• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Titanfall beta dates : 14 - 19 february [PC and Xbox One]

rou021

It's like Microsoft wants me to go all digital and then they keep doing things that make it harder to do so.

Technically it's more of an EA/Respawn thing.

The beta is tempting, but I don't want to preorder it just yet. I've been burned too many times lately. Let's not forget the BF4 beta ran smoothly, while the release did not (even with its many patches, it still has problems). I'll probably wait for impressions on here.

Grief.exe

Anyway was there a BF4 beta on PC? If so what you had to do to get it?

pre-orders the first few days, then open beta after that.

People forget that comparing other EA releases to Titanfall is not necessarily applicable. EA owns Dice and the Battlefield IP, neither is similar in the Respawn situation.

EA just controls the publishing of the game, and they have obviously taken advantage of that in the past.

Don't forget Lighting Returns! :p

Japan sure forgot about Lighting Returns.

Have they said anything about the PC version? Like...anything at all?

I'm nor hyped about the game at all, but I would like to try it out on PC.

Jarmel

Banned
Gamestop exclusive is somewhat shitty. Also kinda disappointed in the length. I was hoping for at least a week.

BigDug13

Isn't it their policy to not let you cancel after you get any kind of preorder bonus though?

I never preorder through Gamestop so I'm not sure how much grief they'd give me for that. I guess the other option is to just put down the $5 and never go pick it up.

I'll just cross my fingers and hope that this ends up being a few days of early access to the beta or something.

How can they not let you cancel something you've only paid $5 towards? Oh, you'll keep my $5 preorder because I used the beta code? Ok, that's fine.

Interesting. My resolve is crumbling. Does anybody know if GMG will have some sort of discount or cheaper sale code?
Buying on Origin is bad enough. If I have to buy the game at full price, I might as well put dirt on my face and join the console peasant masses.

Grief.exe

Interesting. My resolve is crumbling. Does anybody know if GMG will have some sort of discount or cheaper sale code?
Buying on Origin is bad enough. If I have to buy the game at full price, I might as well put dirt on my face and join the console peasant masses.

GMG has had 25% off coupon that has worked in the past.

Quentyn

I really hope there will be some sort of an open beta. It is said all the time that Titanfall really needs to be played to get it. This would be the perfect way to give everyone an opportunity to do that. Tying that to a platform or retailer would be a really dumb move.

No complaints here, going digital. What's the big deal, its a $5 preorder that I can get my money back or just add it to a Microsoft point purchase.

Drake

I was going to get this game on PC anyways. If you want me to pre-order EA then give pre-orders beta access. pretty simple, really.

Mrbob

Those TitanFall codes are supposed to be one time use only and email specific. I didn't get one. :( If anyone has a spare PM me and I'll take. Greatly appreciated!

m23

Hopefully no more compressed textures and stuff, need to see something a bit more representative of the final game. Of course it'll still be a few weeks out for launch, but I would think it'll pretty much be close to the final build.

Quentyn

Announcement coming soon

Po2RIyN.png

Top Bottom