• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Titanfall 2 announcing really soon? [Up: Appears on multiple sites for PC/XB1/PS4]

Titan fall was awesome so yeah I'll def check this out. Hopefully they add more Titan types and will have more map types.... And more people who actually play things that aren't attrition.

speedomodel

Probably, but EA has been all over the place with marketing this gen that I cant say its a 100% safe bet.

I know Battlefront has SW brand behind it and all, but its shooter and the partnership EA-Playstation worked pretty well
That's a fair point. I guess we'll see what happens.

I just can't believe MS would let the brand go THAT EASILY. This was the major exclusive and I can't believe they'd let it go Multi-plat without keeping any piece for themselves.
When is the game informer cover revealed ?

Usually on Thursdays, I think. But....maybe sooner?

antitrop

Titan fall was awesome so yeah I'll def check this out. Hopefully they add more Titan types and will have more map types.... And more people who actually play things that aren't attrition.

Last Titan Standing was awesome, while there was still actually people playing it on PC. The Counter-Strike style mixed with the Titans worked so well.

Hold on, Mass Effect is now coming in 2017? No chance for this year?

Nothing is impossible but on their earnings call EA just said it would release this fiscal year and never mentioned this Fall / Holiday season. Couple that with virtually nothing being shown or explained about the game yet and early 2017 sounds like a safe bet

Titanfall was a breath of fresh air and immense fun.

I can't wait to see what they do with an established dev team and some real money behind them, instead of this mad sprint to the line from a new company.

Iorv3th

I would look out for some announcement tomorrow. If that was legit at gamestop, then it was probably a part of the march marketing kit and this guy forgot it was a leap year and put it out early.

antitrop

Titanfall was a breath of fresh air and immense fun.

I can't wait to see what they do with an established dev team and some real money behind them, instead of this mad sprint to the line from a new company.

Also without all that Activision lawsuit stuff. Between the Zampella/West drama, West leaving the company, and the Activision lawsuit, Titanfall's development was pretty fucked up. They have all that behind them now.

Just becuase people keep giving shit about the size of the image and the quality (twitter compression is a real SOB) here is a cropped version I uploaded from my phome to imgur.

j6mG4Yt.jpg

A few people where speculating what the labelling on the box was and its just generic Gamestop preorder stuff. Nothing specific about the game.

RulkezX

Hold on, Mass Effect is now coming in 2017? No chance for this year?

There is nothing confirmed at all. EA said the game will come before the end of their financial year , so of course everyone decide it would be the last possible month they could launch in their financial year.

All we know is TF2 , BF5 , Mirrors Edge and Mass Effect are all coming before 31st of March 2017

iMax

I looked at their job postings quite a few times and could never figure out.

They could still be using Source, or it could be Frostbite and they left that out of the job postings since no one outside EA would have experience with that.

Or it could be something like Unreal and they just never bothered to mention it.

Frostbite is for their other project, is it not?

Glass Rebel

I had a lot of fun with Titanfall PC and it's actually the only game I have bought for Origin (not on Origin tho, I got it from Amazon). I'm not sure if I'm gonna jump on Titanfall 2 but I'm keeping an open mind.

Between this and Destiny 2 having 3 years development time I'm glad developers are taking more time with their AAA games now instead of rushing them out ASAP.

there really cant be a ww1 shooter, it would be only pistols and bolt action rifles

Developers have made worse decisions with other games. I swear, sometimes it really makes you wonder "who thought this was a good idea"? If anyone could pull off WWI multiplayer it's DICE... but... *yawwwwwn*

Nirolak

Mrgrgr
You'd have to imagine that making a Titanfall game on a whole new engine in two years would be a huge undertaking though.
Well, it's more like three, and they did it in much less last time around given they threw out works for years on end.

Jinaar

Still playing the game on XBONE. Almost got GEN 10. I would have been there sooner if I didn't play PC first for the longest time. Game is great and has way more to offer then most current FPS games.

Also, the levels are amazingly well crafted and the skyboxes are insane. I keep seeing new things that I have somehow missed every now and then. It's great.

Still playing the game on XBONE. Almost got GEN 10. I would have been there sooner if I didn't play PC first for the longest time. Game is great and has way more to offer then most current FPS games.

Also, the levels are amazingly well crafted and the skyboxes are insane. I keep seeing new things that I have somehow missed every now and then. It's great.

Hows the population on XBONE? I haven't been on since 4 months after release... I might have to jump back on for a little. Or maybe i'll just "save it" for TF II. hmmm

Jinaar

Hows the population on XBONE? I haven't been on since 4 months after release... I might have to jump back on for a little. Or maybe i'll just "save it" for TF II. hmmm

For the most part, it sits around 4k daily. If I don't get a full match, it fills up quickly during the the course of it. Otherwise, games are full. It's been pretty solid that's for sure.

TheSeks

Blinded by the luminous glory that is David Bowie's physical manifestation.
I see TF2, new CoD, new AC placeholders at GS all the time. Even before the games get officially announced.

This. I think I've seen Titanflopall 2 placeholder boxes for like a year or so now.

Well, it's more like three, and they did it in much less last time around given they threw out works for years on end.
I feel like people keep forgetting that it came out in March '14.. It is basically exactly two years already. They made dlc and made changes.. But my release they'll have had a long time.. Probably similar to the amount of time the Call of Duty studios now get given (depending on when exactly it comes out) with the three year cycle.. And possibly even more.

For the most part, it sits around 4k daily. If I don't get a full match, it fills up quickly during the the course of it. Otherwise, games are full. It's been pretty solid that's for sure.

Well i might just have to jump on for a little. Halo 5 has been taking all my XBONE time as of late. Maybe this weekend... though Uncharted 4's beta is this weekend. Damn

CaptNink

The original is the best MP shooter I've yet to play. Can't wait for the sequel. Hopefully it generates a bigger following with a multi-platform release.

Top Bottom