• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Tiny Tower |OT| Elevator action, Dream-Jobs & Bitbook updates

Wario64

works for Gamestop (lol)
Jasoco said:
Do you need to start over?

Nope. I just downloaded it. I checked my achievements and it didn't give me my 15 resident achievement, so I used a buck and moved someone in quickly and the achievement is active now, though the window popup didn't appear in the game.

A good sign of support, 2 patches since release and it's only been out for a week

FatalT

Banned
DownWithTheShip said:
Can you have more than one game going at a time?

I bought this for my wife, but now I want to play.

You bought it? That sucks man, you got conned. It's free.

Wario64

works for Gamestop (lol)
Holy crap, the text size in the friends list in the game is like Dead Rising SDTV font size. WTF, lol.

deim0s

Wario64 said:
Nope. I just downloaded it. I checked my achievements and it didn't give me my 15 resident achievement, so I used a buck and moved someone in quickly and the achievement is active now, though the window popup didn't appear in the game.

A good sign of support, 2 patches since release and it's only been out for a week

The update still bugs me that the game won't be saved in the server until I logged in again. I just restarted on a new-ish GC account! Bummer.

Interesting and fun game. Reminds me of game Dev story which is a very good thing since that's my favorite iOS game. Looking forward to wasting my weekend with this one.

deim0s

KgqTl.png

That ungrateful little shit!

Madrical

Banned
clifftrapremover said:
Interesting and fun game. Reminds me of game Dev story which is a very good thing since that's my favorite iOS game. Looking forward to wasting my weekend with this one.
Likewise, I loved Dev Story (no matter how flawed it was) and I'm addicted to this already :\

GDJustin

stuck my tongue deep inside Atlus' cookies
Cleaned house tonight - evicted everyone that didn't have at least one "9" rating. It's obviously slowed things way down - half my shops are empty now. But it'll be better for my OCD self over the long run!

I also managed to have someone move in that have 0s across the board, incredibly. I snapped a pic - will try to upload soon.

GDJustin said:
Cleaned house tonight - evicted everyone that didn't have at least one "9" rating. It's obviously slowed things way down - half my shops are empty now. But it'll be better for my OCD self over the long run!
I did a similar thing yesterday, but allowed some eights in because that's perfectly fine, really.

One thing you should have watched out for is if those nines correspond to their dream job. It's no good keeping a bitizen who's got a nine for retail when their dream job is in a laundromat, because the laundromat is where you'll want them to be working so you need them to be nine in that, specifically.

Gintamen

Love the game, it's absorbs me like so many other games of it's kind and hate GAF for recommending it.

I would like to see how much I still have in stock while ordering thing though.-_- Can't decide where to send the VIP to.

yamo

Only got 4 floors yet but this game is addicting. If you play this game and we are not already friends on Game Center, plesae add me! :)

Game Center: hongesagatame

Edit: I love lamp too

Eggo

GameFan Alumnus
The spreadsheet showing all the stores and their stock is cool, but it's missing something very important. Stores have a level requirement. I spent a ton of bitbucks trying to get a Private Eye, and finally gave up. I built one of every Service floor until it would 'force' the Private Eye to show, then I got an error message saying I could no longer build floors of that type for my level. Anyone know how many floors you need before you're able to build a Private Eye?

Wario64

works for Gamestop (lol)
Hmm, never knew that the stores had a floor/level requirement. Interesting. I've been evenly building my store types.

Also, apparently this game is the App Store game of the week.

Jasoco

Banned
That's what I wanna know. Do we know the requirement yet? And where does this information come from? Will someone be putting it in the spreadsheet?

NervousXtian

Thought Emoji Movie was good. Take that as you will.
Pre-patch a couple days ago was casually playing it as I was doing work.. then I load it up and it crashes. No biggie.. but then I realize.. it reset the game back to like 4 hours prior.

Sucked, I had gotten like 6 dream jobs during that time and built an entire new floor.. haven't actually restarted it yet.. but my 6yr old spent some time stocking floors for me.

Wallach

I give this game far too much of my attention, haha. I think when I get near being able to buy the final elevator I'll spend a buck on it since the guy really did a good job making the IAP stuff really unobtrusive.

Hige

I need more people to stare in awe at my 50+ floor tower game center friends! My GC is Hige99. I just went and added the IDs I could find in this thread.

mattiewheels

And then the LORD David Bowie saith to his Son, Jonny Depp: 'Go, and spread my image amongst the cosmos. For every living thing is in anguish and only the LIGHT shall give them reprieve.'
This is some backwards ass stuff man. This game is playing ME.

"Ok, time to stop playing. I'll just check my email and then go do something els-

*DING!*

Shit gotta restock! *plays one more hour*"

Eh, I picked it up a few days ago, from the store it looked like simtower. :(

I did play for three or so days, there was something there that kept me coming back, but my interest has completely waned. There's no game here. I mean there's no choices, interesting or otherwise.

It is very cute though.

mattiewheels

And then the LORD David Bowie saith to his Son, Jonny Depp: 'Go, and spread my image amongst the cosmos. For every living thing is in anguish and only the LIGHT shall give them reprieve.'
rc213 said:
WTH I just got a bitizen in their dream job, The comic book store and their stats are all 0,0,0,0,0.
If I'm not mistaken, the only problem with a zeros person in their dream job is that you're not getting any discount. If you don't mind it, put em in there.

Has anyone else noticed that the items the bitizen's purchase are mirrored in their chat bubble? I probably only noticed because of the "1up" from the arcade. Just thought it was weird...

I really like this game. I have 30 floors, 43 bitizen, with 36 doing their dream jobs and I have currently about 270 SPM, which is pretty okay (some shops have only two employees and two shops don't have any).

Some things that could be better:
  • while I like the look and art style, it's a bit too pixelated on the iPad
  • the 'find Waldo' mini game gets annoying, when some of them hide off screen
  • no notifications when a store is completely out of stock
  • whenever I see a bitizen with an open mouth, I immediately think of this guy here:
FSJAL_OH_EXPLOITABLE.gif

I really can't unsee it.

mattiewheels

I've seen my first and my last name used for bitizens. So I'm going to keep playing till I meet myself in the game, then be so weirded out that I never touch it again.

xbhaskarx

rc213 said:
WTH I just got a bitizen in their dream job, The comic book store and their stats are all 0,0,0,0,0.
That is not at all surprising for a person whose dream job is working at a comic book store.

Wario64

works for Gamestop (lol)
lol, I moved someone in, dream job was photo studio. My photo studio already has 3 dream jobs and the new person has crappy stats. So I fired someone, hired the new person, profited 3 bucks and evicted her. Rehired old person back. I'm so evil.

yeah right when i get a bikie shop i evicted that dude awhile back :\
and my niece deleted 2 floors of mine and got rid of 2 people with it. thanks :|

Koodo

Banned
I love getting a construction worker VIP right when I start building a new floor.

Wario64 said:
lol, I moved someone in, dream job was photo studio. My photo studio already has 3 dream jobs and the new person has crappy stats. So I fired someone, hired the new person, profited 3 bucks and evicted her. Rehired old person back. I'm so evil.
You fabulous cunt. :bow

mattiewheels

I got a game shop and my first product was used games. If there's a preorders product, I'll lose my shit.

thebeeks

Banned
Just started playing. I've been looking for a new iOS game to get sucked into. Already found someone whose dream job was to work at the hat store.

Wario64 said:
There's nothing evil about that, it's the only right thing to do!

I always hire average britizen, when I want some of my stores fully stocked. I get them in, order the third option, spend few bucks to get it done quickly and then I fire and evict them again. Why? Because I only want bitizen, when I can offer them their dream job, so unless they have a 9 in an area where I really need them, I kick them out as soon as they come in. "does this tower look like it has a damn sushi bar? No? So GTFO".

Btw, the golden elevator is awesome. Not sure if 125 bux awesome, but still awesome.

hirokazu

Anyone else pressing the top of the screen out of habit thinking it'll scroll to the top of your tower? I wish it did.

Kafel

Banned
The hat shop is now run by 3 guys who have "hat shop" as their dream jobs.

It's nice to see everyone being happy in this level.

CoG

Got this game the other day and was like, "Another Farmville type game, not playing." Picked it up to mess around with the next day, next thing you know I am six floors in. The next day 12 and I told myself I'm done. Went to delete the app this morning and am on the 13th floor, can't stop there. To my credit, I avoided paying for bitbux, sorry devs.

Top Bottom