• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Tiny Tower |OT| Elevator action, Dream-Jobs & Bitbook updates

Hige

mattiewheels said:
You're at 57 floors now, right? Wowzers. Any tips?
Hm, I don't think I have any tips that would help you since you seem to be building at a good pace and probably do the same things I do. But here's a few things that might help beginners:

-Dream jobs are more important than stats. The double stock bonus from a dream job bitizen is much better than the small discount from a bitizen with a 9. I waited until I had 15-20 businesses before I focused on evicting bitizens and using bux to move in ones with dream jobs. If you get a bitizen with a dream job in a business you already have 3 dream job bitizens in, hire them for the 3 bux bonus and evict them if their stats are worse than the current employees.

-Maximize tower bux efficiency. At best, 1 bux = 2000 coins (via 50 bux = 100,000 coins trade in). Don't waste bux if the payoff is less than that. I rarely use bux for restocking shops unless I'm about to go to sleep or I have a big spender VIP waiting to be used. I don't spend more than 1 or 2 bux to speed up construction, just wait for VIPs. Otherwise, I save bux for buying coins or gaining more dream job bitizens.

-Elevator upgrades are worth it if you actively play the game. Faster elevator means you gain bux faster. I don't think upgrades are worth it for people who only restock their products from time to time and don't use the elevator very much. But I find myself playing while on the computer or watching TV so I maxed out my elevator early on in the game.

Hige

I think I'm barely going to get a 2nd floor built today. I'll be entering 1 floor a day territory soon, methinks. :( I miss being able to get like 5 new shops in one day! My latest business was a freaking night club. Not a fan of the low stock stores except for the frequent restocking bonus.

cjdunn

Oh God, this game is a monstrosity!!! I twitch every time the elevator dings!! The notifications haunt me!

Third day, 15th floor.

Jasoco said:
I still think it's '50s. But I agree that 50's is wrong.

If you say 1950s it's correct. 1950's is not. But if you drop the 19, you need to put the apostrophe before 50 in order to signify that it's a year. '50s.
Ah, I misunderstood what you were saying before. Yeah, '50s is what it should be. Just the the game has it as 50's and 70's at the moment, so it'd be nice to be able to edit it!

CoG

uMZZc.png

Jasoco

Banned
toythatkills said:
Ah, I misunderstood what you were saying before. Yeah, '50s is what it should be. Just the the game has it as 50's and 70's at the moment, so it'd be nice to be able to edit it!
Or just email the developer.

Ultima_5

Just got this game. So far so good. Only have 6 floors at the moment. I can see this becoming a habit =)

Gamecenter name is - LasercatsDX

Please add! I don't have any friends on there!

Damn you GAF for getting me into this. I'm going to avoid the anxiety of seeing how amazingly tall everybody else's towers are, and slowly build at a nice leisurely pace (and I LOVE how the game doesn't punish you for not obsessively playing).

Edit: nevermind, figured it out...

Meier

I'm afraid it has reached the point of tedium for me. I'm also disappointed that it more or less requires the usage of Bux to fill up homes after awhile.

I have a bitizen whose name is Debbie Gibson. Her dream job is a music store.

Her birth date is different from the real life Debbie Gibson, though.

Nori Chan

Up to 15 floors now and 25 bitizens.

Just opened up a fabric shop and a new apartment. Should I try to get more bitizens to move in, or keep on working with the stores?

Oh and add me on GC: General Ice

Tobor

Noriega said:
Up to 15 floors now and 25 bitizens.

Just opened up a fabric shop and a new apartment. Should I try to get more bitizens to move in, or keep on working with the stores?

Oh and add me on GC: General Ice
I build 2 stores, an apartment, then 2 stores, an apartment...you get the idea.

Nori Chan

Tobor said:
I had that idea too, but I just got impatient and started doing it cause I wanted achievables :x lol

Stumpokapow

listen to the mad man
Tobor said:

Ultimate you need 3 apartments for every 5 stores if you want to fill the stores. If you want to go to 2 workers per store, you need 2 apartments for every 3 stores.

Ultima_5

I don't know if this is known or not, but if you move the clock on your phone forward, it allows you to skip the waiting time... Kinda breaks the game.

Tobor

Stumpokapow said:
Ultimate you need 3 apartments for every 5 stores if you want to fill the stores. If you want to go to 2 workers per store, you need 2 apartments for every 3 stores.
Yeah, I have 31 floors so far, and I did build apartments after only one store twice.

Wario64

works for Gamestop (lol)
Ultima_5 said:
I don't know if this is known or not, but if you move the clock on your phone forward, it allows you to skip the waiting time... Kinda breaks the game.

I assumed this would work when the game came out. Fuck doing this.

Stumpokapow

listen to the mad man
Ultima_5 said:

It would also be possible to SSH into a hacked iDevice and hack your game save, but why would you?

macfoshizzle said:
this reminds me of Sim Tower
It would remind me of Sim Tower as well if I'd never played Sim Tower.

And yeah, why would you move the clock forward? What's the point? If all you're after is a tower that's 100 floors tall, why not just draw one on a piece of paper? The whole point of the game is the nice feeling when you've made enough money to add another floor on, or you've helped a bitizen realise their dreams.

Or if you're Wario64, helped a bitizen realise their dream and then cruelly snatched it away from them, laughing maniacally as you run away with three Towerbux in hand =P

Wario64

works for Gamestop (lol)
toythatkills said:
Or if you're Wario64, helped a bitizen realise their dream and then cruelly snatched it away from them, laughing maniacally as you run away with three Towerbux in hand =P

Hah, look what I found in my Bitbook today.

peAVX.jpg

I have like 70 out of 80 in dream jobs, but not without consequence!

Eggo

GameFan Alumnus
I turned off notifications in the in-game menu because it was fucking me up in High Noon to have the game pause during live PvP combat to tell me that my sushi bar was ready to be restocked. However, now there appears to be a sound bug because I've lost all sound effects. The little chimes you get when you stock an item, the elevator is ready, or the jingle of money when you sell an item regularly. The game world feels so empty now. Any ideas how to fix this?

I'm worried if I delete and redownload, I may love progress. They say the game saves every 4 hours, but I think in reality it is closer to 12 hours. Don't want to lose a day's progress potentially, so looking for a safer way of fixing the bug.

Jasoco

Banned
Eggo said:
I turned off notifications in the in-game menu because it was fucking me up in High Noon to have the game pause during live PvP combat to tell me that my sushi bar was ready to be restocked. However, now there appears to be a sound bug because I've lost all sound effects. The little chimes you get when you stock an item, the elevator is ready, or the jingle of money when you sell an item regularly. The game world feels so empty now. Any ideas how to fix this?

I'm worried if I delete and redownload, I may love progress. They say the game saves every 4 hours, but I think in reality it is closer to 12 hours. Don't want to lose a day's progress potentially, so looking for a safer way of fixing the bug.
Did you try turning off and back on the audio in options?

Other than that, do you have a second iOS device you can install it on to download your saved game and check how recent it is?

Eggo said:

sound will come back eventually. i had this happen to me and it just came back lol.

Eggo

GameFan Alumnus
Turned off the iPad and restarted it and the sound effects came back. Whew. Prior to that, I'd tried reeenabling notifications and that did not fix it. Also, I do have an iPhone, but the save on there is literally a week old. Is there a way to force the iPhone to refresh the save with the latest on the server short of uninstalling it and reinstalling it every time I want to see the cloud save?

Flunkie

Banned
A restart of the app itself brings back sound for me, whenever it does drop out.

These elevators are getting expensive..

mattiewheels

And then the LORD David Bowie saith to his Son, Jonny Depp: 'Go, and spread my image amongst the cosmos. For every living thing is in anguish and only the LIGHT shall give them reprieve.'
Wario64 said:
Damn Mattie, you've caught up with me
I think it's the dream jobs, I'm at about 100%.

Gintamen

I'm loving it, like most of those kind of games, but had to delete it at the 21. floor, as someone mentioned, it had begun to play me in every single free/or not minute I had.^^

Eggo

GameFan Alumnus
I just evicted Chad Johnson. That's right...Ochocinco. I know you're unemployed, but I don't have any diners you can work in. He threw me off with the green mustache, but I knew who he was. Tweet about that!

Jonnyram

You know what?
I'm deleting this terrible, terrible game.
I just don't understand what the point is.
There's like 1 game mechanic in the entire thing.
Bye bye. Sayonara. Auf Wiedersehen. Au revoir. Ciao.
Gone.

Jonnyram said:
You know what?
I'm deleting this terrible, terrible game.
I just don't understand what the point is.
There's like 1 game mechanic in the entire thing.
Bye bye. Sayonara. Auf Wiedersehen. Au revoir. Ciao.
Gone.
Yeah, I'll delete this game too. Just one more floor ...

daevv

I deleted the game and have gone cold turkey after getting to floor 20....doesn't help my bud keeps texting me what floor he's on now...After 20 levels I've seen and done it all...I think. It was playing me not the other way around.

Jasoco

Banned
I'm on floor 35. I'm determined to get every shop and apartment type, get everyone in a dream job, get the highest elevator (Almost there!) and 100% complete this mother fucker. Even if it takes a few months. Since this isn't a game you have to play all the time. I could take a day off if I wanted to. I don't have to worry about people leaving just because I ran out of stock. They'll just wait. And wait. You could reinstall your game in a few years and it'll recover itself right back where you left off, but with empty shelves ready to be restocked.

Meier

Decided to not touch it today so I could more effectively clean house a bit. Still only at 30/69 dream jobs sadly but if I could get a Sky Burger, Mapple Store, Bank and Glass Studio, I'd be in great shape!

Technosteve said:
Mapplestore update, still no mapple store on floor 15 :(
40 floors and still waiting for a mapple store or a private eye. Floor 41 is already under construction and it's going to be a retail store.

Top Bottom