• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Timberwolf |OT| Get ur indie ass in here! (Free for GAF!)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Fidelis Hodie

Infidelis Cras
Fidelis, I hope you don't mind but I played and sang Eternal Sunshine for some friends last weekend. I did give you props though.

Hell yeah dude. You figured it out yourself? That's pretty impressive.

Just wanted to bump this as I listened to your album today again for the first time in a while and still really enjoyed it.

Thanks man. Timberwolf kinda fell to the wayside this summer as I started another band, but I've started working on an EP for release this winter. :)

Puddles

Banned
By the way, I learned how to play Bron Yr Aur (not Bron Yr Aur Stomp) from Physical Graffitti. It's a fun song to play. You should try Open C sometime. And if you tune the E down to an Eb, you get Open C-minor, which is quite dark.

Fidelis Hodie

Infidelis Cras
When the hell is Luffy playing again?

Playing 2 shows in the next week and a half. Christmas themed House party on the 8th and at los globos in los feliz-ish on the 11th.

Fidelis, your soundcloud totally made my day. Where can I give you monies for this

Dude, thank you so much! You can search timberwolf on itunes or amazon to find the mp3 (and amazon for an actual cd release) or you can order the physical album here.

Fidelis Hodie

Infidelis Cras
They're all pretty similar. I'd go with whatever you're the most comfortable with.

And now, looking through iTunes, apparently someone else has released a "Timberwolf" album, so make sure you buy the one with the cowboy lookin' dude on the front. Not the pirate looking chest.

Kinitari

Black Canada Mafia
Worked on two new songs today. Playing an acoustic set in Nokia Live tonight for a bit. Timberwolf lives.

Motherfucker, my roommate (A gaffer) just started playing winchester and I was like "Holy shit this is amazing, what is this?" and he told me.

Keep that shit up man.

Convenient this thread would pop up again, as I returned to the album earlier today. Currently diving into the newer releases. Glad to see that Timberwolf is still howling.

I'm hoping to buy the album soon, given all the times I've played through it on my ipod at one point or another since you gave it to gaf for free.

What way gives you the most money?

Fidelis Hodie

Infidelis Cras
Hey man. How's the new album coming along?

It's . . coming. I've got a few demos made up, but nothing really concrete. I'm definitely going to start releasing a couple EP's I think.

Convenient this thread would pop up again, as I returned to the album earlier today. Currently diving into the newer releases. Glad to see that Timberwolf is still howling.

Releases? I haven't released anything . .

I'm hoping to buy the album soon, given all the times I've played through it on my ipod at one point or another since you gave it to gaf for free.

What way gives you the most money?

Haha, no worries man. I'm just glad people are listening. The createspace link gives me the most for sure, and you get a phsyical copy. Otherwise, they're all pretty similar.

Fidelis Hodie

Infidelis Cras
I could have phrased that better. I meant the latest postings on your soundcloud.

Ahhhhhh, that makes more sense. I started another band (rock and rooolll) and I've been posting that on my soundcloud for sure. The reason I asked is because there seems to be someone else attempting to release music under the Timberwolf moniker and I was curious if you found it.

Hop

That girl in the bunny hat
Ahhhhhh, that makes more sense. I started another band (rock and rooolll) and I've been posting that on my soundcloud for sure. The reason I asked is because there seems to be someone else attempting to release music under the Timberwolf moniker and I was curious if you found it.

Yea, there's a few "Timberwolf"s just on Bandcamp. So obviously you just need to make yourself way more popular and more successful so you can force them to change names :p

Not sure what the politics of the music industry are (yet), but is there anything to prevent others from using that alias?

Also, would you mind listing a few of your musical influences/inspirations?

EDIT: Just read that theyorker interview, lists them there. Ha. My bad. Glad to see Kanye love. One of my main inspirations, as well.

Fidelis Hodie

Infidelis Cras
Yea, there's a few "Timberwolf"s just on Bandcamp. So obviously you just need to make yourself way more popular and more successful so you can force them to change names :p

It's definitely been my plan of attack all along. :p

Not sure what the politics of the music industry are (yet), but is there anything to prevent others from using that alias?

Also, would you mind listing a few of your musical influences/inspirations?

Other than legal action like a cease and desist, which I don't have the money to really make happen in a court system (..if that's how it even works..), I don't really know. I should ask an entertainment lawyer.

Inspirations and influences are pretty easy for me, though they differ between projects. As far as Timberwolf goes, Frightened Rabbit and The Tallest Man On Earth are probably my biggest influences. Otherwise it kinda goes by song. Radiohead (especially In Rainbows) is another big one for me, along with James Blake. He's so damn minimalist on his album, I really tried to achieve something along those lines with the samples (Into The Woods for example).

Another more odd ball influence is LCD Soundsystem, which I think really comes out in the longer songs (like Winchester). I really want to make a more stripped down, folk driven sort of LCD Soundsystem album for timberwolf. More groovy (like Into The Woods, Night II) stuff.

Hop

That girl in the bunny hat

It's a matter of copyrights and potential confusion; he shouldn't be worried about a dubstep artist but a country or rock one might be troublesome, and if anyone owns a proper copyright there can be trouble. Hence why The Charlatans are The Charlatans UK in the US.

Thanks, man. Glad you are enjoying it. Easily the best part of any of this is to hear other people actually seem to like it as much as I do.

Oh shit. Scanning through the Filmmakers thread, I saw your teaser for Scoundrels and was happy to see not only a great NMH parody, but Percy Priest Lake. Spent countless hours there when I was younger. Got me all nostalgic.

Fidelis Hodie

Infidelis Cras
Oh shit. Scanning through the Filmmakers thread, I saw your teaser for Scoundrels and was happy to see not only a great NMH parody, but Percy Priest Lake. Spent countless hours there when I was younger. Got me all nostalgic.

Mmm, Scoundrels. Quite the little beast of a film. Always makes me happy when someone actually gets what we were going for. It's all on youtube if you're feeling adventurous.

Fidelis this is wonderful.

I'll be spreading the word of your awesome music for sure.

Damn man, thanks for the praise. Just do me a favor and play it as loud as you can whenever you get a chance. Knowing someone is doing that makes me damn giddy.

zethren

Banned
Damn man, thanks for the praise. Just do me a favor and play it as loud as you can whenever you get a chance. Knowing someone is doing that makes me damn giddy.

For you, my friend, I shall blast it in my car with my windows down on the way to see The Hobbit tonight.

Seriously though, good stuff.

Mmm, Scoundrels. Quite the little beast of a film. Always makes me happy when someone actually gets what we were going for. It's all on youtube if you're feeling adventurous.

"Reach-arounds in hell". 5 minutes in. "Captain Arab catching Moby's dick." That's all I needed. Getting a bit of Trailer Park Boys/Flight of the Conchords vibes from the writing style/comedic timing. Good stuff. Will watch it in its entirety later this evening.

Fidelis Hodie

Infidelis Cras
"Reach-arounds in hell". 5 minutes in. "Captain Arab catching Moby's dick." That's all I needed. Getting a bit of Trailer Park Boys/Flight of the Conchords vibes from the writing style/comedic timing. Good stuff. Will watch it in its entirety later this evening.

Makes a lot of sense since I love those shows so much.

Fidelis Hodie

Infidelis Cras
Alright, it's been forever on this front but I'm gearing up for the first Timberwolf music video (thinking Old Soul). Should be done around late February if all goes well.

Fidelis Hodie

Infidelis Cras
Just started listening to this again, starting with my favourite track Winchester.

Love this man.

Thanks man. Means a lot.

Dopeness. I think that song would lend itself well to a visual accompaniment. What are you aiming for, thematically?

I dunno, I have a couple ideas. Definitely hitting the western feel hard, currently looking into replica Winchesters.

We also bought a little cannon a week ago, though for no reason other than to just . . have it.

Made someone's top of the year list. Super excited about it!

http://stndl.blogspot.com/2012/12/top-25-albums-of-2012.html?m=1

Dreaver

I just gave three songs a listen. Sounds pretty good (and relaxing). I will give the full album a listen later. Keep it up dude!

zethren

Banned
Just bumping this thread to say that since downloading Timberwolf I've listened to it from start to finish many times. I actually go to it to help ease me into the day when I work early shifts at work. Also, a good friend of mine loves Winchester. Spreadin that love for ya.

And do you have any more music? I've already got Timberwolf but Id love to throw my money at you man! I'll probably buy a couple copies of the physical cd as gifts.

Fidelis Hodie

Infidelis Cras
Thanks guys. Had our first day of shooting for old soul. Went back to the cave location I shot a lot of the promo stills for. Very, very excited about it!
424054_10100404746072993_1774546981_n.jpg

Just bumping this thread to say that since downloading Timberwolf I've listened to it from start to finish many times. I actually go to it to help ease me into the day when I work early shifts at work. Also, a good friend of mine loves Winchester. Spreadin that love for ya.

And do you have any more music? I've already got Timberwolf but Id love to throw my money at you man! I'll probably buy a couple copies of the physical cd as gifts.

Thanks dude!! I don't have any more specifically released, but I have a second band called Luffy that has some demos on my soundcloud (there is also a band camp here). Feel free to poke around and DL to your hearts content. I'll be releasing a new Timberwolf EP within the next couple months along with a Luffy full length this year.

Luffy's best two songs; Ex's and Summertime

Dear Sam Young,

I downloaded your self-titled Timberwolf album and listened to it recently during a road trip to visit family. I listen to several different styles of music (don't we all?), but Americana/folk is my wheelhouse.

I wanted to say that your album is, in a word, incredible. My wife and two year old son concur (she stated so verbally, and I'm liberally interpreting his head bobbing in the back seat). You're immensely talented and I wish you nothing but the best in your future musical endeavors. I'll buy whatever you put out next.

Sincerely,
Tragicomedy

Fidelis Hodie

Infidelis Cras
Dear Sam Young,

I downloaded your self-titled Timberwolf album and listened to it recently during a road trip to visit family. I listen to several different styles of music (don't we all?), but Americana/folk is my wheelhouse.

I wanted to say that your album is, in a word, incredible. My wife and two year old son concur (she stated so verbally, and I'm liberally interpreting his head bobbing in the back seat). You're immensely talented and I wish you nothing but the best in your future musical endeavors. I'll buy whatever you put out next.

Sincerely,
Tragicomedy

Damn.

Thank you tragic. That really means a lot. Your kid was actually grooving too?? That makes me so happy.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom