• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Tiny Tower |OT| Elevator action, Dream-Jobs & Bitbook updates

see5harp

I really wish there were a few more upgrades you could do to each floor. Like carpet upgrades or some sort of loot. Farmville is a bit irritating with the slow speed at which things move but I almost feel like there's not enough to do here, which required a lot more babysitting when you are playing.

Neki

see5harp said:
I really wish there were a few more upgrades you could do to each floor. Like carpet upgrades or some sort of loot. Farmville is a bit irritating with the slow speed at which things move but I almost feel like there's not enough to do here, which required a lot more babysitting when you are playing.
This really isn't an app you should be baby-sitting though, that's why. You check it every hour or so, do all your work that is needed for 5 minutes, and do something else. that's why it's awesome.
edit: restocked three stores and got 3 tower bux, yes!

Koodo

Banned
dallow_bg said:
0IErC.jpg
LOL

What happens when you evict a Bitizen? Is there a penalty or something?

mattiewheels

And then the LORD David Bowie saith to his Son, Jonny Depp: 'Go, and spread my image amongst the cosmos. For every living thing is in anguish and only the LIGHT shall give them reprieve.'
I just saw Link come through my Sushi Bar, wow.

see5harp

Ultimoo said:
This really isn't an app you should be baby-sitting though, that's why. You check it every hour or so, do all your work that is needed for 5 minutes, and do something else. that's why it's awesome.

That's what I tend to do, especially because you come back and you've got a lot more money. It's a fun game, I'm just not sure grinding money and drawing cards "or getting more bitizens" to build more and more floors is better than farmville, which at least has dynamic events, collections, quests, etc. I understand this is the first version and I'm hopelessly hooked at this point, but they will need to iterate and add content at some point.

Jasoco

Banned
toythatkills said:
I am so tempted to evict Priscilla P. for this.

5888535431_d12b85c3d8.jpg
It's satire.

Koodo said:
LOL

What happens when you evict a Bitizen? Is there a penalty or something?
Apparently not. This game has pretty much no punishment whatsoever. You can evict and destroy whatever you want. All you lose is Bux and the time you wait.

atre324

Ultimoo said:

I kinda agree but I think at least part of the appeal of TT is that unlike most other time management/appointment games, you actually can babysit the game if you want (grinding the elevator and finding bitizens) and there are tangible benefits for doing so.

Also absent in most other farmville type games is the notion that you can make up for not making IAPs pretty easily by just playing more, as the more time you spend (generally) the faster you make tower bucks.

A cake studio just opened in my tower, looks like it's another of those loooooong restock time but high quantity stores (like the museum and bakery). I got a game store too, but I'm not sure if I like it that much yet. I finally gave up and moved my laundromat next to my sushi bar... god they run out fast :(

ramyeon

This is unbelievably addictive... 27 floors, 46 tenants (43 of them in their dream jobs) and around 900,000 in the bank! The only thing I'm running low on is bux since I use a lot of them trying to get the right people to move in. It's proved hard finding the last person to work at my Mapple Store :/

mattiewheels

And then the LORD David Bowie saith to his Son, Jonny Depp: 'Go, and spread my image amongst the cosmos. For every living thing is in anguish and only the LIGHT shall give them reprieve.'
ramyeon said:
This is unbelievably addictive... 27 floors, 46 tenants (43 of them in their dream jobs) and around 900,000 in the bank! The only thing I'm running low on is bux since I use a lot of them trying to get the right people to move in. It's proved hard finding the last person to work at my Mapple Store :/
I'm still hesitant to do mass evictions, but my dream-jobs are so scattered amongst my tenants. No overlap anymore. Guess it's time to toss some zero's out...

Jasoco

Banned
Four times in a row I got a Big Spender VIP. Four times in a row I took them to my Mapple Store. And four times in a row they bought every one of my newly stocked MyBook's. Man, I wish that would happen all the time.
3AQmK.gif

mattiewheels

toythatkills said:
There was no reason at all to do this, but I was bored. It's my tower as it was yesterday!

http://i.imgur.com/SQHoW.jpg/IMG]

[/QUOTE]It's funny that looking at that when you're on the gaf webapp kinda feels like you're playing, ha.

Wario64

works for Gamestop (lol)
toythatkills said:
There was no reason at all to do this, but I was bored. It's my tower as it was yesterday!

http://i.imgur.com/SQHoW.jpg[IMG][/QUOTE]

There should totally be a screenshot mode that can do this automatically.

mattiewheels

Wario64 said:
There should totally be a screenshot mode that can do this automatically.
Your tower embarrasses mine, Wario. Because of this I'm evicting everyone now, dream jobs only!

Wario64

works for Gamestop (lol)
mattiewheels said:
Your tower embarrasses mine, Wario. Because of this I'm evicting everyone now, dream jobs only!

Bahahaha

Don't go overboard in evicting, you're probably better off keeping some people just to have a store fully stocked than wasting potential revenue

Meier

toythatkills said:

SQHoW.jpg
Awesome! Love the Plant Nursery. I think the Comic Store is my favorite that I currently have.

Wario64 said:
I'm proud one of my first stores was an arcade. Doesn't' seem like many people have arcades.
I've got a tattoo parlour now, the stock for it makes me laugh.

And that image (which I should have known someone would quote!) didn't take long, it took longer trying to get it fully stocked so I could get it looking nice, even though I messed up the 50s apartment and need to do that again.

It's cool though, I can just add new floors on the top pretty easy now to keep it updated, until I go mad and rearrange the entire tower. :)

Meier

Wario64 said:
I'm proud one of my first stores was an arcade. Doesn't' seem like many people have arcades.
I have an Arcade topped by a Comic Book Store and Graphic Design Studio. Nerd heaven.

dumb question: I just started, built an apt, and have an unemployed guy living in it. Now what do I do? I need 1350 coins to build anything else, but no coins.

edit: so I added a friend on here, and now my tower is gone and it appears to be letting me run his tower. Now I am even more confused.

outunderthestars said:
dumb question: I just started, built an apt, and have an unemployed guy living in it. Now what do I do? I need 1350 coins to build anything else, but no coins.

edit: so I added a friend on here, and now my tower is gone and it appears to be letting me run his tower. Now I am even more confused.
Some people reported that on Touch Arcade, sounds like a bug. Try reinstalling?

Failing that, you might have to wait for an update :(

HBP

So my iPhone screwed up syncing last night and now all my apps are screwed, I haven't played Tiny Tower all day, I am having some serious withdraw lol. I wish I could stop but I can't.

Flunkie

Banned
I want to delete my Diner so bad. I have boring stores. :(

Vegan Food, Photo Studio, Fabric Shop, Diner..

A lot of my bitizens have the same dream jobs, so when I finally land those shops, I'm gonna be rollin in the dough (and happy bitz).

Wario64

works for Gamestop (lol)
I feel like recording data for each store to see what stores are profitable and what stores arent. I have a feeling someone has already done this somewhere though

Wallach

Flunkie said:
I want to delete my Diner so bad. I have boring stores. :(

Vegan Food, Photo Studio, Fabric Shop, Diner..

A lot of my bitizens have the same dream jobs, so when I finally land those shops, I'm gonna be rollin in the dough (and happy bitz).

You think yours are boring? My three shops are a Sub Shop, a Laundromat and a Photo Studio. It's basically any shitty small town shopping center.

mattiewheels

45 tenants, 36 dream jobs...phew.

Wario64 said:
Nice ratio. I'm at 30/64 right now.

Also, a hint on extra bucks. If you get someone with a dream job for a store that you already have maxed out on dream jobs, fire someone and hire the new person. Bam extra 3 bucks.
3 extra Bux, one shattered dream :(

HBP

Wario64 said:
Nice ratio. I'm at 30/64 right now.

Also, a hint on extra bucks. If you get someone with a dream job for a store that you already have maxed out on dream jobs, fire someone and hire the new person. Bam extra 3 bucks.

Ohh, nice

That's cold! #suchagoodidea

Meier

Wallach said:
How many elevator upgrades are there? I bought the first one, but the next is 75 Bux, gat damn.
There's another at 125 (and probably more beyond that). Think I will go for it but may opt for 100k again..

DoubleTap

i hope they update it so you'll have an actual elevator floor readout instead of trying to read the nos. printed on the "dark" elevator shaft.

Meier said:
There's another at 125 (and probably more beyond that). Think I will go for it but may opt for 100k again..
I'm pretty sure 125 is the last one, I read it somewhere and, well, it's golden. Where do you go from a golden elevator?

Wallach

DoubleTap said:
i hope they update it so you'll have an actual elevator floor readout instead of trying to read the nos. printed on the "dark" elevator shaft.

I just updated to 1.1 and I think they made that text a little brighter.

Top Bottom