• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Titanfall launching March 11, 2014 (PC/XB1/360 same date)

Silky

Banned
Thinking my options are:

• Get the inferior 360 version and be able to (somewhat) compete
  • Get the prettier PC version, but get destroyed because I suck at KB/M controls
  • Wait for the PS4 version

Hopefully the 360 version isn't horribly inferior.

Pretty sure the PC version will support controller. :)

Also, come on; it's Source Engine. 360 can do that easily.

So...how is that statue worth $250?

Hand-crafted, low-quantity production of such items are very, very expensive.

Some of the premiums you see out there at shopping malls, some simple mock-ups, panel boards, etc... they all cost a shit-ton of money to make despite looking cheap as hell.

T.O.P

Banned
BXMZWrNCUAA9Wfm.jpg

...FUCK

i want that :(

Anyway, Day 1 on Xbone, it will be glorious

KingJ2002

Screw collectors editions.

Guess who made the mistake of buying the Day 1 collections edition of Aliens Colonial Marines?

this-guy-o.gif

lol.. did the same for street fighter 4.

i was like "OMG... it's been 10 years... OF COURSE IM GETTING THE COLLECTOR'S EDITION"

it all becomes junk sooner or later... i'm never getting juiced again for my dollars again

aravuus

Fuck yes, can't wait for the PC version. For whatever reason I was afraid it'd be a kind of timed exclusive for consoles or something.

muu

Definitely understandable.

Although now that I think about it, I definitely prefer twitch shooters on PC, but considering that genre is basically dormant at the moment... :(

Funny how it's called that when you're far more likely to score a kill with a point-and-kill game like CoD. I agree w/ what you're saying, it's downright frustrating to play Quake/UT on consoles as you're forced to keep a bead on enemies for extended periods, shoot rockets on their feet where they'll be in 2 secs, etc etc. Lining up a shot and popping their head in CoD feels pretty, good but this just pissed me off when I tried playing UT3 on my 360. Halo isn't quite like this but it's much closer in feel than CoD, and for that reason I could never get into that series.

With the bot players and the Titan gimmick, maybe Titanfall will come a bit closer to the twitch shooter type play though -- longer lives usually means it's not always that the first to click wins. Hope that we do see a beta of some sort.

I've tried using my trackball for FPS's a couple times and have been destroyed every time since I couldn't aim for shit. Maybe it's a matter of getting used to it, as it did take a while to figure out regular PC controls on it as well....

Hopefully Steam Controller will be a decent bridging device.

Grief.exe

Hopefully the keyboard/mouse control is gimped like with Shadowrun.

Why would you hope for this? Ruin the game for the majority of players on PC?

We are already partially gimped with the reliance of ADS mechanics.

Did he get banned for this?

Mods should start editing the post where a user was banned and telling us exactly why. Will help us learn from their mistakes, better the community overall.

Your right, knock off 80 bucks for the game/artbook.

How is the statue worth $170?

I haven't seen it in real life? I surmise it would be exclusivity and cost of materials along with them making a profit?

18" is quite big. Looks decent the from the photos. I'll get one for sure.

Azlan

Pretty sure the PC version will support controller. :)

Also, come on; it's Source Engine. 360 can do that easily.

My only concern would be that they outsourced the 360 version to a completely different studio. I am sure there must be some downsides.

Why would you hope for this? Ruin the game for the majority of players on PC?

We are already partially gimped with the reliance of ADS mechanics.

Mods should start editing the post where a user was banned and telling us exactly why. Will help us learn from their mistakes, better the community overall.

lol no. you learn after you get banned.

Damn! That's harsh, but I guess technically it is port begging.

When you have ten people on the front page going "Looks like I'll be able to play it on my PS4 this winter lolz" it's gets annoying.

Personally, I think Titanfall looks really, really fun. Can't wait to pick it up on my PC and try it out. I won't be purchasing it for any consoles, so I hope the PC community will be strong enough to last for a while.

muu

I haven't seen it in real life? I surmise it would be exclusivity and cost of materials along with them making a profit?

18" is quite big. Looks decent the from the photos. I'll get one for sure.

18" = 45cm = fucking HUGE. If we compare this to Gundam models, the highest-tier "Perfect Grade" models are 1:60 and generally run at 30cm. They're posable and have near a thousand parts, and also cost ~$100-$200 depending on the model.

Grief.exe

18" = 45cm = fucking HUGE. If we compare this to Gundam models, the highest-tier "Perfect Grade" models are 1:60 and generally run at 30cm. They're posable and have near a thousand parts, and also cost ~$100-$200 depending on the model.

The only problem with something like this, is where people are going to put it.

Dahaka

One thing I don't understand. Why is the PS4 delayed but not the PC? The PC is competition as well to the Xbox.

Aw shit, KAL got banned, guess now I'll have to do the list until he's back. :/

I won't be purchasing it for any consoles, so I hope the PC community will be strong enough to last for a while.

PC community is always so under-appreciated. To me, the PC community has always been the community with the longest legs and dedication for their games, less of the console community. ( no offense )

Shadownet

Banned
I can't decide whether I should play this on my brand new gaming computer that I just built or play it on my Xbox One.

I think the last time I played a shooter game on PC was Modern Warfare 2 and I forgot how well/bad I did.

Gaf got any recommendation? Or maybe I can connect the xbox controller to PC and play it?

One thing I don't understand. Why is the PS4 delayed but not the PC? The PC is competition as well to the Xbox.

Because it's EA's game, not MS' game.

Moneyhat timed-exclusivity deals only get you so far, EA is not going to give such a special treatment to MS that they exclude another major platform from their line-up, especially for a game that is launching early into next-gen.

aravuus

lol no. you learn after you get banned.

Are you for real? If there was a small "reason for ban:" text in the post that got the member banned, maybe some newer juniors could see what suffices as port begging, for example, and know what to not do in the future.

RaikuHebi

Banned
I thought I saw PS3/PS4 in the title haha. Seeing the 3 in 360 and P in PC made me think that.

Hope this steals COD's thunder.

jayu26

PC community is always so under-appreciated. To me, the PC community has always been the community with the longest legs and dedication for their games, less of the console community. ( no offense )

I get giddy thinking about the mods PC community is going to create for this game.

When you have ten people on the front page going "Looks like I'll be able to play it on my PS4 this winter lolz" it's gets annoying.

Personally, I think Titanfall looks really, really fun. Can't wait to pick it up on my PC and try it out. I won't be purchasing it for any consoles, so I hope the PC community will be strong enough to last for a while.

I see where the reasoning lies. Sucks for those guys. though, trying to make a joke and getting banned. There's quite a few of them, I see. Hopefully they aren't out of action for too long!

As for TitanFall, I'll wait for reviews before jumping in. I have two XBONEs on pre-order and was planning on keeping one, but nothing really interests me at launch. I might unload em both and pick one back up around the time that TitanFall drops (lol).

EDIT: GUYS, be careful what you post regarding PS4, damn it!

Dahaka

Because it's EA's game, not MS' game.

Moneyhat timed-exclusivity deals only get you so far, EA is not going to give such a special treatment to MS that they exclude another major platform from their line-up, especially for a game that is launching early into next-gen.

Ah ok, that explains it well.

Kintaro

Worships the porcelain goddess
The difference is Dice is actually owned by EA, while Respawn is published under something called EA Partners.

I would be quite surprised to see this big of a game not exclusively on Origin.

Are you for real? If there was a small "reason for ban:" text in the post that got the member banned, maybe some newer juniors could see what suffices as port begging, for example, and know what to not do in the future.

Or perhaps they should read the rules before posting. They give you a reason after you find out you're banned. I have experience with this. =)

Top Bottom