• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Titanfall 2's Four Player Coop announced!!

Laiza

Titanfall 2 campaign perfunctory? I'm not sure where you got that from but it couldn't be further from the truth

It's also been on sale twice for $20 recently (At least on Xbox but I would assume PS4 aswell)

I mean it's up to you if you think the game is worth $20 or $60 or whatever I'm just saying lol. The campaign is amazing so saying the game hasn't been on your radar because it's a MP game is strange, honestly the campaign is better than the MP lol
Some will consider the campaign to be short, but rest assured its absolutely not perfunctory.
Perfunctory is not the right word, I suppose. I mean, I want to try it eventually - I've just been so swamped with other games to play that it's not like I'm hurting for things to spend money and time on.

Also, lol @ that console focus. Not that I blame you, considering how GAF operates. Just amusing to me considering I play on PC exclusively.

I play one (MP) game every day of T2 on PC, have since launch. Really enjoyable game, when things go your way its exhilarating although a lot of times you end up in matches of 5 v 2 or whatever and that gets pretty frustrating and annoying.

For anyone thinking of dipping into the PC pool, be aware that pretty much only the attrition mode has players. I wait usually 30-70 seconds and a game will start in that time when I play attrition. I just tried at this moment the "weekly game mode" which gives double XP, it rotates weekly, and its Capture the Flag nitro and it says the estimated wait time is over 16 minutes. So yeah, don't expect a lot of players outside a few game modes.

If you login during happy hour - tied to your clan, but I just joined 15 different clans each at a different hour and switch clans before I play - you get 5 extra merits for your first game, with just one game a day I am currently rank gen 7 so leveling is pretty easy.

Chris1

Also, lol @ that console focus. Not that I blame you, considering how GAF operates. Just amusing to me considering I play on PC exclusively.

I actually had PC aswell but I figured you had a PS4 considering it's going on EA access soon which is like $5 a month so cost more or less becomes irrelevant at that point

But it's been on sale on Origin aswell for $20

God damn. Amazing work, Respawn.
Do we have an active TF2 PC GAF community?
I'd really like to get back into this gem of a game.

Alienous

So now you're suggesting Respawn held back this content to release as free DLC?

It's obvious you have an axe to grind here for some very odd reason. Titanfall 1 was BLASTED for being multiplayer only and having no SP. Guess what they did for 2? Full, amazing SP campaign that is more creative than ANYTHING Call of Duty has done. That is value.

Call of Duty largely recycles their campaign year after year. In fact, they largely recycle EVERYTHING. Titanfall has recycled many maps, but it came with 9 new ones at launch and NOTHING has cost more money to play. No content has cost extra money.

These are incomparable. CoD sells DLC. It's a thing. Titanfall doesn't.

I've specifically said in an earlier post that I don't think they've done that.

And no, Call of Duty doesn't recycle their campaigns, that's why the quality of them varies so wildly. But the following, "[Titanfall 2] came with 9 new [maps] at launch", gets to my point - that's a really low bar for a AAA multiplayer shooter. Then "Titanfall has recycled many maps" - exactly, which for any other shooter would draw criticism.

CoD sells DLC, that's a fact. But my point was that CoD regularly launches with more content than Titanfall 2 launched with, despite both being similarly priced titles in a similar sub-genre. But not just COD, Halo 5 is another example.

Titanfall 2, plus all of its free DLC, has only really now reached the 'content' amount of its direct competitor. And yet there are responses about the support being amazing. Which is why I find this so interesting - it seems like a game with less content at launch, which reaches the content of its competitors with free DLC, gets a more positive perception as a result. But to my eyes it's still playing catch-up, even to its predecessor which launched with 15 maps, and released Frontier Defense as free DLC 7 months after release (as opposed to Titanfall 2 taking 9 months).

bounchfx

so I bought it and i'm playing MP. it's definitely solid so far, but I feel like half the shit I try to press doesn't actually do anything. like for example, when dying in my titan, it says press X to self destruct... except it doesnt actually do anything? rip :(

also wtf is up with the one hit melee kicks fml. so many people in this game just appear out of nowhere

Raide

so I bought it and i'm playing MP. it's definitely solid so far, but I feel like half the shit I try to press doesn't actually do anything. like for example, when dying in my titan, it says press X to self destruct... except it doesnt actually do anything? rip :(

also wtf is up with the one hit melee kicks fml. so many people in this game just appear out of nowhere

Gotta Mash X like a crazy person.

Izuna

Banned
Right after Destiny, so that's something. lol

Titanfall with those interesting release dates...

But tbh it makes me not want to check out Destiny 2 at all (which is a game that being left out sucks in). I'm gunna grind this out, hopefully, for at least a week or two.

Hit X three times

And yes the melee is garbage

Bessy67

Well, time to jump in I guess. Amazon has the XB1 version for $23.25, anyone know of a cheaper deal? And deluxe edition is worthless if you don't care about cosmetics, right?

Loved Titanfall 1, didn't like the TF 2 beta impressions at all, then GAF convinced me to give the SP a shot and loved that, too. What an incredible ride.

Then, however, I never jumped into MP... This will finally change.

Respawn has been doing an amazing job.

To all the people having doubts about buying this game: DO IT. The SP alone is totally worth it.

D

Deleted member 286591

Unconfirmed Member
I want to give a shoutout to Respawn for the absolute exemplary support of an already awesome game.

If any of you peeps at Respawn read this : THANK YOU.

And like all these fellow gaffers here keep saying, to all the people still on the fence, just buy it. It's absolutely worth it.

GMAK2442

I'd for sure play that with the members of my Online Gaming Club.

I wonder how it stand against my preferred, L4D2.

dEvAnGeL

If you don't have this game
respectfully i don't understand how the %#>>|%|%{## you don't have it
buy it now! It's got probably the best fps campaign this gen thus far, a very enjoyable MP and all the DLC is free and you can get it for less than 30 bucks 90% of the time.

Falchion

Looks delicious, I'm going to play this through with my friends since we all have this. It's cool that people who are going to be playing this for the first time when it gets added to the Vault will have new content out of the gate.

This feels unfair to other games that are feature complete at launch.

Like, Call of Duty could launch without Zombies and with 9 maps and it wouldn't be applauded to adding Zombies and maps from the previous game as free DLC.

It feels like the support has just been taking the game to where a sequel to Titanfall 1 ought to have been, content-wise.
Err... Titanfall 2 did release feature complete though.

Would you prefer they tack on a season pass and make this content paid DLC?

Oh, but of course Call of Duty, the series with an identity crisis which previously attempted to copy Titanfall's success is the more feature complete game.

Saw this game (standard edition) in 25USD, do you recommend me to buy it? Never played it and not sure if this price is worth to get it.

Thanksss
Yes. One of the best recently released first-person shooters. Fantastic campaign and multiplayer.

fossi8

Saw this game (standard edition) in 25USD, do you recommend me to buy it? Never played it and not sure if this price is worth to get it.

Thanksss

VeeP

This is all considering that Titanfall 2 has only recently caught up to the launch map count of Titanfall 1.

Remember that Titanfall 2 might have launched with less maps, it launched on more consoles and it launched with a full single player campaign, which quite a few people regard as the best FPS campaign in recent years.

This feels unfair to other games that are feature complete at launch.

Like, Call of Duty could launch without Zombies and with 9 maps and it wouldn't be applauded to adding Zombies and maps from the previous game as free DLC.

It feels like the support has just been taking the game to where a sequel to Titanfall 1 ought to have been, content-wise.

wtf is this

Top Bottom