• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Titanfall launching March 11, 2014 (PC/XB1/360 same date)

DeltaJay

Banned
BXMZWrNCUAA9Wfm.jpg

Okay. Was not aware it was that size.

Smart release date. Gives them plenty of time to get this out of people's systems and hopefully gather hype for a good halo game next holiday season.

Day fucking one. I would love to convince myself I could just wait for the PS4 version, but it ain't happening. I surrender myself to this game come March.

Don't know about that collector's edition though. $250 is crazy steep.

Riky

$MSFT
Hoped it would be spring, got enough with Killer Instinct, Dead Rising 3, Ryse and Forza 5 to keep me happy until then. Perfect timing.

Birbo

Thinking my options are:

• Get the inferior 360 version and be able to (somewhat) compete
  • Get the prettier PC version, but get destroyed because I suck at KB/M controls
  • Wait for the PS4 version

Hopefully the 360 version isn't horribly inferior.

GameSeeker

Let's hope that before March 11th they actually show some 360 and Xbone footage.

Showing PC footage over and over again is a marketing disservice for those that won't be buying the PC version.

FHIZ

Skimming through thread titles, this is what just happened to me:

"P" :O
"C" :(

That was quite an emotional whirlwind for a fraction of a second.

harSon

Banned
I grew up playing Doom, Quake and then Counter-Strike and I still have to agree that the couch gaming experience is much more comfortable for FPS's -- even with the castrated control options. That said I don't feel like spending 500 bucks plus 40/yr ( I won't buy it for any lower) for Live, and the fact that the 360 version is not being developed by Respawn makes me incredibly cautious about that version, especially when I've tired of every CoD since MW2 within a month of play. I prefer not to but I may have to go w/ the PC. Who knows -- maybe it'll be the best version after all?

Definitely understandable.

Although now that I think about it, I definitely prefer twitch shooters on PC, but considering that genre is basically dormant at the moment... :(

kbozz71

Banned
Thinking my options are:

• Get the inferior 360 version and be able to (somewhat) compete
  • Get the prettier PC version, but get destroyed because I suck at KB/M controls
  • Wait for the PS4 version

Hopefully the 360 version isn't horribly inferior.

That's my thinking exactly. I really wish they would show something, hell anything, from the 360 port.

Have we asked Titanfall if its coming to PS4 yet?

Respawn's line has been the same consistent "right now, we are focused on one platform, not ruling out future, would like to reach out to everyone, etc"

Basically, if it's coming, we won't know for a long while more.

That's my thinking exactly. I really wish they would show something, hell anything, from the 360 port.

I don't think they've even shown the XB1 version yet, only the PC build thus far.

Grief.exe

This is an EA game. It probably will not be on Steam. Do you see Battlefield 4 on Steam? Nope.

The difference is Dice is actually owned by EA, while Respawn is published under something called EA Partners.

Publishing under that arm of EA allows them to keep control of the IP and self-publish the game. The majority of EA Partners games are available on Steam.

Looking forward to playing this on my PC. Have they released or hinted at specs yet?

No, but the engine is based on Source and the battles are kept smaller in size. The requirements won't be that steep.

Skiesofwonder

Walruses, camels, bears, rabbits, tigers and badgers.
Not going to lie, for the first time I'm actually considering an Xbox One over the PS4. It all depends on how well the 360 version holds up compared to X1 Titanfall.

LtOrange

This is releasing a lot sooner than I was expecting...hopefully Destiny is not far behind. It is really nice to see the post launch drought being avoided this gen.

Will get the CE if it's a worldwide release and we get them here in the UAE. Looks fantastic. I've never played a multiplayer shooter before but this is the game which I'm most looking forward too.

saelz8

Same, PC version has been pre-ordered for awhile, grabbed it back when Gamestop was running a deal that made it $45 for the digital version.

Hope my 660Ti can handle what they're bringing, if not, probably going to upgrade to something on the AMD side this time around.

660 should handle it easily. Engine is Source, with some additions.

Top Bottom