• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Titanfall Xbox One Bundle

Status
Not open for further replies.
It's not something new really, MS has done digital game bundles a lot with 360, and Nintendo does it with the 3ds too.

Well personally I was kind of ticked off I didn't get Link Between Worlds in a physical copy with my Zelda 3DS. So I can understand the feeling of disappointment of the digital download code.

Fox Mulder

lol, no special design like the rumors, and not even the special controller

Microsoft, pls.

I prefer bundles to not be themed hardware. I don't really want to look at a titanfall or halo themed controller/console for the next 7 years.

Tazo

At AUD$599 it's the same price as the standard Xbox One console here in Australia. That is a great incentive for people to buy Xbox One over PS4 here IMO. Basically a free copy of Titanfall, and I was going to get a digital copy anyway... I just wish I didn't already have the console.

Edit: Keep in mind, PS4 is AUD$549 here, and Titanfall at retail will be AUD$99.95 RRP. Good value!

TheD

The Detective
Wait, what I saw on the DSE catalog earlier today was news?

Also, A download code for the game is a jerk move in Aus.

Dougald

It's not an requirement to play online. It's a requirement to play the game period. Count on one had how many games 3 consoles in that was ever the case with xbox

It's not like Sim City or something though, this is actually an online-only game, hence me using the MMO example. If your problem is that the game lacks a SP mode, then that's not really what you've been saying. Personally I feel that going away from the CoD style tacked-on SP, when we all know that MP is the draw is a good thing. I wasn't clamouring for a Singleplayer mode in Planetside, EVE online, Guild Wars, or any other MMO I've played, F2P or not.

jester_

Very disappointing, not like I was going to pick up a second one anyway but they definitely missed an opportunity to get people who love limited edition shit. This is the wrong way to go, they could have even just done all-white and got more sales.

Although it looks like the standard console is also 599AUD, so at least they are 'giving away' the game + XBL codes. (lol games are 99AUD each)

Even at $499 its overpriced for what you are getting IMO.
I don't get it... It'd be a 'free' $60 game lol

I prefer bundles to not be themed hardware. I don't really want to look at a titanfall or halo themed controller/console for the next 7 years.
I like my Halo 4 Xbox 360, but I kinda agree.
It's something I like in my room, but not something my family would want in the living room :p

stitch512

Banned
Wait, what I saw on the DSE catalog earlier today was news?

Also, A download code for the game is a jerk move in Aus.

Its not that bad. Most gamers with xbox one's in Australia you would expect to have at least 5-10mbit. So it takes a few hours to download, big deal.

TheD

The Detective
Its not that bad. Most gamers with xbox one's in Australia you would expect to have at least 5-10mbit. So it takes a few hours to download, big deal.

It is not the time I am thinking about (more the likelihood that some people with really shit download caps buy the bundle without knowing how big the game is).

It's not like Sim City or something though, this is actually an online-only game, hence me using the MMO example. If your problem is that the game lacks a SP mode, then that's not really what you've been saying. Personally I feel that going away from the CoD style tacked-on SP, when we all know that MP is the draw is a good thing. I wasn't clamouring for a Singleplayer mode in Planetside, EVE online, Guild Wars, or any other MMO I've played, F2P or not.

Read the rest of the post. I mentioned local splitscreen multiplayer that is present in almost every popular fps out there. This not an online only anymore than Sim City. This is a multilayer game that purposely disguised with the requirement to be online only when it doesn't need too.

I would love to be proven wrong but with no splitscreen and and no mention of local play, the writing is on the wall.

The reason they are getting a pass is because online can be argued by a sane human being to be superior to offline in a multiplayer FPS. I'm fairly confident the same can't be said of a city building game.

A sane human being would like too have as many options as possible especially if it mean the product they paid for won't eventually be a useless coaster.

People in general like to have control over their purchases. Not just sane ones.

Its not a bad deal if you wanted to buy a Xbox 1 specifically for the game. The hardware is overpriced and underpowered compared to the ps4 though.
Why is there a need to compare the Xbox One to the PS4? The Xbox One is an excellent product, and this bundle is for people who want to buy an Xbox One for Titanfall, which, for the record, PS4 doesn't have, so it's not worth mentioning.

Funny we are getting it in Australia/NZ where there aren't even any servers to play it on lol

Will be interesting to see how parents react to downloading all the X1 patches as well as Titanfall heh

Alpende

Not even a skin on the console like they did with that ugly Star Wars one?

Now it's just another bundle sitting on shelves.

This is a thread about the TF bundle.

That's why I said its overpriced for what you are getting IMO. The price drop to $399 will most likely be sooner rather than later. Its not a bad deal if it ends up $499 and you were going to buy one for this game anyway. I don't see how this convinces ssomeone to buy one who wasn't going to already for the game.

Toki767

Why is there a need to compare the Xbox One to the PS4? The Xbox One is an excellent product, and this bundle is for people who want to buy an Xbox One for Titanfall, which, for the record, PS4 doesn't have, so it's not worth mentioning.

By that logic, you could buy a 360 and Titanfall for probably half the price of this bundle and there would be even more games available to play after you're tired of Titanfall.

Shin-Ra

The amount of people who will rage about Destiny will be interesting. While you can play the game solo, you have to be connected to the internet. With both the PS4 and Xbox One versions, that requires a sub to their services.
I thought you needed PS+ for synchronous (live) multiplayer on PS4?

By that logic, you could buy a 360 and Titanfall for probably half the price of this bundle and there would be even more games available to play after you're tired of Titanfall.
In that case, the bundle isn't for you. :) Comparing it to the Xbox 360 is fine, that wasn't the point I was making. It's also fine comparing it to PC gaming.

Comparing it to the PS4 isn't even logical.

This is a bundle for people who want to play Titanfall. Now their options are:

Buy a 360/TF = $360
Buy TF for 360 = $60
Buy a One/TF = $500
Build PC/TF = $500+
Buy TF for PC = $60

Dougald

Read the rest of the post. I mentioned local splitscreen multiplayer that is present in almost every popular fps out there. This not an online only anymore than Sim City. This is a multilayer game that purposely disguised with the requirement to be online only when it doesn't need too.

I would love to be proven wrong but with no splitscreen and and no mention of local play, the writing is on the wall.

Having played the beta, I''m not sure that Titanfall would be anything but a complete disappointment in an offline + bots mode with local multiplayer, and I feel that a SP campaign would be nice, but shoehorned in. Did you play the game? It's not some conspiracy by Microsoft to make you part with a couple quid a month.

They could have added a local LAN + splitscreen mode, though. But a game that without gold, is only playable in local LAN, is probably more useless than the scenario you're trying to describe where someone would drop £425 on a console but not £26 a year for a live key

I actually dislike paying for Gold, but if you hate it as much as you seem to be, vote with your wallet rather than making snipes at how you think games should be developed - if they're not games you want to play, don't buy them. If enough people who feel like you miss the game because of lack of offline SP, sales will be affected, and publishers will always demand what produces sales.

bebop242

Smart move by MS. This will definitely move some units. I can't help but think they are putting all their eggs into Titanfall's basket. It will be interesting the next couple months.

Source: http://stevivor.com/2014/02/microso...itanfall-xbox-one-bundle#sthash.5o3AZvxR.dpuf

Seems it will be officially announced tomorrow according to this site.

Edit: They list the price as $599.00 AUD and more information will be posted here: http://www.xbox.com/en-US/xbox-one/consoles/bundles/titanfall-bundle tomorrow.

I made a GIF I feel is appropriate for this:

AwdL9Iq.gif

That's why I said its overpriced for what you are getting IMO. The price drop to $399 will most likely be sooner rather than later. Its not a bad deal if it ends up $499 and you were going to buy one for this game anyway. I don't see how this convinces ssomeone to buy one who wasn't going to already for the game.

1) I know people that haven't been able to buy an x1 yet and plan to get titanfall as soon as they can. This deal benefits them.

2) When titanfall is the big new thing everyone talks about, there are a good number of people that hadn't considered going next gen any time soon whose titanfall friends will sway with this deal.

Smart move by MS. This will definitely move some units. I can't help but think they are putting all their eggs into Titanfall's basket. It will be interesting the next couple months.

They sort of have to. This could potentially be their killer app for the X1 and if it is that means they will have one before Sony. MS needs Titanfall to push as many consoles as possible and they're making sure it does.

bGanci

Banned
Do we have a Microsoft insider? Do you own a xbox one or plan on buyin one? Also all eggs in one basket? This is one of the most anticipated games of 2014. You think Sony would approach this differently?

Toki767

No way will this be 599 in the states. That price is now a bad omen and meme worth

They didn't pack in a single thing that would warrant an extra $100 of stuff. It'll be $500. It should be $450 though. Free game or not, the $500 price tag is still going to be what people see in the end.

Sony used to try doing the same thing with the PS3. The big elephant in the room would be the price but they just kept bundling games thinking it would add to the value. Everyone still just saw the price.

No way will this be 599 in the states. That price is now a bad omen and meme worth

Since the Xbox one is regularly 599 down under its a safe assumption that this is will be 499 in the US. Especially when buying an Xbox one and titanfall separately is 560, the bundle then makes no sense at 599.

Daingurse

That's a weak ass bundle. Expected a Tifanfall themed console and controller. The controller exists, so not sure what's up with that not being included. Guess I was expecting a Halo Reach limited edition type of thing going on.

ZehDon

Gold Member
It seems strange that Microsoft are essentially giving away their biggest title for free three months after launch. I haven't paid a lot of attention to bundles before - is this common? Also, only packing a months worth of live - required to actually use the game, as it's multiplayer only - seems pretty raw. Even with a free game, the Xbone is just not an attractive value proposition in my opinion. The bundle would be more attractive if you didn't need to eventually buy Xbox Live to play the pack in title. I suspect the 360 version is going to be the version of choice, simply because a lot of its core audience already play CoD on it. With Titanfall being available there, there really isn't too much incentive to migrate. I can't see this moving all that many Xbones. Or maybe I'm being short sighted?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom