• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Titanfall 2 Is a Perfect RedBox Game

The Lamp

Ah yes the True Big spender lol

Let me guess you Day 1 every game for $59.99+ then just throw it in the backlog

Rentals are still worth it, if you could time Redbox at the right time you could walk away with a rental for close to 2 days for 1 days worth of time

Also when I used to Trophy collect it became a game of beat the clock, get play and return to kiosk within that timeframe, worked out really well!

My time is worth more than my money, and being pressured to beat a game in 1-3 days is not fun and probably not realistic with just a couple of hours for free time max every day. And no one intelligent spends $59.99 on games anymore. We have Prime and GCU.

My time is worth more than my money, and being pressured to beat a game in 1-3 days is not fun and probably not realistic with just a couple of hours for free time max every day. And no one intelligent spends $59.99 on games anymore. We have Prime and GCU.

I don't know that I'd go so far as to say "no one intelligent", but damn, prime really has saved me a ton over the last couple years.

Wensih

Wouldn't you be saving time by renting if you're pressured to finish the game in a condensed burst instead of at your leisure?

Titanfall 2 was a great redbox game. 4.5-5 hour campaign, one game session marathon on a Saturday night, $3 spent.

Wouldn't you be saving time by renting if you're pressured to finish the game in a condensed burst instead of at your leisure?

Titanfall 2 was a great redbox game. 4.5-5 hour campaign, one game session marathon on a Saturday night, $3 spent.

Yeah, this is really the way to do it with short games like this. Even if something comes up and you can't finish it, at $3 a day you can take your time before it gets anywhere near how much you would pay for a new or even used game that recently came out.

HotHamBoy

I keep hearing the story is amazing and scoffing, even from friends with similar tastes to mind.

I need to try it, evidently.

The story is not amazing, the story is generic as hell and not very interesting. What is amazing is the level design, the combat scenarios, the implementation of mechanics, etc. It's very well paced and very exciting. But the story is whatever.

Yeah, happy to support those devs who put years of their blood, sweat, and tears into a game I can enjoy for $3.

Hope we get more of these!!

/s

Happy I paid full price. The guys at Respawn deserve every penny.

1) I can't pay full price for every game I want to play, I can't even buy every game I want to play. It's not practical or sensible

2) do you have qualms about buying used?

3) do you have qualms about buying a game on sale? When TF 2 goes on flash sale for $5 are you gonna shit on people for taking advantage of that?

4) get over yourself

It's the perfect game to buy. I just grabbed from gamefly for like $12 with my $5 credit.

What do you have to say about this guy, Mikey Jr?

Mikey Jr.

1) I can't pay full price for every game I want to play, I can't even buy every game I want to play. It's not practical or sensible

2) do you have qualms about buying used?

3) do you have qualms about buying a game on sale? When TF 2 goes on flash sale for $5 are you gonna shit on people for taking advantage of that?

4) get over yourself

What do you have to say about this guy, Mikey Jr?

It's just the attitude to be honest.

It's because people are buying the game for $60 that you can enjoy playing it for $3.

Your OP, you just come in, and "I just played this amazing game for $3!!!11 Its the perfect rental game. Just rent the thing".

It's like, yeah, congrats. You beat the system.

Nothing against you personally, but TF2 was one of my favourite games in the past few years, and it sucks to see that it didn't sell as well as it should have. And threads like these just push my buttons.

And no, I don't buy used games. In fact, I go out of my way sometimes to buy digital JUST to give publishers a bigger cut of the profit and cut out retailers even though it would be cheaper for me.

Cant agree due to the fact that the SP&MP are very good and worth the time investment. Now COD:IW is an amazing Redbox game. Woke up ate some breakfast and played from start to finish throughout my day off.

I need to give this another go. I picked it up shortly after launch but never really played beyond the second (or third, I think) level. Didn't really see what all the fuss was about, and it still feels like I'm missing out.

Yeah...I bought the game for full price, played through the campaign, tried the multiplayer (not my cup of tea), traded in the game for less than half of what I paid for it. It's a campaign worth playing through, but not $80 CAD worth playing through.

CHC

Based on my time with the trial I'd be inclined to agree. I gave the campaign a shot, which everyone said was so wonderful, but I just wasn't feeling it. Didn't really have any sense of oomph or urgency or hook that really got me. Just felt like I was effortlessly gliding from room to room shooting boring robots just because.

People skipping Multiplayer are missing out:
UnequaledComplexButterfly-size_restricted.gif

Top Bottom