutter stepped down wouldn't he still be in charge with the movie?
Inhumans was doomed to fail. You can't produce a series that respects the characters on a tv show budget. And there are also a lot of Xmen fans with contempt towards the Inhumans due to Marvels shenanigans trying to replace mutants with inhumans.
If Marvel were to make something good out of the Inhumans the X-Men fans would still watch it.

I'm curious as to why he wasn't interested in Inhumans. The only thing I can think of is it wasn't a Marvel property he is fond of.

I don't think it's not that Feige is not interested but it was always a pet product by Pelmutter and he dragged it with him when he was set aside for the tv brand.

Probably if Pelmutter never had shown any interest in the characters, they would have had a movie eventually.

I remember reading someone saying that Cap Marvel was Feige's pet project and Inhumans was Ike's, so they basically mutually agreed to put them both on the schedule. And then, after the split, Feige took it right off because he had no interest in it.

Cuburt

I can't even laugh at this show, I just feel bad.

I know actual babies that took longer to fully conceive than this show.

By the way, in the scene where Medusa gets shaved, I'm pretty sure they never actually cut the wig itself - Maximus kind of awkwardly stands behind her snipping at air, then there's a close up of Medusa's face as they drizzle some shaved hair in front of her, then she's bald.

They couldn't even afford to cut the garbage wig that they were scrapping for the rest of the show.

lol I never thought about that. In fact, Serena Swann shaving her actual head could have been a cost saving move as well since giving her a makeup/prosthetic shaved head would have been work and cost money they evidently didn't have.

jon bones

hot hot hanuman-on-man action
I'm curious as to why he wasn't interested in Inhumans. The only thing I can think of is it wasn't a Marvel property he is fond of.

Feige wants Black Panther, Captain Marvel and I still believe an Asian Namor.

Perlmutter has a very different idea of what the demographics of the MCU should be and his Inhumans match that.

Top Bottom