• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Timberwolf |OT| Get ur indie ass in here! (Free for GAF!)

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm almost done with my first listen through, just started Winchester. Really amazing, about half way through I posted it on a few of my friends Facebook walls that should also enjoy it and hopefully some other curious bystanders will check it out as well.

You have talent that you can't give up on. Keep at it and I bet you can make it big.

Also on first listen through I didn't really hear any weak links. I actually enjoy songs like Into The Woods, but I can see how others wouldn't. The obvious standouts for me are Winchester (most of the way through it now), My Life In A Cave, and I'm Fine Without You.

Fidelis Hodie

Infidelis Cras
I'm almost done with my first listen through, just started Winchester. Really amazing, about half way through I posted it on a few of my friends Facebook walls that should also enjoy it and hopefully some other curious bystanders will check it out as well.

You have talent that you can't give up on. Keep at it and I bet you can make it big.

Also on first listen through I didn't really hear any weak links. I actually enjoy songs like Into The Woods, but I can see how others wouldn't. The obvious standouts for me are Winchester (most of the way through it now), My Life In A Cave, and I'm Fine Without You.

Thanks man, I really appreciate it. If you would be so kind as to give the Timberwolf page a shout and like if you already haven't, I'm sure you might make that Timberwolf dudes day.

It's really encouraging to me to see peoples stand outs being so different. It's one thing for me to be psyched about the material, but another to see it branching out and catching people in different spots. Oddly enough, Old Soul is the one I hear as favorite for a lot of people, which I didn't see coming at all.

I'm with you on I'm Fine Without You, though. The female vocals just make me so happy.

Fidelis Hodie

Infidelis Cras
Would you happen to have a tab sheet for Eternal Sunshine? Or maybe just let me know the chord progression?

I don't have the tabs, but I can write one up. I've actually had a few inquires about it and have been meaning to sit down and do it. The song is in open G tuning and is heavily riff based, so chord progression isn't really a factor outside of the chorus, which I've never really sat down and worked out what the chords actually are. Just felt right writing it/ everything is based off the key of D.

But I can start you off with a DGDGBD tuning + 11-9-7(a string) to 7-9 (low e) is the opening riff if that helps.

I'll make an actual tab after I get back from camping.

Congratulations on all of your success! I'm glad to see that more publications are taking notice of your work. Your album still gets plenty of play from me. Looking forward to all of your future work.

MrOogieBoogie

BioShock Infinite is like playing some homeless guy's vivid imagination
I've got to say, your album is terrific. Somebody recommended it to me in another thread and I've listened to the entire thing a few times now.

Seriously, excellent work.

Roofy

Awesome stuff! I had honestly never expected to hear Math-Folk in my life.

I'll post updated impressions after a thorough listen

Meohsix

Finally got a chance to listen to it today, its pretty damn good!
My favorite tracks are probably Old soul, Winchester and Into The Woods, Night II.

I wish Night II was longer

Roofy

I'm really loving Old Soul and Eternal Sunshine. Definitely an album I can listen to while I study. Coincidentally, I'm a day away from my last exam of the semester and have been doing just that ;)

Fidelis Hodie

Infidelis Cras
Finally got a chance to listen to it today, its pretty damn good!
My favorite tracks are probably Old soul, Winchester and Into The Woods, Night II.

I wish Night II was longer

Glad you finally checked it out and approve!

I, too, wish Night II was longer, and in it's original state it was much, much more so. Just didn't want it to drag.

I'm writing a lot of material this past week that is in that vein though, so you'll probably dig it. Super deep, acoustic riffs with an LCD Soundsystem build. That's the plan anyway.

I'm really loving Old Soul and Eternal Sunshine. Definitely an album I can listen to while I study. Coincidentally, I'm a day away from my last exam of the semester and have been doing just that ;)

Thank you! I know the feeling on study music. Glad I can help :)

Fidelis Hodie

Infidelis Cras
So to anyone interested, I'm playing a small acoustic set at the kbitz room tomorrow night around 10:30pm. I think I have one on Sunday too, but it's not locked yet. Would love to see all!

Glad you finally checked it out and approve!

I, too, wish Night II was longer, and in it's original state it was much, much more so. Just didn't want it to drag.

I'm writing a lot of material this past week that is in that vein though, so you'll probably dig it. Super deep, acoustic riffs with an LCD Soundsystem build. That's the plan anyway.

Thank you! I know the feeling on study music. Glad I can help :)

You just sold me so hard

Fidelis Hodie

Infidelis Cras
Tonight's the night!

528053_659188893846_2045408487_n.jpg

Fidelis Hodie

Infidelis Cras
So if ANYONE is even close on this Thursday on this week in Nashville, I'm playing a house show! If you're around in Nashville, please hit me up.

so I JUST heard the bonefish cover. That was pretty awesome, especially considering I LOVE the original.. Still listening to your album too, been spreading it around to some of my friends/classmates.

Fidelis Hodie

Infidelis Cras
Give me an update on all this. How's it going?

Damn, it's cool to see someone cares.

It's going relatively slower than a couple months ago, though that's more the nature of my life right now and other things picking up. The reviews kind of stopped, but I still periodically push it with emails to newer blogs and whatnot. I've played a couple shows, attempted to put together a band out in LA, played a great house show last month in Nashville, and began writing material for a second Timberwolf album.

Other than that, I've been working a lot on a more rock-centered project ("Luffy") and I actually have a band for it already put together. The Timberwolf side of things will never go away for sure, but the second Timberwolf album is on the back burner for the next couple months.

I'm also working toward producing a couple music videos for it and 2 ep's for other material under the moniker.

Fidelis, I hope you don't mind but I played and sang Eternal Sunshine for some friends last weekend. I did give you props though.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom