• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Titanfall 2's Four Player Coop announced!!

DKo5

Respawn Entertainment
I've said it before and I'll say it again, being named the Worst Company in the World is the best thing to ever happen to EA.

I usually let our output speak for us instead of piping up like this, but I'd just like to make sure and clarify that our post launch plans were set by us at Respawn, not EA. I don't say this to take anything away from EA - they're actually great development partners on Titanfall. No feature or piece of content in the game is driven by EA. For the most part they leave development alone and function as a partner to help fund development and bring our games to market.

All that to say; if we at Respawn weren't driving for continued support of our games (that we're incredibly proud of) there wouldn't be the output you're seeing. We love our community and players and continue to burn the midnight oil for you guys. EA is happy to help us in this endeavor.

jediyoshi

I think it's a reasonable expectation that a new mode in a sequel doesn't mean less content in the other modes. That's fairly atypical, I think.

I just can't keep up with these goalposts of weighing overall content with any specific mode relative to its predecessor.

Gator86

I usually let our output speak for us instead of piping up like this, but I'd just like to make sure and clarify that our post launch plans were set by us at Respawn, not EA. I don't say this to take anything away from EA - they're actually great development partners on Titanfall. No feature or piece of content in the game is driven by EA. For the most part they leave development alone and function as a partner to help fund development and bring our games to market.

All that to say; if we at Respawn weren't driving for continued support of our games (that we're incredibly proud of) there wouldn't be the output you're seeing. We love our community and players and continue to burn the midnight oil for you guys. EA is happy to help us in this endeavor.

Great job. TF2 is still one of the absolute high points of this gen.

I wonder if this game will still be healthy by the time they get it up to where Titanfall was. I'd probably jump in right away if they took out all the bad maps they launched with.

Alienous

Did Titanfall 2 provide enough content at launch to justify its full price ?

That's subjective, of course, but sure.

I'm not suggesting they're scamming anyone. I'm just remarking on how, to me, the free DLC they've added has just served to bring the game to where I would have expected a Titanfall 1 sequel to be after playing Titanfall 1, given a typical FPS sequel.

Had Titanfall 2 released with the content it has now I don't think anyone would be thinking "this is a crazy amount of content" - in terms of campaign, map count, co-op it's about where a FPS sequel is. But launching relatively content starved (compared to, say, Halo or Call of Duty) then bringing it to the content level of those game with free DLC seems to have had net positive impact on the perception of the game.

So I'm wondering if a game like Call of Duty could launch with less maps and/or modes than its predecessor game, then reach that map count with free DLC, and be praised for doing so. It might be a smart strategy.

JoeLT

They've been killing it with these updates recently. Just holding out for classic Hardpoint and the obnoxious red outlines to be removed.

Raide

I wonder if this game will still be healthy by the time they get it up to where Titanfall was. I'd probably jump in right away if they took out all the bad maps they launched with.

Well, its appearing on Origin and EA Access soon-ish, so the numbers should get a good boost. Plus you will get some jumping back in when 1X launches.

jediyoshi

So I'm wondering if a game like Call of Duty could launch with less maps and/or modes than its predecessor game, then reach that map count with free DLC, and be praised for doing so.

But not overall content? I don't think that's a very interesting or relevant question.

LurkingFear

Yeah, this looks incredible.

Dear Respawn,

im sorry that you were adopted by EA and left to die. I love me some Battlefield, but damn me for not getting Titanfall 2 sooner.

The gift that keeps on giving. Prepare for Titan fall..thank you Respawn.

Also i wasn't expect Rise as a new Map. One of my personal favorite maps from the original Titanfall.

5taquitos

I love all this and don't want to sound like I'm looking a gift horse in the mouth, but another remake map?

Are we ever going to get a new original map?

As someone who really loved Titanfall and the campaign in Titanfall 2 I'm embarrassed to say I haven't even really touched the multiplayer in 2.

Don't really know why to be honest but as someone who loves PvE an awful lot more than PvP I'm going to make the point of giving this a whirl.

This feels unfair to other games that are feature complete at launch.

Like, Call of Duty could launch without Zombies and with 9 maps and it wouldn't be applauded to adding Zombies and maps from the previous game as free DLC.

It feels like the support has just been taking the game to where a sequel to Titanfall 1 ought to have been, content-wise.
how much does titanfall 2's post-launch content cost

how many titanfall 2 gameplay items (or cosmetics) are behind rng lootboxes

which is the better game regardless of content

big fake

Really enjoyed my time with this during the last free trial. Such a fun and fast paced game. Seemed to be several steps ahead of any modern call of duty I've played in terms of movement.

My only reservation is if the campaign is really as amazing as everybody says. Someone sell me on it! I just need that extra push!

Raide

Really enjoyed my time with this during the last free trial. Such a fun and fast paced game. Seemed to be several steps ahead of any modern call of duty I've played in terms of movement.

My only reservation is if the campaign is really as amazing as everybody says. Someone sell me on it! I just need that extra push!

It's a cool story with some really interesting levels (in terms of design and how they play) and fun and unique gameplay elements. A little short but it is a solid foundation for future SP from the TF series. A great taste for the MP package.

giphy.gif

nuff said

Catvoca

Banned
Glad this is finally coming. I've been disappointed by how slow the content has been post-launch, I hope this was worth the wait.

WhatNXt

They should do a de facto re-release of this game without putting it up against huge franchises. It's such an amazing game. Really nice to see EA continue investment in it. They must know its good too. And maybe even shows that they care about that sort of thing!

Cool. It really sucks that I told the people I played Destiny with to get this in the mean time when it was on sale on PSN, but they didn't fucking listen.
Assholes.

iMax

This feels unfair to other games that are feature complete at launch.

Like, Call of Duty could launch without Zombies and with 9 maps and it wouldn't be applauded to adding Zombies and maps from the previous game as free DLC.

It feels like the support has just been taking the game to where a sequel to Titanfall 1 ought to have been, content-wise.

It feels unfair to use Call of Duty as the measuring stick for what makes other games "feature complete".

Developers are free to put whatever they want in their games, charge whatever they like, and consumers are free to purchase it or not.

The value proposition of Titanfall 2 today is quite remarkable. We're talking about a very diverse, rich multiplayer experience, a single-player experience that is considered by many to be one of the greatest FPS campaigns of all time, and now a co-operative horde mode. Plus the game is about to join EA/Origin Access. What more could you want?

Alienous

You're missing my point, and I don't want to harp on about it. It was just an observation.

It has nothing to do with Call of Duty having paid DLC and microtransactions. In simple terms I'm saying that, out of the box, Call of Duty Infinite Warfare (or, say, Halo 5, or Gears of War 4) has about as much 'content' as Titanfall 2 has now. All for the same price, just it was there day one with IW (as an example).

So, I wonder if Infinite Warfare would have been perceived as having more value if they had held some of that content back and gave it away as free DLC, at no extra cost to them, because that could be a good marketing strategy. This is all considering that Titanfall 2 has only recently caught up to the launch map count of Titanfall 1.

Anyway, I feel like I've said my piece.

Top Bottom