• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Titanfall Xbox One Bundle

Status
Not open for further replies.

kenta

Has no PEINS
Given the weird retailer deals going around right now, I'd guess this will be $500. But that sure would piss off all the early adopters... Tough spot they're putting themselves in

GavinGT

Banned
I can see that there are often advantages in buying digital (such as pricing) but I can't see any specific advantage in this case. I would rather just have a physical copy here, and that would be available to me just as readily as a digital copy.

Because switching between digital games is fast and convenient:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=e3bgBC2L0qA

See all the times I had to say "cancel"? That's because those are games I own on disc, and they weren't in the drive at the time.

Nvader

Neo Member
Not reskinning the console is excusable but they definitely dropped the ball by not including the Titanfall controller
[Which was even tweaked at the request of Respawn no less!]
aVmVFBb.jpg

Dougald

So what happens after the month of gold expires and the game is unplayable?

What happens after you buy a subscription based MMO and the trial runs out?

I'm pretty sure if you were buying an XBO and Titanfall, you'll already have or be going to buy a gold sub. You may not like the requirement to pay for online but that has been the reality for Xbox ever since they introduced online play, seems a bit odd to complain 3 consoles in.

Bsigg12

So what happens after the month of gold expires and the game is unplayable?

The amount of people who will rage about Destiny will be interesting. While you can play the game solo, you have to be connected to the internet. With both the PS4 and Xbox One versions, that requires a sub to their services.

I don't think most consumers are THAT ignorant.
I could be wrong though.

No one will actually know any real percentages off course.

But when I look at my friends that occasionally game, none of them read up on anything game related.

They barely know that X1 and PS4 are out. So knowing that there is a clear difference is also not likely.

What they are responsive to is a ''killer app'' that gets a lot of (positive) attention by mainstream media.

If they had a X360 they are likely to go for X1. I would not be surprised that most gamers are like that.

I believe it is not unlikely to call ourselves ''game enthusiasts'' rather than the main audience.

sector4

not bad. if it's $499, of course.
If the Australian price of $599 in the OP is correct, then it'll be the same price as a Standard XB1 in USA. Standard XB1 in Aus is $599, so they're giving you a TitanFall d/l code and month of LIVE for free. Kind of like how D1 Editions got FIFA 14 over here.

What happens after you buy a subscription based MMO and the trial runs out?

I'm pretty sure if you were buying an XBO and Titanfall, you'll already have or be going to buy a gold sub. You may not like the requirement to pay for online but that has been the reality for Xbox ever since they introduced online play, seems a bit odd to complain 3 consoles in.

It's not an requirement to play online. It's a requirement to play the game period. Count on one had how many games 3 consoles in that was ever the case with xbox

The amount of people who will rage about Destiny will be interesting. While you can play the game solo, you have to be connected to the internet. With both the PS4 and Xbox One versions, that requires a sub to their services.

It's funny after SimCity-gate these decisions are getting a pass. The fact that there is no spitscreen in Titanfall makes local play unlikely. This is pretty much the same case of drm that SimCity had. Games tied too servers with no control by the payed customer. All which could have been avoided.

coldone

If they price it at $499.. it will move a lot of consoles. For lot of consumers, it is effectively a $60 price cut.

$599 Australian Dollars... for the game you can't play in Australia.

And you don't even get a custom Xbone or controller... or even a physical disc.

No one will actually know any real percentages off course.

But when I look at my friends that occasionally game, none of them read up on anything game related.

They barely know that X1 and PS4 are out. So knowing that there is a clear difference is also not likely.

What they are responsive to is a ''killer app'' that gets a lot of (positive) attention by mainstream media.

If they had a X360 they are likely to go for X1. I would not be surprised that most gamers are like that.

I believe it is not unlikely to call ourselves ''game enthusiasts'' rather than the main audience.

I honestly don't think people will pick up an Xbone just because they owned a 360.
From what I've seen on facebook, twitter, and general word of mouth. I hear PS4. My nephew even tells me all his friends want a PS4. This could really mean nothing lol I don't think people have to know the percentages, just know that "PS4 is more powerful" and if they check gaming media, well there's always headlines of PS4 doing something more powerful than the Xbone. I don't think the general consumer is THAT ignorant. Also, yeah Titanfall hype could push people to buy the Xbone.

bGanci

Banned
Not reskinning the console is excusable but they definitely dropped the ball by not including the Titanfall controller
[Which was even tweaked at the request of Respawn no less!]
aVmVFBb.jpg
The tweek isn't a physical change. It's a software change.

Doombacon

It's funny after SimCity-gate these decisions are getting a pass. The fact that there is no spitscreen in Titanfall makes local play unlikely. This is pretty much the same case of drm that SimCity had. Games tied too servers with no control by the payed customer. All which could have been avoided.

The reason they are getting a pass is because online can be argued by a sane human being to be superior to offline in a multiplayer FPS. I'm fairly confident the same can't be said of a city building game.

so, almost as every console + game bundle, disappointing because it would've been cool to see a customized XB1, but I don't see the problem here, specially if it's 499$/€

I know, Microsoft is so pathetic for not bundling a Controller that wouldn't match the design of the console, or Kinect. So pathetic. Bringing shame to our industry.

Hmm but then what XB1 are you supposed to use the available Titanfall SE XB1 controller for if not the standard edition XB1 which is the only one available?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom