• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Titanfall 2 announcing really soon? [Up: Appears on multiple sites for PC/XB1/PS4]

Acidote

That sounds terrible. Sorry I obviously can't relate as I never really played that mode, but pivoting Titanfall away from the concept of "Titans" back towards being just another futuristic parkour shooter sounds like a bit of a waste to me.

Don't get me wrong, I missed the Titans in that mode, but I CERTAINLY didn't miss the AI bots. It also needed a degree of balancing because those changes made everyone play with the Smart Pistol on that mode or be camping a lot, and that defeats what makes Titanfall fun.

The parkour shooting is the best part of Titanfall for me. I think nobody has done it better than Respawn has done it with Titanfall.

Don't get me wrong, I missed the Titans in that mode, but I CERTAINLY didn't miss the AI bots. It also needed a degree of balancing because those changes made everyone play with the Smart Pistol on that mode or be camping a lot, and that defeats what makes Titanfall fun.

The parkour shooting is the best part of Titanfall for me. I think nobody has done it better than Respawn has done it with Titanfall.

I've got to agree with you here. While i liked the titan play... i still think the pilot vs pilot gameplay was on another level compared to the "pakour shooters" of today. It was much more satisfying and the movement felt "smoother".

I also hated the AI bots. In general the game really just needs more players or to allow some portion of your team to remain pilot-only (so there arent 30 titans smashing about) but recieve some different perks or weapons or abilities as a result.

Let's say TF II goes 20 v 20 (or hell, go all BF 32 v 32 if they make some of the maps large enough) have say half of each team slotted for Titan pilots, while the other half could be Assault troops etc. Give the Titan pilots the same Titan calling mechanics but give the Assault troops some better movement options and different weapons and abilities but dont give them the ability to call in a Titan or pilot one. IDK... could workout even for some mode.

I would live a pilots v pilot modes where Titans are Ai controlled . Would give some good battles avoiding mechs and other pilots at the same time.

Either way I just want more titanfall . Movement was so good .

iMax

Has anyone posted it already?

CcdLhLEW4AAoeqG.jpg

Can't wait to see which website posts this as a legit cover.

Alx

If titanfall "2" is not going to be some direct continuation of whatever happened in the first titanfall, they just distance it from that for the new audience

Nothing relevant happens in the first Titanfall, you shoot stuff, drop titans and shoot more stuff. There, you're up to date and ready to play Titanfall 2. ^_^

Or hell, the G2 and Hemlock.

Post patch G2 is literally the most OP easy mode gun in the game with laser accuracy at any range and very decent firerate for a semi-auto even without match trigger (although it lost the 1 shot headshot attribute), Hemlok however needs some serious work to be decent at since it is underpowered.

Post patch G2 is literally the most OP easy mode gun in the game with laser accuracy at any range and very decent firerate for a semi-auto even without match trigger (although it lost the 1 shot headshot attribute), Hemlok however needs some serious work to be decent at since it is underpowered.

G2 on console maybe. On PC, it is difficult to wield without aim assist.

THEaaron

Playing Titanfall with 144hz+Freesync again and I am really looking forward to Titanfall2. I hope they introduce deeper mechanics since Titanfall is a bit too shallow, imho. Movement does not need much practice, recoil is not really worth mentioning, ...

This shouldn't be CoD with titans. :(

Playing Titanfall with 144hz+Freesync again and I am really looking forward to Titanfall2. I hope they introduce deeper mechanics since Titanfall is a bit too shallow, imho. Movement does not need much practice, recoil is not really worth mentioning, ...

This shouldn't be CoD with titans. :(

Dude.

No.

Just no.

What's your origin tag. I will show you.

nib95

Banned
Hope it has a proper fleshed out campaign this time. I feel like the concept and mechanics are perfect for it. Give me a huge alien world where I take on giant alien looking beasts in my mech, Avatar style, at the same time as being involved in some massive war or battle.

Surface of Me

I'm not an NPC. And neither are we.
Hope Titanfall 2 actually has more skillful weapons.

I loved the way TItanfall handled weapons, few unlocks meant every gun had a specific purpose. I'm not a fan of how Battlefield and CoD to a lesser extent have an over abundance of guns literally just because. And speaking of skillfull, I never saw anyone rock the Titan's chaingun quite like I did. I could go into 3 on 1 fights and come out victorious. Titan combat is so damn good. I think a lot of people missed the nuance in it.

I'd definitely like to see some stranger and more difficult-to-use weapon unlocks, yeah. Definitely don't go down the COD "5000 guns all of which are 90% the same" route, but expanding the selection in terms of really weird sidegrades that are potentially either super effective or totally useless in the wrong hands would be very cool.

Also, I loved the AI bots, and I hope they make their return. Made me feel like such a badass, even though I'm a total scrub. Plus made things feel a lot... bigger, I guess. Pilot vs. Pilot was a good time, but I'd prefer for them to refine on the formula of the original game modes rather than refocus on that..

Top Bottom