• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Titan Quest Anniversary Edition announced -- out now, free for previous owners

Titan Quest Anniversary Edition contains both Titan Quest and Titan Quest: Immortal Throne which have been completely reworked in terms of multiplayer, stability, performance, balancing, AI and much more. In rough numbers, this translates to roughly 1.261 changes to the original version 10 years ago.

For the detailed changelog, refer to this link: http://titanquestgame.com/pcchangelog/TQ_AnniversaryEdition_FullChangelog.txt

“What about the rest of us?”

“But what about those who do not have the game yet (because they were too young when it came it or had a really bad taste in games etc.) – don’t we get something for free?” we hear you scream.

No we did not forget about you. YOU very special people have the golden opportunity to get the game ALMOST for free! ;) Beginning today, THQ Nordic offers 75% off theTitan Quest Anniversary Edition for one week. This means USD/EUR 4.99 for the whole lot (regular price after the first week: USD/EUR 19.99).

More at the link

Titan Quest is one of my favorite ARPGs so i'll be diving back in. Feed me to a medusa if old.

Here's some of the major changes:

Restored and improved multiplayer functionality, including new features like a built-in voice chat and NAT resolving for best multiplayer connectivity
Support for more resolutions, larger camera distance and scaleable UI size
Improved performance and general stability
Support for modders through new modding options and a fully integrated Steam Workshop
Complete balance rework with improvements to all Masteries, damage types, unique items and sets
Countless bug fixes and other improvements, including ten years’ worth of community fixes
Increased challenges and rewards for larger parties and on higher difficulty levels
Dozens of new heroes and bosses to encounter
Improved enemy and pet AI
Quality of life features like higher stack limits, quick item pickup, a larger stash and a speed setting
Reduced cheating with curbed exploits, removal of test items and mod comparison in multiplayer
Steam Friend Invites
Steam Achievements
Steam Trading Cards

TheMoon

Nordic doing wonderful things with all the stuff they bought so far.

edit: finally a use for that old steam key from the humble thq bundle which I never redeemed because it was the edited German version - now magically transformed into TQ Anniversary Edition! :D

Tagyhag

Good stuff, downloading now.

I beat the vanilla game but apparently this doesn't break too many of the mods of the original game so I'll see what's out there.

Mengy

wishes it were bannable to say mean things about Marvel
Titan Quest was a fun game. I have the Gold Edition on disc, but I don’t have it on Steam. I wonder if there is a way for me to get it for free too? Or would I need to purchase the Steam version to get the new edition?

Spukc

always chasing the next thrill
well bought it on my iphone 6+ a while ago
wasted 10 bucks on it ran like crap.

glad to know the gave this for free!

ultra widescreen support adjusted hud .. easier to read and bigger WOW thanks !

Krakn3Dfx

One of my favorite games of all time, I have been playing with it here and there while they've been making changes. Nordic doing the work that THQ wouldn't back in the day. Bless 'em.

TheMoon

Titan Quest was a fun game. I have the Gold Edition on disc, but I don’t have it on Steam. I wonder if there is a way for me to get it for free too? Or would I need to purchase the Steam version to get the new edition?

throw your CD Key into the "add game" thing on steam. I don't know if this works but very often it accepts them.

Aru

Nice. Someone gifted me the base game but I never got the expansion. Now I have both for free!
Thanks Nordic!

I can't believe its been a decade since I first played this game... crazy. Will definitely be getting my hands on this, so many good memories.

Raticus79

Seek victory, not fairness
Alas, I am not like THQNordicFan69, but regular old Username.

TQ_1.png

TQ%20-%20Kopie_1.png

(bought)

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.

Nordic specifying the "Steam version" in the announcement and making no references to other versions leads me to believe that retail keys haven't been whitelisted. I doubt Nordic would deny you an AE key if you sent an e-mail with proof of ownership, though.

Edit: https://thqnordic.com/company/contact You'll have to upload your photo somewhere and provide the link as the form doesn't allow attachments.

This is a pretty good game it consumed one of my summers years ago. This is one of the only ARPG that I have played that belongs in the Diablo 2 tier.

Reg

Banned
Oh snap, i've had this game on steam for what seems like forever, but havn't played it. I guess this is a good time to begin.

well bought it on my iphone 6+ a while ago
wasted 10 bucks on it ran like crap.

glad to know the gave this for free!

ultra widescreen support adjusted hud .. easier to read and bigger WOW thanks !
I got it on my S7 Edge and if you use Game Tuner with it (app that let's you lower the resolution and textures for games) it's possible to get a decent framerate.

inky

Sounds amazing. As someone who still has the game and stuff like TQ vault installed this is music to my ears (can finally get rid). Can't wait to see what mods there are out there!

*downloading*

Goddammit, i just finished my first walkthrough of original (yeah, i didn't played TQ back then in 2006 so i tried to catch up what i missed now), was planing to play Immortal Throne expansion later, but now i don't know what to do. I'm not sure i can do second walktrough so soon. Still, amazing news and impressive improvements for 10 year old game, original still looked beautiful even now, those textures are insane.

Anno

Possibly the best loot RPG ever for $5 with new features? People would be crazy not to get this if they even kind of like the genre. Hopefully the rebalance isn't too drastic though.

inky

Link to the full changelog:

http://titanquestgame.com/pcchangelog/TQ_AnniversaryEdition_FullChangelog.txt

edit: already in the OP :p (wanted to post it all, but it's a lot of changes)

GENERAL
-------

+ Merged TQ and IT into one standalone game
- Fixed the "Slow Cast Bug" once and for all
- Fixed lags caused by Tower of Judgement and Crystaline Stellae scripts
+ Optimized world loading to minimize pauses and edited specifically problematic areas
- Reduced background saving when picking items below "rare" quality
- Reduced lag caused by AI failing to find a path
- Further performance improvements
+ Stash and Transfer area item files now use relative paths
- Doubled size of caravan stash
+ Added key to pick up nearby gold, relics and potions (auto pickup)
- Removed GameSpy implementation
+ Added new multiplayer and lobby system
+ Implemented NAT Traversal and NAT Proxy Connectivity Layer
+ Added support for Steam friend invites
+ Added voice chat for multiplayer parties
+ Added Steam Achievements
+ Added Steam Trading Cards

GAME MECHANICS
--------------

+ Bleeding Damage now increases by 10% per 50 dexterity
+ Poison damages now increase by 10% per 50 dexterity
+ Physical DoT now increases by 10% per 50 intelligence
+ Vitality Decay Damage increases by 10% per 50 intelligence
+ Life Leech and Mana Leech increase by 2.5% per player level
+ Pirecing damage now depends less heavily on Strength and more on Dexterity
+ Physical damage from abilities and item bonuses now scales with Strength (10% per 65)
+ Pierce damage from abilities and item bonuses now scales with Dexterity (10% per 100)
+ All Retaliation Damages now scale with character level
- Defensive Ability greatly exceeding the attacker's Offensive Ability yields diminishing returns
+ Dodging now caps at 80%
+ Projectile Dodging now caps at 80%
+ Cooldown Reduction now caps at 80%
+ Less Damage from Race effects now cap at 80%
- Special resistances against % Life Reduction and Mana Burn Damage can no longer be reduced
- Attribute points now yield 40 Health or Energy per invested point
+ Elemental Damage % bonuses now also boost fire, cold and lightning DoTs
- Fixed interferences between DoT resistances and DoT duration reductions
- Fixed passive weapon/shield attack skills not working when granted by an item
- Fixed an exploit that let characters reclaim one gravestone twice
+ Increased Potion stack limit to 25
+ Increased Scroll stack limit to 10
+ Difficulty resistance penalties now also apply to Bleeding and Vitality
- Increased enemy health bonuses with difficulty, and with more players in the game
- Increased the number of extra monsters spawning with additional players
- Enemies move and attack 5% / 10% faster in Epic and Legendary difficulty
- Enemies inflict 5% / 10% more damage in Epic and Legendary difficulty
- Player run speed was increased by about 10%
+ Players receive 10% / 20% extra experience in Epic and Legendary difficulty

dLMN8R

Does this new version have better resolution scaling by any chance?

It's an old enough game that it runs pretty well on modern hardware, but the UI gets super tiny at very high resolutions.

[edit] should have read closely!
Support for more resolutions, larger camera distance and scaleable UI size

yay!

Them getting rid of Gamespy is huge. If I recall, the last time I tried to do mp Immortal Throne was an exercise in frustration. The stuff like UI scaling, resolutions and getting rid of gamespy will help it stay playable for a lot longer.

Top Bottom