• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Titanfall beta dates : 14 - 19 february [PC and Xbox One]

Blu10

Well I can't wait to play this game, but I really don't want to get this from GameStop.

It makes no sense. Why give us the ability to go completely online with the digital download, and then tie stuff to a physical copy.

wrongway

Well that's disappointing. I'm not willing to put a cent into this until there are ample PC impressions, so I guess I'm sitting out until post launch. bleh.

BY2K

Membero Americo
Announcement coming soon

Po2RIyN.png

Please, PC! Pleeeeease!

Isn't it their policy to not let you cancel after you get any kind of preorder bonus though?

I never preorder through Gamestop so I'm not sure how much grief they'd give me for that. I guess the other option is to just put down the $5 and never go pick it up.

I'll just cross my fingers and hope that this ends up being a few days of early access to the beta or something.

I pre-ordered Guild Wars 2 through gamestop online, and I cancelled it. Still got a beta access, and the 2 days access code prior to launch. Best thing about pre-ordering online, no money down.

Grief.exe

I pre-ordered Guild Wars 2 through gamestop online, and I cancelled it. Still got a beta access, and the 2 days access code prior to launch. Best thing about pre-ordering online, no money down.

Probably my strategy as well, I'm still not sold after seeing the low skill-ceiling infantry combat in the alpha.

Beta will swing me one way or the other quickly.

S0cc3rpunk

Unconfirmed Member
Get ready everyone, i'm going to be doing/posting the first gun sync titanfall beta. Yay!!! im so excited D: i wanted to do this for the alpha but the nda :(

Special C

I pre-ordered Destiny from Amazon to sign up for the beta, even though I'm going to cancel and get it digital when it comes out. Did the same thing for Gamestop for Starcraft beta, just counted on "buying" the beta for 5 bucks and still ordered the game from amazon.

npa189

$20 says xbone only, god knows it probably needs it and PC will always and forever get the shaft from EA/Respawn(former IW) Will we get text chat and mouse and keyboard support?

Microsoft wants an all digital world. Must buy physical for beta...I know it's ea but ms should have worked it in the deal when they dumped all the cash on them.

sausje

Neo Member
I'm wondering what there will be done for the PC community competitive wise, are we getting private servers with mods on there? Or are we getting shafted just like with MW2?
I really hope that Respawn doesn't turn into a second IW and give the PC the middle finger..
That thing still pisses me off till this very date.. I was one of the first in line ~10 years ago, played the damn game for 7 years, kept the community strong after the first 4 past and most moved on already by creating the killingspree mod for example and a proper war mod for rifle only.
I hope that this game can replace what i have been missing for the past 3 years.. 6-7 wars a day is what i want :(

Caayn

So after we got retailer exclusive DLC last gen we're getting retailer exclusive demos ahum betas this gen?

Squire

Banned
If GS is getting posters or whatever today, then yeah, the promotion must start tomorrow. Makes sense not only given their financial call, but the fact Tuesday is new release day in the states.

BPoole

GameStop is going to pull every dirty trick in the book to try to remain relevant as the digital age progresses

Nirolak

Mrgrgr
Could we have official timeframes for games like Mass Effect, Mirror's Edge and such?

They used to give a full annual guidance at either this report or the next one, but now they've shrunk that to just what's announced.

That said we usually still get title and revenue phasing along with hint dropping, but if I had to guess, I expect neither of those two are in this fiscal year (April 2014 - March 2015) and probably both in the one right after that.

I do expect them to narrow down Dragon Age: Inquisition and pretty much admit to Battlefield 2014 coming out though.

Vico

They used to give a full annual guidance at either this report or the next one, but now they've shrunk that to just what's announced.

That said we usually still get title and revenue phasing along with hint dropping, but if I had to guess, I expect neither of those two are in this fiscal year (April 2014 - March 2015) and probably both in the one right after that.

I do expect them to narrow down Dragon Age: Inquisition and pretty much admit to Battlefield 2014 coming out though.

Oh, that's what I was thinking about when I asked that question.
Guess we'll have to wait. Seems like they won't unveil Mass Effect before E3.
Thanks for that.

I'll pre order at GameStop then

you get a bonus 30% too if you put it towards titanfall

I got NSMB just setting there :p

I want to play this beta now

MercuryLS

Banned
So to be eligible for this beta you need to pre-order the game right? The beta will be available for Xbox 360, Xbox One and PC right?

The 14th?

Smart move respawn

smart move

I'll be in a bubble bath eating chocolates all weekend, but I'm sure some of my gaming foreveralones will be getting plenty of beta time to make sure the game launches in tip top shape

TomShoe

Banned
$20 says xbone only, god knows it probably needs it and PC will always and forever get the shaft from EA/Respawn(former IW) Will we get text chat and mouse and keyboard support?

I have my paypal ready :)

I have a feeling that the beta's going to come for PC because of EA's desire to push Origin, and the fact that when someone buys the game digital, that cuts the middle-man out of the equation, which means more profits for the publisher and developer.

antitrop

The mission statement of the CoD fateful, Respawn bout to get that fanbase

I think once many popular CoD YouTube broadcasters start evangelizing Titanfall in March, lots of CoD faithfuls will take notice and move over.

There's just so much cross-appeal, that I really can't doubt Titanfall's inevitable success.

Top Bottom