• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Titanfall 2's Four Player Coop announced!!

Mechazawa

How is Frontier Defense the focus of the title when the real shit has arrived.

Dfll2OI.gif
Dfll2OI.gif
Dfll2OI.gif
Dfll2OI.gif
Dfll2OI.gif
Dfll2OI.gif
Dfll2OI.gif
Dfll2OI.gif

BbXGbaQ.png

Dfll2OI.gif
Dfll2OI.gif
Dfll2OI.gif
Dfll2OI.gif
Dfll2OI.gif
Dfll2OI.gif
Dfll2OI.gif
Dfll2OI.gif

Alienous

It very clearly is.
Addition of a highly commended single player mode is a valid reason to launch with less maps...That are added later for free.

So yes, nonsense.

No, not nonsense.

My point is that I think Respawn's free DLC, including this, has consisted of things that were expected to be on the disc at launch for a Titanfall 1 sequel - for example, Titanfall 1 launched Frontier Defense for free 7 months after its launch - Titanfall 2 does the same but takes 9 months, which isn't all that commendable to me.

The game that keeps on giving. I just wish population was better on PC, since I can't reliably get a match on anything other than Attrition. Get this game, people!

Sojgat

Game of the generation gets even better.

I've stopped posting much on gaming side because Titanfall 2 is pretty much all I play now.

Rayme

My point is that I think Respawn's free DLC, including this, has consisted of things that were expected to be on the disc at launch for a Titanfall 1 sequel - for example, Titanfall 1 launched Frontier Defense for free 7 months after its launch - Titanfall 2 does the same but takes 9 months, which isn't all that commendable to me.

Hot.

Regardless; a very tired, stubborn, talented, and dedicated strike team has gone above & beyond to deliver this. They have my eternal (selfish) gratitude for realizing what was in no way a guaranteed (or ever promised, or ever charged-for) part of the Titanfall 2 package, and for evolving it far past what it was in the previous incarnation.

This feels unfair to other games that are feature complete at launch.

Like, Call of Duty could launch without Zombies and with 9 maps and it wouldn't be applauded to adding Zombies and maps from the previous game as free DLC.

It feels like the support has just been taking the game to where a sequel to Titanfall 1 ought to have been, content-wise.

I just hate all this unfair free content ruining my games. Why can't they bring back old DLC and sell it at a higher price than it was originally listed, like other games do?

Vasili2K38

Wow, my coop pals (who got recently the game) are going to love it! Even if the MP is pretty good, a coop horde mode makes this game perfect!

Hot.

Regardless; a very tired, stubborn, talented, and dedicated strike team has gone above & beyond to deliver this. They have my eternal (selfish) gratitude for realizing what was in no way a guaranteed (or ever promised, or ever charged-for) part of the Titanfall 2 package, and for evolving it far past what it was in the previous incarnation.

The majority of us really appreciate your team, so please pay no heed to that petty bullshit.

The free post-launch support has been crazy and as someone that barely has time to play games anymore, I find myself still addicted to TF2 almost a year later.

Great work and a big "thanks" to everyone at Respawn.

Izuna

Banned
No, not nonsense.

They made a full campaign, one regarded by many as the best in over a decade. MP was reworked (not to my preference but still) and this Frontier Defence has a lot of new ideas and content. Refurbishing Titanfall 1 maps takes a lot of time, which is done since there is a large user base who never played them and/or are happy to play them again.

What are you smoking...

No, not nonsense.

What?

I'm sorry but to me this is just crazy talk.
Hot.

Dude/Dudette, keep doing what you guys are doing!

TF2 is the best shooter i've played since MW2 (Maybe BF3 as I loved that too) it feels and plays great and is helluva fun, but most importantly, it really does have moments that make you stop and go "What the fuck just happened? That was badass!"

We appreciate the effort.

No, not nonsense.

man just take the loss and move on. you shared an uninformed opinion and now you're too stubborn to just admit it

0yKzfXH.gif
0yKzfXH.gif
0yKzfXH.gif
0yKzfXH.gif
0yKzfXH.gif
0yKzfXH.gif
0yKzfXH.gif

krang

No, not nonsense.

Just stop.

Iscariot

No, not nonsense.

Why are you stating Frontier Defense is a carbon copy of what was made in Tf1? We know for sure it's co-op horde mode, the rest we can speculate on from the trailer. Your assumption seems a huge leap in logic.

Hot.

Thanks to you and the team for the effort. You peeps made my favorite MP FPS since Quake 3.

McBradders

NeoGAF: my new HOME
Just as I think I'm out, they pull me back in...

Kinda bummed that Titan progress is it's own thing in this mode but totally understandable.

Can't wait to hit the frontier again. Fucking magical game.

Thank you, Respawn, you the MVP!

Edit: Also mad props for making some amazing damn trailers. Hot!

Screaming Meat

Unconfirmed Member
No, not nonsense.

Yeah, that is pretty nonsense. I think your expectations (and they are yours) seem a little unfair to me. 2 months difference is also a complete non-issue.

Hot.

You lot are doing everything right, as far as I'm concerned.

raw

I wanna give them more money for Titanfall 3, but there's no way for me to!

Buy the cosmetic stuff! Seriously, that's how I've been doing it. I never thought that I'd be paying for non-essential DLC, but I want to support Respawn and hope money getting pumped into Titanfall 2 will necessitate #3.

Bunga

Guys, quick question - am I reading the OP wrong or does it say that the demo of the game is available now to play the prologue/training/campaign mission 1 and then MP will be added on 28th?

SMOK3Y

Generous Member
Well glad i kept this installed will have to tell mate as all we love is co-op (online right?) Is this in titans aswell?

JJShadow

For those on the fence about buying this, the game is currently on offer on the EU PS Store (£15.99)

I already bought my copy, cannot wait for that glorious co-op!

Rayme

Guys, quick question - am I reading the OP wrong or does it say that the demo of the game is available now to play the prologue/training/campaign mission 1 and then MP will be added on 28th?
Right; you can download the demo version now (today). That'll let you play the Campaign demo (Training + "The Beacon"), and participate in occasional free MP weekends.

If (cough-*when*-cough) you decide to upgrade to the full version, it toggles on instantly and away you go

Well glad i kept this installed will have to tell mate as all we love is co-op (online right?) Is this in titans aswell?
Online yes, titans oh-very-much-so.

Buy the cosmetic stuff! Seriously, that's how I've been doing it. I never thought that I'd be paying for non-essential DLC, but I want to support Respawn and hope money getting pumped into Titanfall 2 will necessitate #3.
Awe man that's awesome, thank-you. I dunno how to get the sincerity across over GAFText(tm), but really that means a lot. Thanks for playing. Definitely give your feedback on that stuff, too (even if you don't get it). The people making those things care a lot about what people think; the gun skins especially.

And man you guys:
Dude/Dudette, keep doing what you guys are doing!

Thanks to you and the team for the effort. You peeps made my favorite MP FPS since Quake 3.

You lot are doing everything right, as far as I'm concerned.

<3

(And to be super super clear: I helped support the FD strike team in some tiny ways, as did others here, but the glory is theirs.)

Bunga

Right; you can download the demo version now (today). That'll let you play the Campaign demo (Training + "The Beacon"), and participate in occasional free MP weekends.

If (cough-*when*-cough) you decide to upgrade to the full version, it toggles on instantly and away you go

Sweet thanks man. Do you know if multiplayer progress is retained if you upgrade to tge full game? As in unlocks and stats etc.

I've re-bought Titanfall 2 in anticipation. After the disappointment of the Destiny 2 beta, it's nice to come back to a game that appreciates its players. Respawn, you have my thanks!

Top Bottom