• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Titanfall 2's Four Player Coop announced!!

Yes and yes.
H75CkDw.gif

Edit: Dammit I just read your edit.

Oh, Respawn, I love you so much! It looks really good and fun, can't wait to try it and the new maps look awesome! Damn, what a great game.

iMax

I mean, a lot of survival modes let you play single player if you want

Oh hang on, are you talking about this new mode? I have no idea. I thought you just meant the game in general! Don't think it's been confirmed either way. Would seem strange if it didn't support it though.

Sulik2

Now I am imagining a co-op version of the
time travel
mission. Imagine all 4 players in the same space being able to
warp between time lines.

Did Titanfall 2 provide enough content at launch to justify its full price ?

Its maybe the best campaign in a shooter ever. The campaign alone was worth the full price.

Cake Boss

Banned
YOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO THIS GAME MANG!!

Would like to see a single player expansion as well. Even like a 2 hour episodic dlc.

VeeP

I usually let our output speak for us instead of piping up like this, but I'd just like to make sure and clarify that our post launch plans were set by us at Respawn, not EA. I don't say this to take anything away from EA - they're actually great development partners on Titanfall. No feature or piece of content in the game is driven by EA. For the most part they leave development alone and function as a partner to help fund development and bring our games to market.

All that to say; if we at Respawn weren't driving for continued support of our games (that we're incredibly proud of) there wouldn't be the output you're seeing. We love our community and players and continue to burn the midnight oil for you guys. EA is happy to help us in this endeavor.

Keep up the great work. I bought Titanfall 2 last year, and still play it weekly. Probably my GOTY of 2016 (tied with Blood and Wine). I'm looking forward to your Star Wars project (please announce details soon 😓) and the eventual Titanfall 3.

Laiza

Funny thing is that this game hasn't been on my radar at all on account of being such a heavily MP-focused shooter.

This may have changed that. I'll have to see how it plays once the mode proper is actually released.

Chris1

Funny thing is that this game hasn't been on my radar at all on account of being such a heavily MP-focused shooter.

This may have changed that. I'll have to see how it plays once the mode proper is actually released.
You know it has one of the best campaigns this gen right?

And I'm not just talking FPS campaigns either.

My only reservation is if the campaign is really as amazing as everybody says. Someone sell me on it! I just need that extra push!

It's really, really good. I think it's probably a little overhyped by some fans, but I'd be shocked if you don't have a lot of fun with it.

(It jumps so frequently between new ideas and concepts that I never felt it fully escalated or elaborated enough on them, if that makes any sense. Like there's an early stage that takes place on an assembly line, leading to some seriously original FPS stage design and flow, but once the level is over that sort of thing is never approached again. There's also not really any features to encourage replayability, there's a few sections that simply aren't much fun, and for my tastes the story was only okay at best.)

But I was still happy with my day one purchase and definitely recommend the game. It's a great campaign! Just maybe be realistic about it.

Laiza

You know it has one of the best campaigns this gen right?

And I'm not just talking FPS campaigns either.
I don't pay anything more than $20 for short, perfunctory single-player campaigns.

Right or wrong, it's how I operate. Especially lately now that money is tight.

Chris1

I don't pay anything more than $20 for short, perfunctory single-player campaigns.

Titanfall 2 campaign perfunctory? I'm not sure where you got that from but it couldn't be further from the truth

It's also been on sale twice for $20 recently (At least on Xbox but I would assume PS4 aswell)

I mean it's up to you if you think the game is worth $20 or $60 or whatever I'm just saying lol. The campaign is amazing so saying the game hasn't been on your radar because it's a MP game is strange, honestly the campaign is better than the MP lol

Some will consider the campaign to be short, but rest assured its absolutely not perfunctory.

So, I wonder if Infinite Warfare would have been perceived as having more value if they had held some of that content back and gave it away as free DLC, at no extra cost to them, because that could be a good marketing strategy. This is all considering that Titanfall 2 has only recently caught up to the launch map count of Titanfall 1.

So now you're suggesting Respawn held back this content to release as free DLC?

It's obvious you have an axe to grind here for some very odd reason. Titanfall 1 was BLASTED for being multiplayer only and having no SP. Guess what they did for 2? Full, amazing SP campaign that is more creative than ANYTHING Call of Duty has done. That is value.

Call of Duty largely recycles their campaign year after year. In fact, they largely recycle EVERYTHING. Titanfall has recycled many maps, but it came with 9 new ones at launch and NOTHING has cost more money to play. No content has cost extra money.

These are incomparable. CoD sells DLC. It's a thing. Titanfall doesn't.

Top Bottom