• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D. is coming back sooner than expected

Link.

Marvel’s Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D. will return to ABC sooner than expected.

Back in May, it was announced that S.H.I.E.L.D. wouldn’t be on the fall schedule. Instead, Marvel’s Inhumans would be paired with Once Upon a Time on Friday nights for the former’s eight-episode run. While it seemed S.H.I.E.L.D. wouldn’t be back until January, ABC Chief Channing Dungey offered up some good news for fans of the Marvel drama.

“It’s going to come on right after Inhumans,” Dungey said at the Television Critics Association’s press tour Sunday. “As soon as the eight episodes of Inhumans is done, then S.H.I.E.L.D. will begin.”

Thanks to the Inhumans run, Dungey also noted that S.H.I.E.L.D. will air its 22-episode season mostly uninterrupted.

Marvel’s Inhumans will first debut in IMAX on Sept. 1 before premiering on ABC on Friday, Sept. 29 at 8 p.m. ET.

jon bones

hot hot hanuman-on-man action
the only good thing the inhumans will have done is serve us up 22 episode of AoS straight through

KarmaCow

Oh wow, I didn't know it got a full 22 episode season. Will they be following a similar ~8 episode arc format if they plan on running with no breaks?

Can't wait. Last season was fantastic.

You missed the best stuff of the season.

Well it's 3 arcs, but either way, it was amazing, introduces one of the best villains Marvel has ever put out.

It's better

it's incredible

As someone who could honestly take or leave the entire show up to the exact episode you stopped watching, it was actually good.

The second and third arcs are better then the first.

Thankyou all. Guess I better find time for it.

I wonder if the show would be better off having 10-12 episodes instead of 22. I always thought their was a lot of filler episodes every season and some parts sorta dragged on. Still love he show, ghost rider is awesome.

LotusHD

Banned
I wonder if the show would be better off having 10-12 episodes instead of 22. I always thought their was a lot of filler episodes every season and some parts sorta dragged on. Still love he show, ghost rider is awesome.

This feels like a weird thing to say now given how widely praised Season 4 was, namely due to it having 3 interconnected arcs as opposed to one big one. I would very much like them to do repeat the same format for this season, or something similar.

Vic_Viper

Great news. Last season was awesome! Never seen a show split up into 3 arcs like they did last season and it worked out so well. I hope they stick to that from now on.

Wag

So Inhumans is so bad they have to put on something people actually want to watch after it?

StudioTan

Hold on, friend! I'd love to share with you some swell news about the Windows 8 Metro UI! Wait, where are you going?
Awesome, I seriously miss this show.

jelly

It's probably one of the best if not the only long run show in recent times that works over 22 episodes, probably because they contain and complete a few arks within a season. It's a fantastic way to do it.

I do wonder if this season coming back so soon is because the setting is very contained going by the end of last season, that might make it easier to film at least for the first part.

Fuchsdh

THANK GOD.

They said that they recognized the overwhelmingly positive response to it this past season, so its hard to imagine they'll stray from a winning formula.

Hopefully so. It's really the perfect antidote to meandering Netflix shows with little payoff, or mythology heavy arcs that don't actually get tied up at season's end. Agents of Shield, especially in its last season, has been one of the most consistently well-plotted series I've seen recently, and in the current television landscape that's an incredible plus.

Not getting interrupted would also be nice. It's still weird how old school TV rules still kick in with stuff like breaks in seasons.

Top Bottom