• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

TIBERIUM Officially Announced (PC/PS3/360). FIRST SCREEN INSIDE.

There's an 8-page feature of this game in the latest GamesTM. I haven't read it yet but the dozen or so screenshots they have look kinda crappy. I guess it's an early build.

~Devil Trigger~

In favor of setting Muslim women on fire
Anerythristic said:
Buy this game or else.
Ed-209.jpg

Classic movies vilain right there

as for the game.... meh, need more for hype

CamHostage

Borys said:
So they send out an official PR that has official www address inside (www.tiberium.com) while that site is still dead.

Classy EA.

Doesn't bode well for the game.

Actually, I can't think of a press release in years that has had a working URL in it. Even when they link back to just the publisher's official site, it's usually linked by text that goes, "For more information on this title, please see www.publisherwhoever.com", and when you go to that website, there's not even a posting of the press release much less a page with more information about the game. This, I have not understood for so very long, and it happens every time.

Mrbob

I read the preview in GI, and while the game sounds cool, so did MOH: Airborne when GI first blew the lid off the game years ago.

FFChris

AltogetherAndrews said:
The art style might in that case be excused based on unity number and distance though.

Exactly.

Perfectly fine to have big, blocky units in a zoomed out RTS, but not really great up close.

Jacobi

Banned
The Stealth Fox said:
I'm not buying it if there's no online C&C mode in this.

The only thing that ruined Renegade online was the shitty netcode.
They announced a mode like this and yes, this would make me buy too

Funky Papa

FUNK-Y-PPA-4
Wow, that is way more than just slightly dated. I don't know about the engine, but the "lighting" is particulary embarrassing, it looks like a BF2 total conversion. And with some seriously bad art to top it.

Oldschoolgamer

The physical form of blasphemy
Damn...the game couldn't look more silver and grey, if you held up the collective pockets of all the change carrying individuals in america, took their nickels and dimes, melted them, and poured them on the disc. "/

Aside from the color scheme, I like the gun. The fact that it transforms like an autobot, invokes some child like need to smile and glee like I was looking at a new toy. Also, the fact that you can call in troops, and jump like the crysis guy makes this look fun.

GrayFoxPL

Anyone notice in that GT show when dropship drops a mech, he runs for 10 meters like a cartoon character, a happy bunny sort of thing, and then animation switches and he slowly stomps like a wounded giant.

Hilarious!

WrikaWrek

Banned
This game has no style. It looks like such a mundane effort.

I don't understand, doesn't the Director look at the art designs and thinks "This is a lame armor, these soldiers look lame, this environment looks empty and has no style" etc?

Well, the gun looks cool, and the game seems to run well.

geoffmk

Geoff Keighley
Guys -- Game is on Unreal Engine 3. The developers mentioned that to me during the interview but we had to cut it out for time.

Geoff Keighley

geoffmk said:
Guys -- Game is on Unreal Engine 3. The developers mentioned that to me during the interview but we had to cut it out for time.

Geoff Keighley
Dind't knew Geoff posted on GAF :p

Thanks for clearing that up. Certainly didn't look like CryEngine 2.0 to me.

Zenith

Banned
WrikaWrek said:
This game has no style. It looks like such a mundane effort.

I don't understand, doesn't the Director look at the art designs and thinks "This is a lame armor, these soldiers look lame, this environment looks empty and has no style" etc?

Well, the gun looks cool, and the game seems to run well.

I thought the guns had the worst style. vehicles I could live with.

Willy Wanka

my god this avatar owns
TemplaerDude said:
god i hope this doesn't blow absolute chunks like renegade did.

what a shitty game.

I thought Renegade's multiplayer was pretty good.

Tiberium looks quite decent too but the graphics in that video were a little too grey/brown for my liking. Hopefully the squad tactics part of the game is quite deep.

Willy Wanka said:
I thought Renegade's multiplayer was pretty good.

Tiberium looks quite decent too but the graphics in that video were a little too grey/brown for my liking. Hopefully the squad tactics part of the game is quite deep.

the multiplayer was decent at best, which wasn't enough to save the game from it's numerous other generic faults.

yea it looks pretty intense so far. the gun looks like it was ripped right from republic commando though, size and different firing modes and all.

Haunted

Renegade was cool because it managed (at least in some of the SP missions, but largely in the MP) to put you into the fight that you previously only saw from a birds-view top-down perspective. I enjoyed blowing up RTS buildings from the inside. Then again, I was a pretty huge C&C nut back then, so I'm probably biased. :)

This on the other hand... looks pretty average and generic so far. Republic Commando and BF 2142 were the first games that came to mind.

Top Bottom