• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Thundercats Returns.

Status
Not open for further replies.

bone_and_sinew

breaking down barriers in gratuitous nudity
Holy shit this actually looks awesome and not a cash-in on a trend to remake shit that rapes my childhood.

Dali

ckohler said:
Here's a new 30 second promo. Dali, your concerns about Lion-O's power up appear to have been averted. It looks to be a direct copy of the '80s version.

ThundercatsPromo2.mp4 - 17Mb
I dunno, man. The transformation in the original was like super high quality, like the OP. What I just saw didn't look any different from everything else other than some dynamic camera angles. I guess it's not a big deal if the package as a whole is quality. So July 29th, eh? I guess I need to find a date or make some plans, so I can cancel them to watch a children's cartoon.

Qwomo

I just watched that trailer again, and there's something in the linework that I don't like. I can't put my finger on it. I feel like they're too thin, maybe.

Aside from that an the bad CG, though, it does look great.

Catalix

And on the sixth day the LORD David Bowie created man and woman in His image. And he saw that it was good. On the seventh day the LORD created videogames so that He might take the bloody day off for once.
Insane Metal said:
That looks like shit.

Somebody's ruining my childhood. =(

Wat. And beyond nostalgia glasses, the new show would have a hard time not being better than the original. Terrible writing outside of the concept and the animation was atrocious beyond the anime opening sequence.

the chris

Insane Metal said:
That looks like shit.

Somebody's ruining my childhood. =(
DsHvE.jpg

krypt0nian said:
Wat. And beyond nostalgia glasses, the new show would have a hard time not being better than the original. Terrible writing outside of the concept and the animation was atrocious beyond the anime opening sequence.
Looks as generic as any cartoon on tv today.

Will not watch.

Insane Metal said:
Looks as generic as any cartoon on tv today.

Will not watch.
You could wait until you see the one hour thing next week. I mean, even the 9 min promo looked far better than the trailer.

But w/e, do yo thing.

krypt0nian said:
Your choice. It's still heads and tails over the original.

Seriously This.

The original show does not hold up well at all.

Very happy with what I've seen of this reboot.

Will watch the premiere.

Damn the haters.

The original still holds up, with a healthy side of CHEESE.

Anyhow, theater was playing a preview of this before Captain America tonight. GOD DAMN!

I AM EXCITE!

RPGCrazied

They are running the trailer at movie theaters? That's one way to get word out. I just saw the trailer on CN, looks really good. I wished they would've axed Snarf though, really didn't like him at all in the old series.

Also wish it was a remake, not a re-imagining.

As a fan of the original, I have to say that this new one looks good. I'm still worried about Panthro, but I have a good feeling about the series. Seemed to go deeper into the backstory, the animation was full and done very well. Everybody was updated while still recognizable (except maybe Panthro). We'll see.

Also, I hope eberyone has theme songs like in the original. Doesn't have to be the actual updated old songs (that would be nice) but themes for each character really added to the original cartoon. Let you know that they were done talking and it was time for business.

RPGCrazied

So is this a weekly thing, or just a mini series? The premiere is an hour long. The old series has like 130 episodes. They have a lot of material to use, even tho they seem to not be using much from the old series.

Vanillalite

Ask me about the GAF Notebook
This IMO looks waaaaayyyyy better than the Voltron reboot they are doing. I'm down on the Voltron reboot, but I'm totally up for this actually!

Binabik15

I have never watched Thundercats as a child (filthy European and all), so I´ll give this a shot if it turns out to be good.

Lizzard thingies with robots and rockets? Nice.

tmdorsey

Want to chime and say I have been checking out the old series on CN and I agree completely with those saying it stills holds up well today. Better than most of the old cartoons from the 80s I've tried re watching for sure.

I checked Netflix and see that only the first 2 seasons are on DVD. Are episodes from the other seasons no where to be found yet?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom