• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Titanfall has monsters too, bros!

TrueCoins

Banned
It's most likely just the skybox, but thinking of titans vs monsters gets me hyped for the sequel. Make it like Dino-Riders:

jRSFiCk.jpg

That is the yearly version that alternates Titanfall from another dev - But with dinos instead of Mechs by Treyarch.

Zombie modes is now Nazi Dinos.

While Respawn works on the Titanfall with Mechas and Aliens

Teknoman

Oh man, having Monsters as an periodical stage hazards would be great. Two factions warring when suddenly beast arrive and you fight between the both enemies to survive, becoming temporary allies with the Militia/IMC or the monsters during the chaos. Kirby Air Ride shit right there, I'd love it.

I'm down for a Horde mode too.

Would be amazing, but then you'd probably have people complaining about that in one way or another. Maybe in a specific game mode...but then that might not be that populated.

Jac_Solar

75 awards?! Sheesh.

I suppose the news of monsters is mildly interesting - they'll be part of the lore or universe, with some types of flying monsters pestering players and NPC's in the maps, ok.

This is another element that would have gone well together with a single player campaign -- especially when combined with the mech element.

wotta

I think people are getting far too hyped for this game. There is going to be a lot of disappointment on launch day. It's not THAT good. Sure it's great fun, but it's hardly a game changer. Think people need to calm down a bit.

Jito

Banned
I think people are getting far too hyped for this game. There is going to be a lot of disappointment on launch day. It's not THAT good. Sure it's great fun, but it's hardly a game changer. Think people need to calm down a bit.

Stop liking things I don't like! Let people enjoy what they want man.

wotta

Stop liking things I don't like! Let people enjoy what they want man.

Just saying all this talk of monsters and people saying imagine this and that. The fact is we know next to nothing about this game other than the extra maps and what else has been farmed from the beta. That could be it for all we know. What if the MP campaign is terrible, what if the monsters are just in the background. What if there is nothing more to the game other than some more maps. It wouldn't be so great then.

I just wish people would calm down, because otherwise they are going to be very disappointed. I hope I'm wrong. But something has to give with this game, I just wonder what it will be.

Trojan X

Banned
All that's left is to announce that Titans will be able to combine to form the ultimate Titan.

There are no monsters in the game so I guess there is no reason to do any form of combining unless you want to go against your online opponent, which is limited in numbers anyway.

That's a shame if the monsters aren't going to be in the maps.

I was hoping for maps where you have AI monsters who are not part of either player team instead of the idiot cannon fodder grunts that they have on both teams. It could have made for interesting gameplay. I've played the beta up to level 11 and I still don't see a point in the current AI grunts.

Just saying all this talk of monsters and people saying imagine this and that. The fact is we know next to nothing about this game other than the extra maps and what else has been farmed from the beta. That could be it for all we know. What if the MP campaign is terrible, what if the monsters are just in the background. What if there is nothing more to the game other than some more maps. It wouldn't be so great then.

I just wish people would calm down, because otherwise they are going to be very disappointed. I hope I'm wrong. But something has to give with this game, I just wonder what it will be.

Well, people could calm down. Or be excited and dream up awesome stuff that may or may not end up happening but have a lot of fun doing so. I know which sounds more fun to me.

And no, I don't think you hope that you are wrong at all. You're just dull to the core.

wotta

Well, people could calm down. Or be excited and dream up awesome stuff that may or may not end up happening but have a lot of fun doing so. I know which sounds more fun to me.

And no, I don't think you hope that you are wrong at all. You're just dull to the core.

We'll see.

We'll see.

What will we see? I for one don't actually think monsters will actually be a big deal in this game, but then that's even more reason to be excited about it now. That way we get at least some entertainment out of it. Certainly beats walking around under a wet blanket.

wotta

What will we see? I for one don't actually think monsters will actually be a big deal in this game, but then that's even more reason to be excited about it now. That way we get at least some entertainment out of it. Certainly beats walking around under a wet blanket.

But there are no monsters as confirmed above. They are only in the background, you'll barely notice them when running about at high speed gunning people down.

This thread should be closed. Nothing to see here at all.

Raide

Shame about the large monsters not interacting but you can bet your ass that the Dog Whistle stuff will a prime target for the teams to cause added havoc with smaller creatures. Hell, we are not talking 100ft monsters. Even something Titan sized could be a problem for Pilots.

Give me a night map with flood-lights around and one of the objectives triggers some Pitch Black style monstergeddon. Imagine have to Evac while both teams get chased by monsters.

Looks like they'll be more or less skybox monsters like some of the ones in Resistance etc. They'll occasionally drop things or smash things on the battlefield but it'll all be scripted.

Fheonix

Neo Member
If you're telling me I can take on a Giant, Screen dominating Monster of Pacific Rim Scale, in a fun FPS way, I would actually buy an Xbox One.

I loved Lost Planet 2 (yes, I know I'm alone here), so this sounds right up my alley!

Liamario

Banned
I think they're setting it all up for the sequel; which will be like the empire strikes back in terms of expanding the universe/story.

slash3584

Judging from a lot of posts here, there will be a WHERE ARE THE MONSTERS? RESPAWN LIED TO US! thread when the game releases.

How many times I am going to hear the name leviathan when they refer to a monster in a video game? Can't they came up with an original name ?
The word has become synonymous with any large sea monster or creature. In literature (e.g., Herman Melville's Moby-Dick) it refers to great whales, and in Modern Hebrew, it means simply "whale". It is described extensively in Job 41 and mentioned in Isaiah 27:1.

Catch all term for sea monster

JimiNutz

Banned
I don't care if the Leviathan doesn't enter the map but I'm really hoping for some monsters...

The art book has pictures of loads of different monsters (flying ones and land based ones that look like big dogs).

Hopefully those enter the maps on certain modes because that would be seriously fun :)

I'm really hyped for this!

Icy Guy

Neo Member

As someone who devoured every morsel of Brink-related info from December 2009 all the way to its release in May 2011, I will say that this is very, very good advice.

Luckily for TF fans, they got a beta. There's no substitute for a little hands-on time, after all.

mapla

Neo Member
Imagine that you are fighting against your enemies and suddenly a monster come from the sky, enormous monster with his minions/youngsters. Then you have to stop attacking your "ex-enemies" and cooperate with them. You don't have to do that though, because you can chose, for example, you can kill your human enemies and escape from the battlefield avoiding the monsters. Just like is the game right now when you lose the match.

That could be aleatory. I mean, not in all matches could happen that. But with a mode which let the possibility to happen it will be interesting a very exciting.

It could be a good mode for Titanfall 2 and it will add a lot of variety to the game, because we are talking of trusting your enemies and react quickly to face the new threat. And if you trust your enemy but your colleagues don't do that? It will be a slaughter.

Oh man, I'd really like that.

slash3584

Imagine that you are fighting against your enemies and suddenly a monster come from the sky, enormous monster with his minions/youngsters. Then you have to stop attacking your "ex-enemies" and cooperate with them. You don't have to do that though, because you can chose, for example, you can kill your human enemies and escape from the battlefield avoiding the monsters. Just like is the game right now when you lose the match.

That could be aleatory. I mean, not in all matches could happen that. But with a mode which let the possibility to happen it will be interesting a very exciting.

It could be a good mode for Titanfall 2 and it will add a lot of variety to the game, because we are talking of trusting your enemies and react quickly to face the new threat. And if you trust your enemy but your colleagues don't do that? It will be a slaughter.

Oh man, I'd really like that.

This right here would be a gamechanger, maybe do it like Evolve where the monsters are player controlled? Not a third faction but maybe quick jump as monster mode.

Woo-Fu

Banned
If you look at in-game stats pages there is at least one mob type listed that we've not seen in the beta.

Top Bottom